Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 09-07-2017, 02:08 PM   #1
Brianw36
SNSTRSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Nitrous Builds

Has anyone completed any nitrous builds lately? If so, any issues or concerns? anyone running e85 with nitrous? How about winmax window switch and or lnc 2014? Where did you tie in to for tps and rpm? What rpm are you spraying at in an A8. 3000 on 6200 off? Did you change out spark plugs? What about a tune?
Old 09-07-2017, 02:19 PM   #2
parish8

Drives: 17 SS a8
I am getting set up for a little spray. Not much of what I am doing will help but I can tell you the actual throttle plate is can bus so you have to come off the pedal which is a little sketchy since the pedal and throttle plate don't always match up.
Old 09-07-2017, 03:24 PM   #3
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianw36 View Post
Has anyone completed any nitrous builds lately? If so, any issues or concerns? anyone running e85 with nitrous? How about winmax window switch and or lnc 2014? Where did you tie in to for tps and rpm? What rpm are you spraying at in an A8. 3000 on 6200 off? Did you change out spark plugs? What about a tune?

Issues or concerns: Actually getting nitrous. I did not have and real concerns beside the sock fuel system and pistons. (that I no longer have.)

E85: Yes I've ran e85, c85, ignite e98, FTW purple and +. The biggest concern when running these fuels is the jetting. The jetting suggestions that comes with most kits is close but no perfect. I suggest that you have a way of testing the ethanol content in your fuel (beside your flex fuel sensor).

Winmax, LNC 2014, Window switch: I used the standards tps, and RPM window switch from Nitrous Express. It has the option of activation with tps only, rpm only or both. The Nitrous outlet is the same price and also has the option of gear activation.

Nitrous activation timing: I think it depends on the car, fuel, tune, and track. If the track is hooking up well, and you have a good safe tune you can activate earlier. If the prep is not well or you are having issues getting out of the hole I would delay the activation. Also I would shut the nitrous off a couple hundred RPM before your fuel cut off. I usually ran my window on at 3500 and off at 6200. But I have a 3500 rpm stall and a 6500 shift and fuel cut off.

TPS and RPM connections: You can splice in at the TPS voltage at the throttle pedal, and a green wire at one of the coils. There is also the option to go to the connectors at the ECM. I have the pin out somewhere.

Sparkplugs: NGK 6510 heat range 7. gap I don't remember my gap at this moment. I will look through my old thread for them.

Tune: This is probably the place where you will have a hard time getting info from real tuners (NOT ME, IM NOT A TUNER!!!) Because looking at the logs is of the utmost importance! No one wants to be tied to a blow motor, and more so it is why nitrous has receive a bad rap. I have nitrous specific tunes. I only used nitrous when I was at the "track". I would change the tune for that situation. There have been others who have sprayed on the stock tunes. I had a different tune for the fuel and nitrous amount (a lot of tunes).
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:00 PM   #4
Brianw36
SNSTRSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Thanks for sharing. I plan on using a separate fuel cell will c85 to keep the ethanol consistent while I use pump e85 in the regular tank with a zl1 intank fuel pump. Do you have any pictures of wire taps? Do you have spark plug gap?
Old 09-08-2017, 10:22 PM   #5
Turbo_RORO

Drives: Camaro 17 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianw36 View Post
Thanks for sharing. I plan on using a separate fuel cell will c85 to keep the ethanol consistent while I use pump e85 in the regular tank with a zl1 intank fuel pump. Do you have any pictures of wire taps? Do you have spark plug gap?
I will look for the gap information. AS far as pics. I'm going out of town in three AM. so it'll be after the 22nd. Unless I can find them on the web .
Turbo_RORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:36 PM   #6
Dubchitts

Drives: '17 Red hot 2ss, 16 Focus RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_RORO View Post

TPS and RPM connections: You can splice in at the TPS voltage at the throttle pedal, and a green wire at one of the coils. There is also the option to go to the connectors at the ECM. I have the pin out somewhere.
Reactivating a dead thread. Can someone show me how you tapped into the pedal? Lol. That little 2 inch nub of wire looks like a b!+$. Did you figure out what pin at the pcm it is? May be a little more wire to work with

Afe Air Filter//BMR MM010 Motor Mounts, Safety Loop//Custom OTR Intake//Flex Fuel Kit//Gforce 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft//GM 95mm TB//Katech Oil Pump, Piston Squirters//Kooks 1-7/8 LT//LT4 Fueling//Mighty Mouse Wild//Monster Clutch LT1-S Triple Disc//MSD 2-Step//Pray Performance Custom Spec Cam, Ported Holley Hi-Ram//Sikky 12" Shifter w OEM Knob Mod//Tick Level 1 Tr6060//Labor by Me//Tune By Pray Performance
Dubchitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:11 PM   #7
Anti_venomSS

Drives: '18 Camaro SS
Bump. Also interested
Old 08-02-2020, 10:10 AM   #8
joe111599

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubchitts View Post
Reactivating a dead thread. Can someone show me how you tapped into the pedal? Lol. That little 2 inch nub of wire looks like a b!+$. Did you figure out what pin at the pcm it is? May be a little more wire to work with
Here's what I am using....
https://www.jmschip.com/throttle-pos...-0-5v-adapter/
joe111599 is offline   Reply With Quote