Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-31-2016, 10:32 PM   #1
FUEGO
BEASST

Drives: Murderd convertible
eBay Rear diffuser Review

Picked it up on eBay for $150 shipped. I sanded it down with 600 grit and painted gloss black to match the car yesterday and just finished install today.. The quality is nice and sturdy wasn't floping around felt pretty close to the stock diffuser material. Mine was starting to fade and look old so I was going to just paint it and call it good, but glad I bought the aftermarket diffuser because it was a b***h to get off the original diffuser and I broke a couple tabs and bent it a bit as I was taking it off (I have zero patience) if you follow this forum:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153221

for instructions to remove diffuser as i did you can easily get it off but it was definitely not my easiest mod. I almost thought it wasn't going to fit as I was doing the mock up because the body of the car has a nice curve and the diffuser wanted to stay horizontal so I had to work the tabs in place from left to right applying pressure to hold the assembled side in place as the free side wanted to bend away from the car and I was doing this alone so it was probably more work than needed but I got it in place and to my surprise it fits almost perfect and follows the body of the car like it was stock no buldge or warps even no trimming necessary.. It comes with two bolts and nuts to mount it near the tires but there is no place to re - use the other four 7mm screws from the original setup so I drilled small holes on the bottom of the fins and zip tied to the original mounting bracket where the 7mm screws were located. Fits nice and snug looks great painted. I took her for a test drive and no problems I would definitely recommend it now i see other camaros with the faded gray stock diffuser and its becoming an eyesore! Here's the side by side parts and the before & after pics .. Sorry shes dirty its been raining but I already got compliments on the way home from my shop after install.. I also installed the eBay front lip and it looks peachy.. Happy Halloween everybody!

Day after install first wash paint stays put with pressure washer

Last edited by FUEGO; 11-01-2016 at 03:02 PM.
FUEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:33 PM   #2
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Looks good
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 10:38 PM   #3
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
Looks good
Thanks brotha! Appriciate the feedback

Old 10-31-2016, 11:20 PM   #4
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
The new one looks awesome. Not just cause it's new and shines but the deeper "fins" look more aggressive. I'm totally into it. I wouldn't think such a small detail would change the car so much good job.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:25 AM   #5
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
Nice, the deeper fins are awesome!

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:55 AM   #6
FUEGO
BEASST

Thanks guys I was definitely going for that aggressive look, I haven't seen anybody around town with this set up stoked to stand out a bit without breaking the bank
Old 11-01-2016, 12:30 PM   #7
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Looks Great!!!
Old 11-01-2016, 02:59 PM   #8
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLocalDJ View Post
Looks Great!!!

Thanks man !
Old 11-02-2016, 08:54 AM   #9
BrianKC

Drives: 2007 Corvette Z06
Just ordered mine! I have a RJT car with matte black accents though so I'm thinking I'll find a flat/matte black to paint it instead of gloss. I've wanted a new rear diffuser for awhile now but wasn't a huge fan of the Havoc because of how thick the fins are and the price. This is perfect! Thanks for bringing my attention to it!
BrianKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:40 AM   #10
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
Looks great! Too bad I have quad tips
LSA Supercharger, BTR Stage 3 PDS Cam, Yank 3200SS, Weapon X Stage 2 intake, LSA Heads, Flex Fuel, Ported throttle body, Speed Engineering Headers, NOWEEDS, ZL1 fuel pump, DSX AUX Pump, ID-1050X injectors, 3” pipe to NPP mufflers, 3.91 gears
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:42 AM   #11
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKC View Post
Just ordered mine! I have a RJT car with matte black accents though so I'm thinking I'll find a flat/matte black to paint it instead of gloss. I've wanted a new rear diffuser for awhile now but wasn't a huge fan of the Havoc because of how thick the fins are and the price. This is perfect! Thanks for bringing my attention to it!

Nice! I was in the same boat man didn't want somthing that was too over the top... I think if you plasti -dip it flat black you should be good and thats easy to touch up.. Take your time getting that stock diffuser off that was the hardest part, maybe an extra hand would be useful also.. Glad I helped you on that selection man upload some pics on here when you install
Old 11-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #12
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
Looks great! Too bad I have quad tips

That's an easy fix go get some that will fit. . I also heard of guys cutting them to accommodate quads take it to a shop so its nice and looks factory...if you mess up well it was only $150 .. worth a shot
Old 11-03-2016, 05:05 PM   #13
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
That looks really great ! I had this on my Camaro for about 3 or 4 years and got it from Ohio Speed back when they first came out and I uummmm paid 398 bucks for mine ! Yikes, but it was what I was looking for back then, no one else in my part of the state had one, but me, I too did not like the Havoc, too bulky looking. NowI have the 1LE conversion with the quads and love it ! Good job !!! Looks great.
Old 11-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #14
FUEGO
BEASST

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
That looks really great ! I had this on my Camaro for about 3 or 4 years and got it from Ohio Speed back when they first came out and I uummmm paid 398 bucks for mine ! Yikes, but it was what I was looking for back then, no one else in my part of the state had one, but me, I too did not like the Havoc, too bulky looking. NowI have the 1LE conversion with the quads and love it ! Good job !!! Looks great.

Jeez $398 ... ouch, honestly I haven't even seen another 5th gen with an aftermarket diffuser in my area anyway, just one guy his looks like the charger rear bumper with the chrome inserts around the exhaust tips.. not a big fan, but yeah I'm happy looks killer with the top down

Tags
diy, lip, splitter