Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-07-2021, 10:47 PM   #1
RoaringV8

Drives: 2017 HBM Camaro SS 1LE Camaro
Goodridge Stainless Steel Lines - Issues on Rear lines

I purchased some Goodridge Stainless steel brake lines specifically designed for the SS 1LE and experienced some issues with the rears leaking. The leaking was occurring below the nut in the first image. I didn't really notice it until I was finished and I began to bleed the brakes where it started to leak down. I tripled checked tightening down everything, but the leaking continued, albeit slow, even when I was not pumping the brake. This was happening on both rear lines. No kinks in the line or anything of that sort.

The second image is the steel brake line and the third is the stock rubber line. The hole where the brake fluid would travel looks slightly different from the stock rubber line, but I cannot figure out why there is a leak. I had no leaks coming from the front lines. For now, I put back the stock rubber lines on both rears. Anybody have any thoughts or advice on what might be happening or had similar issues?
Attached Images

RoaringV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:24 AM   #2
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaringV8 View Post
I purchased some Goodridge Stainless steel brake lines specifically designed for the SS 1LE and experienced some issues with the rears leaking. The leaking was occurring below the nut in the first image. I didn't really notice it until I was finished and I began to bleed the brakes where it started to leak down. I tripled checked tightening down everything, but the leaking continued, albeit slow, even when I was not pumping the brake. This was happening on both rear lines. No kinks in the line or anything of that sort.

The second image is the steel brake line and the third is the stock rubber line. The hole where the brake fluid would travel looks slightly different from the stock rubber line, but I cannot figure out why there is a leak. I had no leaks coming from the front lines. For now, I put back the stock rubber lines on both rears. Anybody have any thoughts or advice on what might be happening or had similar issues?
I can say the passenger rear Goodridge line on my SS 1LE wheeped just a little (just damp) at first from installation. It was my fault as the line just needed to be tightened up just a little more.

So far, they’ve been fine after the 2020 track season - I check them very often as far as standard pre- and post- session inspection, along with my brakes, tires and wheels .

Maybe the rears have the wrong flare internally, or it’s a little off somehow?

I trust you tightened them fully? In all the brake work I’ve ever done, especially installing new lines in various cars, I’ve found new lines to be a little finicky at times on completely sealing, requiring a re-torque after initial install.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 10:35 AM   #3
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i have them on my 1ss no problems here maybe its just a bad line? i would email them
Old 01-08-2021, 07:44 PM   #4
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
Make sure you hold the hex on the braided line itself when you're tightening the hard brake line so things don't rotate. If you don't, it will definitely not be tight enough
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote