Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 01:27 AM   #1
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
HELP with pull over case

Some of you may have read my pull over thread. I need your help...Is it possible for a stock 1SS Camaro to go from 7 to 80MPH in 0.15 miles. I know they average in the low 100s in the quarter mile but that is longer than 0.15 miles. If so, any official way to prove it?
Old 06-30-2015, 04:24 AM   #2
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Oh jesus....please stop this insanity! You have one thread already on this sniveling crap.

And for the record...you are so specific with the miles per hour and distance...usually a STRONG sign of justifying guilt....as they say....it's ALL in the details.

As far as your question.....

.15 miles is 792 feet.

You didn't say stock...

You didn't say auto

You didn't mention altitude

You didnt mention weather conditions (dry/wet)

You didn't mention relative humidity and dewpoint.

You didn't mention your tire pressure

You failed to mention your temperature rating, speed rating or tread wear of your tires

You failed to mention if you had occupants

You failed to mention if you had a full, half, quarter tank of gas

You failed to mention if you had groceries in trunk..

You failed to mention what octane you use.

ALL of the above have an impact to your query if you wish a mathematical answer.

However...considering a 1/4 mile can generally be traversed by an SS at roughly 12.9 at 112 mph from a dead stop...and there are 1320 feet in a quarter mile...you've traveled 69% (792 feet or .15 mile) of advertised quarter mile time. My calculations say that in 792 feet (which is 132 feet longer than an 1/8 mile) you have the potential with a margin of error of +/- 4% to achieve a potential speed of between 84.5 and 98.7 mph...bone stock, decent tires...excellent road conditions.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Old 06-30-2015, 05:02 AM   #3
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Oh jesus....please stop this insanity! You have one thread already on this sniveling crap.

And for the record...you are so specific with the miles per hour and distance...usually a STRONG sign of justifying guilt....as they say....it's ALL in the details.

As far as your question.....

.15 miles is 792 feet.

You didn't say stock...

You didn't say auto

You didn't mention altitude

You didnt mention weather conditions (dry/wet)

You didn't mention relative humidity and dewpoint.

You didn't mention your tire pressure

You failed to mention your temperature rating, speed rating or tread wear of your tires

You failed to mention if you had occupants

You failed to mention if you had a full, half, quarter tank of gas

You failed to mention if you had groceries in trunk..

You failed to mention what octane you use.

ALL of the above have an impact to your query if you wish a mathematical answer.

However...considering a 1/4 mile can generally be traversed by an SS at roughly 12.9 at 112 mph from a dead stop...and there are 1320 feet in a quarter mile...you've traveled 69% (792 feet or .15 mile) of advertised quarter mile time. My calculations say that in 792 feet (which is 132 feet longer than an 1/8 mile) you have the potential with a margin of error of +/- 4% to achieve a potential speed of between 84.5 and 98.7 mph...bone stock, decent tires...excellent road conditions.
You think its crap, you don't have to view or comment on it. Just because I have exact speed of how fast I was going, I am guilty? Your logic seems to be off sir. Physics also doesn't work by taking a quarter mile distance and taking a percentage of it to find speed. Your calculation doesn't take many things into account like low end torque, the time it takes to shift, acceleration variations etc etc.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:06 AM   #4
lurker

Drives: 2013 Challenger SXT Redline
Marisa Tomei... My Cousin Vinny.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:17 AM   #5
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ǝɔᴉlod View Post
You think its crap, you don't have to view or comment on it. Just because I have exact speed of how fast I was going, I am guilty? Your logic seems to be off sir. Physics also doesn't work by taking a quarter mile distance and taking a percentage of it to find speed. Your calculation doesn't take many things into account like low end torque, the time it takes to shift, acceleration variations etc etc.

Look at this....these are bone stock 1/8 mile times...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34330

So...tell me again....how far off I am?

You asked if if was possible that a 1SS can do 7 to 80 mph in .15 mile.

I not only calculated that it is possible...it is VERY likely plus your 80 mph reference stipulates a 4 plus mph on the low end and an 18 mph on the top end.

Perhaps you need a lesson on what torque does and how it factors into horsepower...because you just ain't understanding...

These are bone stock 1/8 mile times...an 1/8th is 660 feet or 12.25 (half of .25 OR a quarter mile....you asked for a distance of .15 which is 792 feet...pull your pencil out and do the math.

So...an SS can do 660 feet in 8.608 seconds at 83.89....I took the #15 car....middle of pack. You have an ADDITIONAL 132 feet of acceleration (you said .15 correct?) A quarter mile is .25 an eighth is 12.25...you are .15....

Man...tthis just totally dumbed me down.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?

Last edited by Banshee; 06-30-2015 at 05:45 AM.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:29 AM   #6
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
Look at this....these are bone stock 1/8 mile times...

So...tell me again....how far off I am?

You asked if if was possible that a 1SS can do 7 to 80 mph in .15 mile.

I not only calculated that it is possible...it is VERY likely plus your 80 mph reference stipulates a 4 plus mph on the low end and an 18 mph on the top end.

Perhaps you need a lesson on what torque does and how it factors into horsepower...because you just ain't understanding...

These are bone stock 1/8 mile times...an 1/8th is 660 feet or .25....you asked for a distance of .15 which is 792 feet...pull your pencil out and do the math.

You are presenting me with a list of cars that lined up, launched on a prepped strip of straight asphalt for the purpose of seeing how fast they can go for 1/8 of a mile. My situation is vastly diffrent. I was coming out of a turn, the road was not straight and I also had a passenger along with a sixty pound audio system in the car. I am looking for practical trials and results to be able to prove a point, that is how a theory is proven...
Old 06-30-2015, 05:32 AM   #7
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

It takes more torque to counter parasitic and induced drag the faster a car goes. Just because a car travels "X" distance from a to b...

A car that has a top end of 210 mph has a 750 hp engine and gets awesome 0 to 60...0 to 100 quarter mile times...but takes 35 seconds to get to 212.

Point? You seem to think of speed multiplication whereas you think because you were only .15 of a mile that you couldn't have been going that fast....when in reality 80% of your speed through torque is accomplished 45 to 50% into a quarter mile. It's the last 1/3 mile that takes the longest due to drag and engine limitation.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:32 AM   #8
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
You are presenting me with a list of cars that lined up, launched on a prepped strip of straight asphalt for the purpose of seeing how fast they can go for 1/8 of a mile. My situation is vastly diffrent. I was coming out of a turn, the road was not straight and I also had a passenger along with a sixty pound audio system in the car. I am looking for practical trials and results to be able to prove a point, that is how a theory is proven...
so you were not going from a dead stop, but more "from a roll", then you can easily hit those speeds, no matter if your passenger was a hippo.
Old 06-30-2015, 05:33 AM   #9
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
I took into account all of this...you had a head start...you asked simply IS IT POSSIBLE? Even on the street...unprepped...no dragstrip...these cars turn those times. Wake up.

Even in a turn...I saw your pics and maps...that sweeping curve can be negotiated by anyone from 7 to 80...and be easily managed.

Freaking unreal...
Old 06-30-2015, 05:45 AM   #10
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
I took into account all of this...you had a head start...you asked simply IS IT POSSIBLE? Even on the street...unprepped...no dragstrip...these cars turn those times. Wake up.

Even in a turn...I saw your pics and maps...that sweeping curve can be negotiated by anyone from 7 to 80...and be easily managed.

Freaking unreal...
That curve is his pace route, the officer implies that i made a 90 degree turn and got up to 80 on a curve in a stick shift car. I asked is it possible thinking somebody actually looked at the other thread. I almost have an idea that you are a police officer yourself, thus why you keep making statements like "crap" "freaking unreal" or "wake up". Your general notion of trying to put somebody down does not help your argument. You believe that I turned left at an intersection on a road that is not prepped, in a car that was at least 4200 pounds with a stick shift and managed to reach 80 mph in .15 miles...
Old 06-30-2015, 05:46 AM   #11
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Funny stuff here! Yes, it's very possible OP. Don't know why you'd want to prove that in court though.

Suck it up. Pay up. Slow down.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 06-30-2015, 05:51 AM   #12
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
That curve is his pace route, the officer implies that i made a 90 degree turn and got up to 80 on a curve in a stick shift car. I asked is it possible thinking somebody actually looked at the other thread. I almost have an idea that you are a police officer yourself, thus why you keep making statements like "crap" "freaking unreal" or "wake up". Your general notion of trying to put somebody down does not help your argument. You believe that I turned left at an intersection on a road that is not prepped, in a car that was at least 4200 pounds with a stick shift and managed to reach 80 mph in .15 miles...
You asked in your first post....ONE THING....and it WAS ANSWERED by calculating the distances...mean averages and added a margin of error. What DON'T you get? You asked one question....now you're adding stuff into the equation.

How do you bake a cake Jeff? Well, you add gasoline to the car to get the groceries, but you gotta put oil in first, but before that, air in tires to get to the grocery store...then....

You asked a question...asked and answered...mathematically....I don't know how or what else you want. You want SOMEONE to say it isn't possible just to justify your belief system. You are over justifying that you were caught speeding.

Lemme ask....what did the officer cite you for?
Old 06-30-2015, 05:51 AM   #13
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Funny stuff here! Yes, it's very possible OP. Don't know why you'd want to prove that in court though.

because the only way for the cop's story to be true is if I floored it and reached 80 in a 65. BTW my record has one ticket for going 7 over. Why would I just out of nowhere decide to floor my car that much over the limit?
Old 06-30-2015, 05:57 AM   #14
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post

Genius doesn't get the fact that in stock trim...these cars are only 1 to 2 tenths of a second slower off the track than on track...then add 2/10 ths for his passenger and his 60# system...therefore..I added the +/-4%..

OP needs someone stupid enough to prove math wrong even with margins in place. He just needs SOMEONE to coddle his soul.

Closed Thread