Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #1
Matty1LE

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro 2$$
Touchscreen inoperative! Mylink system

Well of course the day started out normal as usual until Im leaving the house and notice the touchscreen will not work. The display is normal just touching the screen will not work anymore! ALL the side buttons, menu toggle works just fine along with radio and nav functions.

1 month 1300 miles dangit!

Did all the basics including calling OnStar but haven't used a scantool...

1- Pulled radio + amp fuse for one hour, touchscreen still inop

2- Did a hard radio reset through the options under the "Software tab"

3- Did a "Radio reset" that OnStar directed me to do, turn the deck off then turn the key off open the door wait 30secs close door wait 2-3min and then turn key on then deck on

Anyone have same issue? FML really don't want to make trip to dealer already
Matty1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:03 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty1LE View Post
Well of course the day started out normal as usual until Im leaving the house and notice the touchscreen will not work. The display is normal just touching the screen will not work anymore! ALL the side buttons, menu toggle works just fine along with radio and nav functions.

1 month 1300 miles dangit!

Did all the basics including calling OnStar but haven't used a scantool...

1- Pulled radio + amp fuse for one hour, touchscreen still inop

2- Did a hard radio reset through the options under the "Software tab"

3- Did a "Radio reset" that OnStar directed me to do, turn the deck off then turn the key off open the door wait 30secs close door wait 2-3min and then turn key on then deck on

Anyone have same issue? FML really don't want to make trip to dealer already
I realize how displeasing it can be when faced with an infotainment concern like this Matty1LE, and though you're seeking thoughts and opinions, I would be happy to communicate this situation with the designated Customer Experience Manager at your preferred dealer if you feel an official diagnosis is necessary. Feel free to message us privately if you'd like to proceed, or discuss this situation further.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
SN69SH

Drives: 2015 ZL1 [Tallulah2]
I have a 2015 ZL1 I just had built with the infotainment center and of course Onstar. I am having the Onstar unit replaced all out. They cannot connect to the car at all. With regards to the center mine seems to have some issues. Like just completely shutting down (twice). The girl in the box (nav) sounds ok for about 3 minutes then I am pretty sure she moves to a car four cars behind me. I can still see the turns on the HUD but have no real idea what she is saying.

All that said the only GM package element I had added to the car was the lighted footwells. I halfway wonder if they spliced into the wrong bundle. IDK. My plan is to wait until I get the Onstar unit completely replaced. I am told this is about a 5 day process as it involves the FCC. Then see what happens with the rest of the electronics.
Old 05-30-2015, 11:20 AM   #4
Blutob2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
I've had odd things happen to mine since I purchased it. Just yesterday the rear view camera stayed on for about 100 yds while driving forward. Sometime it takes several seconds for a push button or touch screen to respond. Once nothing especially the volume was responding and I had the radio cranked up to Pandora and then some crappy song like Taylor Swift came on and I couldn't turn it down or turn off the radio. My windows were down and I imagine I got some good laughs too! So anyways I have no solution other than wait it out and maybe it will wake up.
Blutob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:35 AM   #5
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Could be the radio or touch screen is faulty. It's new, take it in to the dealer.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 06:33 PM   #6
MostWanted

Drives: 2015 ZL1
I had some issues with mine as well. Go ahead and take it in.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406409
2015 Camaro ZL1 (#1090)

MostWanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:44 AM   #7
SpeedRacer350
3rd Gen Camaro Aficionado

Drives: '14 Camaro RS/SS Convertible
My screen stopped working this week. The car only has 5000 miles on it and lives a very sheltered, garaged life. I'm super bummed.

On a sidenote: it seems that the entire radio housing has slightly separated from the dash so there is a small crack big enough so that I could drop a credit card through. It used to be totally together. I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

And I'd rather slam my d!@# in the door than go to the dealer for anything.
'87 Camaro - 10 second drag car that runs 11s
SpeedRacer350 is offline   Reply With Quote