Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 01:00 PM   #15
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Does this guy work for GM? I mean he walks into a dealership gets a once over on a 2010 Equinox and then is entitled to information about the Camaro's ground effects? Seems sketchy to me. Who is this guy?
Where are you getting that he walked into a dealership and was given this information? The way I understand it is he attended a training for the 2010 Equinox and obtained the info there. Sounds like he is a mechanic for a Chevy dealership.
I know what you mean though. But then again, look at how many people believed in "the mole".
Old 07-08-2009, 01:07 PM   #16
bulldog

Drives: Acura
Quote:
Does this guy work for GM? I mean he walks into a dealership gets a once over on a 2010 Equinox and then is entitled to information about the Camaro's ground effects? Seems sketchy to me. Who is this guy?
"I just got back from the 2010 Equinox training"

Well the opening sentence in the thread does say that he was in training. I have never heard of a consumer (or casual shoppers) being "trained" on a vehicle. Salesmen and mechanics get trained on vehicles. I dont see anything that would suggest he isnt a GM employee. Whats with the bitter cynicism too? If the info is not correct, is it really gonna ruin your life?
Old 07-08-2009, 01:39 PM   #17
gtjacket
2G1FT1EW0A9118618

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black/IOM M6
Guys, Chevyrocker has posted info on the site since early April and he does work at a dealership. I believe he is a salesman and if you want to check out his post history, I think that will answer any of the questions you have about him. Thanks for the info Chevyrocker.
3400, Order broadcast 6/4
3800, Order produced 6/15
4000, Available to ship 6/16
4104, Bailment Invoice
4200, Shipped 6/19
6000, Delivered to the customer 6/25

2SS/RS BLK M6 GFX IOM interior
Old 07-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #18
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
"I just got back from the 2010 Equinox training"

Well the opening sentence in the thread does say that he was in training. I have never heard of a consumer (or casual shoppers) being "trained" on a vehicle. Salesmen and mechanics get trained on vehicles. I dont see anything that would suggest he isnt a GM employee. Whats with the bitter cynicism too? If the info is not correct, is it really gonna ruin your life?
Well no, not at all man, but I was given "training" on my Camaro by my sales representative and I don't work for GM, although for the next 5 years I do apparently paying off my car. "Training" and "Instruction" are relative terms. Just seemed a little strange that if he presents information like this, which I'm VERY grateful for because I'm desperately awaiting my ground effects, if he could explain a little bit of who he is, interpreting his information would be easier and give him much more credibility. Relax, I'm not personally attacking this guy. Believe me, please! Ever hear the lyrics, "Quit playing games with my heart?" That's what I feel like and the wait is unbearable. Though if it made the front page headlines here, I'm inclined to believe it is the truth, but I would like to know more about this guy. Does he have to explain himself? Not at all and life will continue on regardless. I ask because it would make me feel better. Nothing more. I swear I mean no offense. :(
Old 07-08-2009, 03:32 PM   #19
bulldog

Quote:
Well no, not at all man, but I was given "training" on my Camaro by my sales representative and I don't work for GM, although for the next 5 years I do apparently paying off my car. "Training" and "Instruction" are relative terms. Just seemed a little strange that if he presents information like this, which I'm VERY grateful for because I'm desperately awaiting my ground effects, if he could explain a little bit of who he is, interpreting his information would be easier and give him much more credibility. Relax, I'm not personally attacking this guy. Believe me, please! Ever hear the lyrics, "Quit playing games with my heart?" That's what I feel like and the wait is unbearable. Though if it made the front page headlines here, I'm inclined to believe it is the truth, but I would like to know more about this guy. Does he have to explain himself? Not at all and life will continue on regardless. I ask because it would make me feel better. Nothing more. I swear I mean no offense. :(

thats cool. I sold Toyotas for a year and my comment about traing was based on my experience. We called it a "walk around" where we showed the customers all the tricks of the car.

Although i havent put in an order yet, I understand waiting. I have a job offer for a law enforcement gig which I applied for in Nov 2006. Yeah...still waiting to get the call to start training...trust me, I know the pain of waiting for something. Hopefully, the waiting list will be short when I order my camaro (2SS Manual, IBM, CGM RALLY'S, RS, BLACK INTERIOR, SUNROOF, GROUND EFFECTS, VR ENGINE COVER)
Old 07-08-2009, 04:25 PM   #20
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
thats cool. I sold Toyotas for a year and my comment about traing was based on my experience. We called it a "walk around" where we showed the customers all the tricks of the car.

Although i havent put in an order yet, I understand waiting. I have a job offer for a law enforcement gig which I applied for in Nov 2006. Yeah...still waiting to get the call to start training...trust me, I know the pain of waiting for something. Hopefully, the waiting list will be short when I order my camaro (2SS Manual, IBM, CGM RALLY'S, RS, BLACK INTERIOR, SUNROOF, GROUND EFFECTS, VR ENGINE COVER)
When I tell you this car is everything and more. You better believe it! I just feel like my project is incomplete because the ground effects are missing. I want to do full body rally striping from the front ground effects lip all the way over the top of the car, over the spoiler, and down to the very bottom of the ground effects attached to the rear bumper. I've been talking about it for awhile now and I'm anxious to see how people will react to it. Do you guys thnk it would look stupid to have bumper to bumper striping like a Mustang or just stop the stripes after the rear spoiler?
Old 07-08-2009, 05:14 PM   #21
OldSchoolCamaro
Living the American Dream

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/2SS Rally Yellow

C5 Indiana Camaro Club

Central Indiana Camaro Club

Old 07-08-2009, 06:59 PM   #22
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
I wonder if they really redesigned the front lip like my dealer seems to think?
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:59 PM   #23
JWHEELER

Drives: 2000 gmc truck
Does anyone know about the chrome gas cap.have one on order but not word yet.it's been about three weeks.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:07 PM   #24
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtjacket View Post
Guys, Chevyrocker has posted info on the site since early April and he does work at a dealership. I believe he is a salesman and if you want to check out his post history, I think that will answer any of the questions you have about him. Thanks for the info Chevyrocker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
I wonder if they really redesigned the front lip like my dealer seems to think?

As stated in this Thread the dealers were installing them incorrectly, so of course your dealer wants to blame it on the design.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #25
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
why does it matter who he is..hes just trying to be helpful..not trying to piss you off or anything..but hes not asking for money or down payments for anything, so what if he is sketchy, his post was just to help people out..even if it was wrong what harm would it do..just be thankful that people are actually out there that want to help us camaro owners out..even if it was misinformed info they are still looking out for us..so lets forget about interrogating people for their info and start interrogating the info..thats just my thoughts though.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #26
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWHEELER View Post
Does anyone know about the chrome gas cap.have one on order but not word yet.it's been about three weeks.
dude thats way too long..id cancel my order and try other places.there are literally hundreds of different sites selling those..google them under google shopping tons of them show up many with availability info. i would really like to get some green halos for my 1lt..ordered some, then waited and waited and waited for two weeks.finally i sent an email. three days later i got an email saying that "i already told you that we dont have the correct size for your camro yet" which was a total lie, first time i had ever talked to him at all, then he said " ohh and we are out of green its on back order and may not be here for three more weeks". i was like damn for one you made me wait two and a half weeks for that, and you know i want them for a camaro which you dont even have you dont have green so why would i want to wait two weeks or even a month for something that will not even fit my car..LOL..i asked for my money back and they still have failed to reply been five days..DO NOT SHOP AT LITE-EYES.com for you camaro. or imo anything.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:42 PM   #27
bulldog

Quote:
When I tell you this car is everything and more. You better believe it! I just feel like my project is incomplete because the ground effects are missing. I want to do full body rally striping from the front ground effects lip all the way over the top of the car, over the spoiler, and down to the very bottom of the ground effects attached to the rear bumper. I've been talking about it for awhile now and I'm anxious to see how people will react to it. Do you guys thnk it would look stupid to have bumper to bumper striping like a Mustang or just stop the stripes after the rear spoiler?
I actually like the Rally's how they are. for some reason the stripes from top to bottom dont work for me. Dont know why, but go with what works best for you. everyone has their own taste.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:19 PM   #28
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Does the fact that your striping is vinyl bother you? I saw a lot of Camaros on the dealer's lot that had bubbles in the striping. Thanks for your honest opinions man! I don't know of anybody here that has done full body striping with the exception of this guy who did it to the front of his car, but stopped after the spoiler.
Attached Images

Closed Thread