Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-26-2017, 11:05 PM   #1
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6+17'Tesla Model S
Okay so I may have a big problem. Someone elaborate...

Long story short I got a ZL1 cradle off of a wrecked car, got it in the car today, and the alignment is absolutely awful. I can barely see it, but I have a positive Toe on my passenger side rear wheel. I assume this is either a result of the donor car being wrecked, or .... well I think that’s the cause to be honest. I’m no expert but I also may be jumping to conclusions.

The cradle looked fine? All the points and geometry seemed to be correct? But yes the Toe is extremely off... is there a way to adjust the Toe of the rear wheels? I know BMR has some rear Toe rods... but I’d REALLY like to finish off this project without getting deeper into the cost.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:55 AM   #2
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
The toe can be adjusted with the factory toe rods (inner bolt hole, at the subframe, has an elongated hole).
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 11:15 AM   #3
BMR Tech

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I would start by checking everything over again, and make sure everything measures square(ie.. no bent toe rod or mount points). Let me know if I can help.

Frank Steadman
BMR Sales Tech
813-986-9302
frank@bmrsuspension.com
BMR Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Okay so I may have a big problem. Someone elaborate...

Well guys I’m going to check into the alignment Friday, but before I head into it, figure I’d ask this...

Also after we did the swap, my Stabilitrak and TCS lights are lighting up whenever I go over approx. 20mph. I wouldn’t think there would be anything causing the issue other than the sensor on each side that (I assume) is the speed sensor. I reused my factory harness as well? So I’m not sure why I’m having that problem.. any thoughts?
Old 09-28-2017, 08:31 AM   #5
KillboyPowerhead

Drives: 2015 Z/22
What size wheels/tires on the front and rear?
Overkill/Self Tuned; Mace Camshafts; K&N Typhoon Cold Air Intake; Ported 80mm Throttle Body/Intake Manifolds/Manifold Spacer; Solo Performance High-Flow Cats, Cat-back Exhaust; Vitesse Motorsports Throttle Controller; Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can; BC Racing BR Coilovers; JPSS Delrin Radius Rod Bushing Inserts, Sway Bars; Pegasus Aluminum Rear Cradle Bushings, Camber/Caster Plates; Z/28 Toe Links, Trailing Arms, Upper Control Arm Bushings, Rear Shock Mounts
KillboyPowerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 12:58 PM   #6
Explit Player
IG @Brian_ _Self

Just as a follow up for anyone with the Stabilitrak issue in the future, it was the result of not being aligned and the added friction resistance on one side.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:07 PM   #7
ZL1 FOR ME
Formerly RJT2SSRS

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Explit Player Thanks for the update.
ZL1 FOR ME is offline   Reply With Quote