Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 11:49 AM   #113
NYCamOwner
"Katy"

Drives: 2014 2LT A6 'Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkinmfing View Post
Some of you may have read my pull over thread. I need your help...Is it possible for a stock 1SS Camaro to go from 7 to 80MPH in 0.15 miles. I know they average in the low 100s in the quarter mile but that is longer than 0.15 miles. If so, any official way to prove it?
¿sᴉ ʇuᴉod ɹnoʎ pu∀

Possible next mods:
Throttle Body
Exhaust

Upstate C5 Member

No, that is not me in the avatar..... I just love hot girls and hot cars.... or hot girls IN hot cars....
Old 07-02-2015, 12:57 PM   #114
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Drives: 2014 SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
OP, are you still a teenager?

Because when you grow up you'll learn to take your hits like a man.

Gotta pay to play. If you can't pay, STFU and go away.

I hope a prius tbones you so you can make a new thread and ask if its totalled.
Talking about being a grown up yet you wish for somebody to get tboned, you are as dumb as a brick.
Old 07-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #115
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
This post by the OP from just the other day, 6/28/15. I saw what slingshot had posted before and found it a bit odd, but now I know why he posted it.

This apparently takes place AFTER he comes crying about a speeding ticket. OP, you're probably just getting your due karma from all the other non-adult acts you've pulled on the streets.
I have the freedom to do that, she flipped me off and I downshifted. Stop crying about it
Old 07-02-2015, 01:01 PM   #116
ǝɔᴉlod
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
OP, are you still a teenager?

Because when you grow up you'll learn to take your hits like a man.

Gotta pay to play. If you can't pay, STFU and go away.

I hope a prius tbones you so you can make a new thread and ask if its totalled.
BTW i can make all the threads I want. When I get banned, I will make a new account and do the same shit. You don't have to click on them...
Old 07-02-2015, 01:06 PM   #117
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Quote:
Originally Posted by ǝɔᴉlod View Post
BTW i can make all the threads I want. When I get banned, I will make a new account and do the same shit. You don't have to click on them...
You'll get re banned for sneaking back with a new account, too.

You're on the losing end of this. Just lawyer up and have your day in court. Don't get fluffed up and for your own sake don't try and grandstand in court and call the cop "corrupt". I have seen a $400 ticket turn into a $3,500 mess by the defendant being a complete ass in court and the judge made an example of him.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:26 PM   #118
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Longest bitch fest ever . Congrats
Old 07-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #119
VTSummit
Consistently inconsistent

Drives: 2015 2LT Summit White
I'm sure it's not over yet- the OP hasn't learned anything.
Old 07-02-2015, 02:19 PM   #120
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Longest bitch fest ever . Congrats
Just getting a little practice in before the 4 banger crowd joins us!
Old 07-02-2015, 03:39 PM   #121
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
He might have to sell the Camaro because the cop didn't wave at him
Old 07-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #122
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred 6528 View Post
He might have to sell the Camaro because the cop didn't wave at him
At least those corvette guys wave! I'M OUTTA HERE! hahaha i remember that

2010 SS M6 | 416 CI | H/C/I | GPI TUNED | SNSSTR
Old 07-02-2015, 04:09 PM   #123
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by ǝɔᴉlod View Post
I have the freedom to do that, she flipped me off and I downshifted. Stop crying about it
I'm not crying. Recall who got the ticket.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
Old 07-02-2015, 09:25 PM   #124
MostWanted

Drives: 2015 ZL1
OP...I think you may be trying to prove your innocence using the wrong argument. First of all...let's assume that everyone that has posted in this thread is correct about your SS being able to travel from 7 to >80 mph in 0.15 miles. OK...now it is time to find another part of the incident that COULD make the judge question your guilt. Maybe you should focus on if the officer could actually pace you from where he was. Did he come up on you quickly and therefore travel faster than you to have to catch you? How far did he "pace" you? Is his speedometer calibrated? If so...when was the last verified calibration? Was it at night? Could he clearly see his gauges while keeping a safe distance from you? COULD he have been accelerating while looking at his speedometer but have to slow down when he got closer to you?

I suppose I sympathize with your situation because I got pulled over for being "paced" at 140 mph in my 2007 Z06. I was actually trying to get who I thought was some idiot trying to antagonize me by tailgating me off my rear bumper cover. We both came to a stop sign where I turned right and he did so as well...AFTER I was about an 1/8 of a mile up the road. Turned out to be an idiot cop who actually turned me around to put handcuffs on me because I told him that HE may have been going 140 mph but I never did (I knew I had only reached 84 mph-yes speeding...but not 85 over!). He decided not to when his partner shook his head "no" when we both looked back at him when he called his name. It took all I could not to laugh in that officer's face. He actually told me it had been a long time since he had been 140 mph (in a K9 Tahoe PPV). He would have had to max that needle out on that loaded down PPV to do that. Tested top speeds on the Tahoe PPV were 139 mph...with no load. Needless to say...that ticket never saw the courtroom. Anyway...my point is...look for another angle. I guarantee there is another one there if you think about it.

Edit: Just read your original post. If you successfully beat the speeding charge...he would have not had probable cause to cite you for the tint, plate, and exhaust. Unless of course they don't need probable cause to pull you over for those violations in your state. Most likely though...him pulling you over for speeding was probably a good excuse to cite you for the other stuff. Your best bet however, would be to show proof that you fixed the tint, exhaust and plate and the speeding would be thrown out.
2015 Camaro ZL1 (#1090)

Last edited by MostWanted; 07-02-2015 at 10:32 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:38 AM   #125
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Nobody likes paying a ticket. To beat a ticket you must have some reasonable way to reasonably show the ticket was in error.

OP have you ever been 'to court" to fight a ticket in your county or State before? Around here they take people in 50 or so at a time. You have about ten minutes to describe what happened. The Magistrate makes up his mind in that ten minutes. Short and sweet. there's no debates back and forth, the magistrate asks the cop (or the PD rep) what happened and then your version. He might ask a few questions to clarify. And then he'll ask if you have any mitigating information.

What he won't do is believe you when you say that your car cannot make X mph in Y number of miles. He doesn't know your car, and he doesn't care. Was it reasonable that the cop came to his decision. That's what he'll care about. It's trained observation backed up by years of operational experience both by the PD and the court magistrate listening to these cases vs. your reasonable explanation. Splitting frog-hairs on something they can't verifiably look at then and there will not get you out of it around here at least.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:20 AM   #126
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
No text needed if u know the movie!
Attached Images

Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com

Closed Thread