Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-17-2019, 02:13 PM   #1
Krombopulos Michael

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS V6
Removing Rear Calipers- Black ebrake box

Hello all, I’m trying to remove my rear calipers on a 2018 RS and I noticed a black box attached to both rear calipers. Turns out to be the electric handbrake modules. I want to remove them from the calipers so I can paint them. As long as I don’t unplug the cables, will I be good? I heard that some cars will relearn the air gap and some won’t. I don’t want to bring up fault codes or permanently damage my brakes. Also I feel like the only RS owner on the planet without brembo brakes. Can’t find any tutorials at all. Thanks in advance for any responses.
Attached Images

Krombopulos Michael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:01 PM   #2
HyperBlue16

Drives: 2016 Camaro RS
I haven't removed the module from the calipers, but i have unplugged mine to look over the wiring, both at the calipers & the harness in the left rear corner, but car as not powered up at the time and re-plugged & had no issues.
But that was just my experience as i was looking into a SS brembo conversion to a RS.
HyperBlue16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:05 PM   #3
Start The Machine

Drives: 2016 M6 2.0T
There is no rear brake upgrade for the 2.0T and V6 models because of that electronic e brake.
RS Package, HD Cooling Package, Brembo 6 Piston Front Brakes, SRP Racing Pedals, Soler Performance Throttle Controller, Dyno Tuned by Trifecta, Velossa Tech Ram Air, Mishimoto Intake, aFe Air Filter, Mishimoto Charge Pipes, ZZP 67mm Throttle Body, Trifecta T40 Stage 2 Turbo, JacFab Recirculation Valve, PTP Turbo Blanket, ZZP Catted Downpipe, Mishimoto Pro Cat-Back Quad Tip Exhaust, Mishimoto Catch Cans, Mishimoto Coolant Reservoir Tank, GM SEMA Grill, Ikon Motorsports Front Fascia Extension, Ikon Motorsports 1LE Spoiler, American Authority ZL1 Side Skirts, AMPP Quad Tip Rear Valance
Start The Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 02:36 PM   #4
oOKhanhOo

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I remember reading thread on here. Someone attempted but it wasn't possible due to the E-Brake and wiring related.
oOKhanhOo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, ebrake, handbrake