Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 10-20-2022, 01:47 PM   #29
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
This is all good dialog information, we need to be aware of. Let's just talk a daily driver , our 2022 Blazer LS , front wheel drive, it's a road transportation vehicle, if the engine light comes on likely the problem is covered. Hard / spirited driving will never happen , so likely abuse will not be a factor not to warrant the repair. Now my ZL1 is a fun spirited driving Car , not a track car( I won't rule out a track day with the Camaro Club) but there is a difference between the two vehicles in this post . If a half shaft fails or the torque tube on track day or spirited driving thru the canyon's and the Dealership contends abuse, I'll try to plead my case, but if they refuse,I suppose it's on my buck. Now a water pump , alternator, electronic steering, or engine component fails, (with no evidence of low oil level) I can't see that would consider being abuse
Warranty on a Performance Car, most likely has a gray area up to the Chevrolet or GM Dealership the owner frequents. I'm a retired Technical Engineer and analize every angle of a situation.
Happy Motoring
Old 10-20-2022, 02:00 PM   #30
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiDave View Post
I am just sharing official information, but somehow you think I have "enthusiasm to prove us (who is us?) wrong"

Maybe you want to call up Hagerty and argue with them and the GM rep.

Or maybe my HemiDave handle has you assuming I am not part of your "us" lol.
You're not part of my us. The us is the rest of the forum and the others that have shared their own information on this, in this thread.

You are very adamant on proving us....scratch that, me wrong while I'm just letting you know the stories of good and bad experiences out there.

But I see you believe Hagerty is a better source that what I posted about Al O was quoted saying.

Your username has nothing to do with your reply's other than you are expecting to not get your car covered under warranty if you ever take your car to the track.

Just let this die and you do what you want but don't try to feed information to people who have had stuff covered under warranty while on the track. It's like I've been preaching, it's all about the dealer you go to. Some will work with you but most only want to get out of warranty work to charge the customer way, way more than what they'll get from manufacturer.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:12 PM   #31
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
You're not part of my us. The us is the rest of the forum and the others that have shared their own information on this, in this thread.

You are very adamant on proving us....scratch that, me wrong while I'm just letting you know the stories of good and bad experiences out there.

But I see you believe Hagerty is a better source that what I posted about Al O was quoted saying.

Your username has nothing to do with your reply's other than you are expecting to not get your car covered under warranty if you ever take your car to the track.

Just let this die and you do what you want but don't try to feed information to people who have had stuff covered under warranty while on the track. It's like I've been preaching, it's all about the dealer you go to. Some will work with you but most only want to get out of warranty work to charge the customer way, way more than what they'll get from manufacturer.
Hagarty stated the GM rep said "there is track coverage" for certain Camaros.
So doesn't that actually confirm what Al O said?

And I never stated I was expecting to not get covered for track use..
Go ahead and try to find where I said that.

Seems you are upset that I did my own research on it, but thats because I was trying to find it in the written warranty, which anyone with common sense would do.

I mean, I would like a better answer for a clueless GM service worker than "Check out this Al O interview" or pointing to your Camaro 6 posts on the matter.

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R

Last edited by HemiDave; 10-20-2022 at 04:32 PM.
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:27 PM   #32
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I still wouldn't tell them...no need to.
Quote:
I would want to see the specific language on track use in the written warranty.

I also still say there is no need to tell them this happened on track, just say the check engine light came on. (Thats not a lie)
Quote:
Hagarty stated the GM rep said "there is track coverage" for certain Camaros.
So doesn't that actually confirm what Al O said?

And I never stated I was expecting to not get covered for track use..
Go ahead and try to find where I said that.

Seems you are upset that I did my own research on it, but thats because I was trying to find it in written in the warranty, which anyone with common sense would do.

I mean, I would like a better answer for a clueless GM service worker than "Check out this Al O interview" or pointing to your Camaro 6 posts on the matter.
Not upset you did you're own research, to a point. You're only going after the bad and not looking at the good. That's like saying all ZL1s are prone to having oil pump issues when it's only a certain year range.

So you admitting you wouldn't tell a dealer that this happened on track isn't your way of saying that you won't think it'll be covered under warranty?
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:34 PM   #33
HemiDave

Drives: ZLE/DEMON/GLADIATOR/GSXR1000R/ZX10R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post

So you admitting you wouldn't tell a dealer that this happened on track isn't your way of saying that you won't think it'll be covered under warranty?
I wouldn't tell them unless asked, and thats because "why should I offer that up to a potential clueless dealership."...and since track use is covered under warranty for my ZLE, as per Al O, is even more reason it should not matter if I dont tell them I was on track. (Unless asked)

Now if I got towed in from the track thats an entirely different story

2018 Dodge Demon #1399
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 6 speed manual
2023 ZL1 1LE 6 speed manual
2018 Suzuki GSXR 1000R
2021 Kawasaki ZX10R
HemiDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:14 PM   #34
sanz521

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Didn’t want to have to bring this thread back to life but here I am. Dealer replaced knock sensors. Got me some new tires and alignment and went to the track today, figured all good. 4 laps in light comes on again, same as before. Stuttering at high rpm’s not sure if ecu cutting power or missing shifts. Either way I feel defeated. Dropped the car off at the dealer right away and told them to run every test they can so next time im on track there’s zero chance of getting the light on again.

Anyone know what the hell it could be?
sanz521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 03:12 PM   #35
JTS

Drives: 2023 ZL1 A10
It's your thread, and good information you are communicating, sorry your still having issues, or maybe another code , bottom line that's what this forum is for , to share good times and hiccups .Keep up posted on your Car. Thanks again.
Old 11-25-2022, 08:21 PM   #36
Stephen12ZL1

Drives: '21 ZLE A10
could be an air pocket in the intercooler circuit causing power loss due to high MAT/IAT3 temps. When the ECU sees temps above a threshold temp it will abruptly cut power.
'21 ZLE A10 Wild Cherry PDR 2:00.78 VIR Full 10.68@131.69 1.68 60'
'17 ZL1 A10 Mosaic Black PDR/Nav 2:03.08 VIR Full 11.003@129.2 1.75 (sold)
'15 Z/28 #325 Black a/c & stereo. 2:10.1 VIR Full (sold)
'12 ZL1 A6 Black 10.52@131 1.55 60' 2:13 VIR Full (sold)
Stephen12ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 08:55 PM   #37
sanz521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
could be an air pocket in the intercooler circuit causing power loss due to high MAT/IAT3 temps. When the ECU sees temps above a threshold temp it will abruptly cut power.
Pardon my ignorance. I believe the Intercooler loop is connected to the main cooling loop correct? I ask because my problems began after a track session where some freak shit happened and a coolant drain hose broke. Dealer fixed it all and refilled coolant, but them not finding a bubble in there wouldn’t be the wildest thing. See pic
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2022, 09:50 PM   #38
Stephen12ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanz521 View Post
Pardon my ignorance. I believe the Intercooler loop is connected to the main cooling loop correct? I ask because my problems began after a track session where some freak shit happened and a coolant drain hose broke. Dealer fixed it all and refilled coolant, but them not finding a bubble in there wouldn’t be the wildest thing. See pic
the two circuits are separate and not connected but be wary any moment a car enters a dealer service bay unless you have a trusted mechanic there
Old 11-25-2022, 09:54 PM   #39
Stephen12ZL1

Quote:
that pic is the main cooling circuit thermostat housing on the water pump for engine cooling only...the intercooler circuit cooling inlet is separate on the top/supercharger driver's side where the black plastic bleeder and brass bleeder are visible.
Old 11-26-2022, 07:59 AM   #40
sanz521

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen12ZL1 View Post
that pic is the main cooling circuit thermostat housing on the water pump for engine cooling only...the intercooler circuit cooling inlet is separate on the top/supercharger driver's side where the black plastic bleeder and brass bleeder are visible.
Ah thanks. Was hoping they were connected as it would be a more concrete answer based on history.

I’m gonna wait to see what the techs say, will advise.
Old 11-26-2022, 09:37 AM   #41
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
What is that bottom hose connected to? Looks like it's supposed to go to what looks like a broken off plastic nipple/port above? Also looks like you're in desperate need of a new belt.

edit: I just checked my car and that hose DEFINITELY connects to that broken off nipple. It goes up to the expansion tank. You've probably got a bunch of air pockets in the cooling system and it's over-heating in spikes and telling the ECU to cut power.
AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 02:19 PM   #42
sanz521

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1LE View Post
What is that bottom hose connected to? Looks like it's supposed to go to what looks like a broken off plastic nipple/port above? Also looks like you're in desperate need of a new belt.

edit: I just checked my car and that hose DEFINITELY connects to that broken off nipple. It goes up to the expansion tank. You've probably got a bunch of air pockets in the cooling system and it's over-heating in spikes and telling the ECU to cut power.
Haven’t had any temp spikes while running it on track, but this makes a lot of sense. Gonna tell the dealer to do a flush on the coolant.