Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-29-2022, 08:09 AM   #1
BeauRichardson

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Having hard time doing burnout

Anyone able to point me in the right direction for a cammed lt1 that won’t burnout? Brake torque limits have been adjusted, accel threshold has been adjusted, tried with traction control, without traction control, pulled abs fuses, nothing seems to make this car wanna do a burnout

It either bogs down and sits still like i’m in permanent launch control, and it pushes right through my brakes
BeauRichardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:13 AM   #2
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
happened to me, i gave up on it lol. i'm sure being boosted now i can probably force the car to do it but honestly i'd rather go the line lock route and just be good to go from there.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 08:32 AM   #3
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP3BOOSTED View Post
happened to me, i gave up on it lol. i'm sure being boosted now i can probably force the car to do it but honestly i'd rather go the line lock route and just be good to go from there.
oh trust me i’m boosted and it doesn’t make any difference
Old 09-29-2022, 08:36 AM   #4
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauRichardson View Post
oh trust me i’m boosted and it doesn’t make any difference
ah yeah i forgot, yeah i'm sure it can be tuned out, but yeah go line lock thats what i'd prefer at least.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
Old 09-29-2022, 08:37 AM   #5
BeauRichardson

Quote:
ah yeah i forgot, yeah i'm sure it can be tuned out, but yeah go line lock thats what i'd prefer at least.
are you using the line lock that comes with the car or are you using an aftermarket line lock? reason i ask is with the oem line lock i can’t roll out of my burnout
Old 09-29-2022, 08:42 AM   #6
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauRichardson View Post
are you using the line lock that comes with the car or are you using an aftermarket line lock? reason i ask is with the oem line lock i can’t roll out of my burnout
no i thought only ZL1's come with that, I haven't gotten the line lock yet, been lazy and keeppushing it off but yeah its about $200 and its the SJM kit.

Old 09-29-2022, 10:10 AM   #7
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Probably in the tune. Low timing in the lower areas of the spark table will make it difficult to get the tires spinning until the engine gets up higher in the rpm and into boost. I have seen this before. You need to run NA timing up till you get into a couple psi of boost because Centri stuff makes no boost down low.

Key variables:

-Low timing(you have 6-8 degrees of timing missing in areas out of boost)
-large centri that doesn't make boost till 4k rpm +
-larger cam that gives up low end torque and dynamic compression

Here is a screen shot showing the timing difference between the tune file you asked me to look over in July vs a NA SS.

To understand the timing map, draw a diagonal line from top left corner(idle area), to bottom left(redline under boost). 1.0 spark airmass is about the transition point from vacuum to boost. As you can see you are missing quite a bit of timing that will make the car much more responsive out of boost.
Attached Images

Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:13 AM   #8
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Hold TC button down for 8 seconds until you see ESC off on the dash. Rip massive burnout and smile while choking on smoke.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 10:39 AM   #9
MP3BOOSTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
Hold TC button down for 8 seconds until you see ESC off on the dash. Rip massive burnout and smile while choking on smoke.
i'm sure the OP is doing the same but i did that with no luck, we are talking about a brake stand burnout where we sit there not a rolling burnout. with that shoot i can throw my car into 2nd or third gear and put down marks for a good minute but sitting there doesn't cut it, now the post above yours seems quite interesting and makes a ton of sense it being in the tune however, i have changed tuners since i last tried doing a burnout soo i may be good. with the power i'm pushing though i have a feeling something will break and i told myself if something breaks i'm going all out and changing everything. I hardly drive the car but needing to work on or replace something will put me back in garage mode where i work to build it out better and start changing things around.

Old 09-29-2022, 11:54 AM   #10
rcoe

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
10 speed car?

Try starting in 2nd gear.
American Racing headers - Borla S-type
rcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2022, 01:06 PM   #11
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Probably in the tune. Low timing in the lower areas of the spark table will make it difficult to get the tires spinning until the engine gets up higher in the rpm and into boost. I have seen this before. You need to run NA timing up till you get into a couple psi of boost because Centri stuff makes no boost down low.

Key variables:

-Low timing(you have 6-8 degrees of timing missing in areas out of boost)
-large centri that doesn't make boost till 4k rpm +
-larger cam that gives up low end torque and dynamic compression

Here is a screen shot showing the timing difference between the tune file you asked me to look over in July vs a NA SS.

To understand the timing map, draw a diagonal line from top left corner(idle area), to bottom left(redline under boost). 1.0 spark airmass is about the transition point from vacuum to boost. As you can see you are missing quite a bit of timing that will make the car much more responsive out of boost.
i get what you’re saying. when i get home i’ll hop on and see what changes i can make. the tune that you have is old, but if you’d like when i’m home i’ll send the new one over
Old 09-29-2022, 01:08 PM   #12
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATINSTEEL1LE View Post
i’ve tried that with no luck at all unfortunately. definitely thinking it’s tune related due to what KingLT1 said
Old 09-29-2022, 01:10 PM   #13
BeauRichardson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcoe View Post
10 speed car?

Try starting in 2nd gear.
yes 10 speed, but it won’t let me try second gear. if at a stand still it will only let me be in first
Old 09-29-2022, 01:14 PM   #14
BeauRichardson

Quote:
no i thought only ZL1's come with that, I haven't gotten the line lock yet, been lazy and keeppushing it off but yeah its about $200 and its the SJM kit.
that’s actually the kit i was looking at this morning

Tags
burnout, cammed, help me, issue, tuning advice