Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-02-2022, 04:27 PM   #1
WiggyB

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Discussion for opinions.............................

So.................. I've already made my decision to stay with the stock block and go with bolt ons for my project. With that said I have been questioning if I would have come out better going internal with a cam.

So I'm down to the final change with my build and that's going with the LT4 high side fueling and throwing in an E85 kit. I know for what I'm looking for this will meet my needs since I don't race the car or anything like that. I'm just doing this because I have always done oldskool builds and this new power is very interesting to me.

That's where the oldskool comes back to me though. Should I have done a cam though instead of the E85 kit? Cost wise e85 all day especially with the fuel costs but man................. back in the day if you wanted more power that's what you did. I mean you can do that now but I'm not looking to go internal to the engine at all. These new cars allow you to do a lot and not have to crack the block open if you do it the right way. I'm really learning a lot along the way and enjoying every minute of it though.
Old 12-02-2022, 04:32 PM   #2
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
Not sure i understand your question... why can't you do the cam & E85? They offer no conflict. I started with E85 (JRE's 125 package) and drove for a while before pulling the motor for H/C + Ported Blower... LOVE a cam in these cars. No replacement for a lumpy idle IMO
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 05:27 PM   #3
red6.2

Drives: 2010 camaro
wiggy, were in the 20's now! cams kits cost too much for labor and parts. i get what your saying but simplicity is better nowadays. but you do, i would cam if i had the extra money , but i rather keep it and drive it like the dukes of hazard before i heads and cam a new lt engine. your mods are cool by the way! but regardless old school sbc, sound best than cammed lt's.
red6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 06:56 PM   #4
WiggyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
Not sure i understand your question... why can't you do the cam & E85? They offer no conflict. I started with E85 (JRE's 125 package) and drove for a while before pulling the motor for H/C + Ported Blower... LOVE a cam in these cars. No replacement for a lumpy idle IMO
Just a choice of mines to do bolt ons and not go internal.
Old 12-02-2022, 06:58 PM   #5
WiggyB

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6.2 View Post
wiggy, were in the 20's now! cams kits cost too much for labor and parts. i get what your saying but simplicity is better nowadays. but you do, i would cam if i had the extra money , but i rather keep it and drive it like the dukes of hazard before i heads and cam a new lt engine. your mods are cool by the way! but regardless old school sbc, sound best than cammed lt's.
I can honestly agree with you there. I know a few guys that have cammed their car even Vettes and they all sound the same to me.