Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 11-10-2022, 11:47 AM   #113
khcoaching

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
I'm surprised the lap times were so far off, given the cool conditions......

Greg's car was more planted simply because - his car placement was better. Your car and the SS moved around because your turn ins are way too late. Cool that you tried them!

Ken
Old 11-10-2022, 12:34 PM   #114
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by khcoaching View Post
I'm surprised the lap times were so far off, given the cool conditions......

Greg's car was more planted simply because - his car placement was better. Your car and the SS moved around because your turn ins are way too late. Cool that you tried them!

Ken
Our tires were shagged. ..... and we were scrubbing off more speed. So I guess in this case 1 + 1 = 18 hahahahahahaha. My steering angles were much higher with the corded fronts. I’ll dig up some data for comparison.

Greg can drive his ass off. It amazes me that I ever lapped 2 seconds quicker.

Last edited by NG329; 11-10-2022 at 12:59 PM.
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:58 PM   #115
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Very cool comparo guys, well done!
5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 06:04 PM   #116
NG329

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechanicalEng View Post
It was a fantastic session, it definitely proves that a 100% stock SS1LE is the car to have. Best $/Lap time value ever!

Man, I can't be mad at that bro.

For 90% of street guys who do the occasional track day, I think you're probably right.

For the last 10% hardcore Track guys who have the extra coin, I think the ZL1-1LE is the ticket.

So I guess that pretty much settles it then.

With similar skillsets, buy an SS and give away 1 maybe 2 seconds per lap at most to a ZL1-1LE at the faster end end of Advanced Groups. Everything else at all other levels comes down to the driver.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:07 PM   #117
NG329

Quote:
Awesome....interested to see how the Hankooks do....

My guess....27.9.
In all honesty, fairness, and transparency, I didn't really do the Hankooks justice on the first day with them when they would have had peak grip.

It was 45*F on that day and it took just under 7 minutes to get warm. There was quite a bit of traffic in the groups and it was hard for me to get into a rhythm. These tires are definitely fast though. They truly did come up to temp and I will be running them all season next year.

They definitely grip till they cord, and the consistency never really fell off. A 27.9 as you called it is definitely possible with this. LapMeta has a lap of 1:24 with F200s so they can definitely run the times.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:45 PM   #118
khcoaching

Drives: 2021 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
In all honesty, fairness, and transparency, I didn't really do the Hankooks justice on the first day with them when they would have had peak grip.

It was 45*F on that day and it took just under 7 minutes to get warm. There was quite a bit of traffic in the groups and it was hard for me to get into a rhythm. These tires are definitely fast though. They truly did come up to temp and I will be running them all season next year.

They definitely grip till they cord, and the consistency never really fell off. A 27.9 as you called it is definitely possible with this. LapMeta has a lap of 1:24 with F200s so they can definitely run the times.
What pressures did you run cold and hot?
Old 11-10-2022, 06:55 PM   #119
NG329

Quote:
What pressures did you run cold and hot?
On the first day I ran 22psi cold all around. They would creep up to 28psi hot.

On the 2nd day I ran 22psi cold front and 20psi cold rear. This seemed to work great in spite of the wear at this point.

The rears look like they could go another day while the fronts have had it. I'll take some pics and post them up tomorrow.
Old 02-26-2023, 05:42 PM   #120
lowandslow88

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zl1+911 View Post
Hi there, i am looking for a track ready 1le, still need it to be street legal though. I have a zl1 1le A10 for a possible trade. Thanks
Name:  racecar.png
Views: 251
Size:  331.9 KB
lowandslow88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 05:50 PM   #121
internationlriders

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
So I run my SS 1LE on local tracks here, and have been against some ZLEs. The ZLE is always faster except on a small autocross where the power doesn't matter. On corners, running the same tires, I can match the speed of any ZLE I've been up against. However, these are still smaller tracks, less than 2 miles or 2.5 kilometers. On a track like VIR I know I would have zero chance, and if I'm running stock G3 tires and the ZLE is running S3 tires, I also won't have a chance. But on same tires, on a bit smaller track, the ZLE guys were surprised they were not faster than me - on corners. Now they also needed to fill up their fuel tanks after three sessions, I had 1/8th tank left after 4 sessions. There are still moments when I do consider switching up to the ZLE, but I plan to hand my car down to one of my kids, love the magride for the occasional weekend drive, and can't beat the cost of consumables for this thing. Easy peasy.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want."
internationlriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2023, 06:55 PM   #122
MPowered

Drives: cam of course
I think we can all agree that no production car will dominate at every aspects of racing. Lighter and more nimble cars are better for smaller tracks with tighter turns, and bigger tracks need big power. It amuses me when I see the Nurburgring time for performance SUVs compared to hot hatches. You can make up a lot of time with massive power, and that can skew overall handling perception because of the track time. I have a ZLE and will concede that the SS 1Le is a better handler at lower speed, but the ZLE obviously the better overall handler. Only if I'm willing to spend the money to trim off about 200 lbs.
MPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 06:23 AM   #123
pbsinternet1le

Drives: 2017 1le current /2015 2ss 1le sold
If you are still looking I have what you are interested in. SS1LE with stage 3 package and xtras..