Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 10-28-2022, 12:38 PM   #15
tlr3715

Drives: 2002 Z28, 2023 1LT RS Redline
Have no problem with blind spots in mine. If mirrors are configured properly you can see everything behind you without having to turn your head. But you have to be willing to set up your mirrors for a 180 degree behind view and sacrifice parallel parking view space. I rarely have to parallel park so mine are always set for a good highway view.

To set them up, drive on the highway in the middle lane. As cars pass on either side make sure as their front headlight disappears from the rear view it gets picked up by the side view. When they leave the side view you should then be able to notice them in your peripheral view. Thats how to confirm they are set correctly. Saved me countless times, and the overall awareness of what is going on around me is fantastic.
tlr3715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 12:58 PM   #16
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
There's no option for a 3 speed manual on the column, but I may be stretching for an issue.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:00 PM   #17
SteveV

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro 6M Red Hot
Well... Mine keeps eating rear tires...

:-)
Old 10-28-2022, 01:06 PM   #18
grgus73

Drives: 2024 Silverado 2500, 2018 Trax
In for all around cameras like my wife’s Lexus. Makes it easier when driving or parking in the city.
More console storage would have been nice too.
grgus73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:10 PM   #19
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Biggest complaints I have about my Camaro:

I'm too fat and can't break the 12 sec barrier
AND
Its not @arpad_m or @Joshintaor's Camaros
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:29 PM   #20
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-boxing champ View Post
The Camaro is a near perfect car to me but the blind spots are terrible. I know this can be fixed with blind spot monitors but you would think the engineers would have made it more visible for drivers to see out of our cars. It's very dangerous to say the least. Changing lanes is a hassle.
Old 10-28-2022, 01:44 PM   #21
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callaway SC630 View Post
You could get a Dodge or Jeep.
Stop! We already have been thru that. lol
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:45 PM   #22
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Personally,

I disagree with...

P.S. I think I've been trolled...

ing for excuses
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:50 PM   #23
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFS197 View Post
While I agree and I know that people say that this is the correct way of adjusting your mirrors, I'll never have them set that way. I learned to drive with having just a bit of the side of my car in my sideview mirror for reference and orientation.

However, when it comes to Camaro's, whether 5th or 6th gen, I think that more of it has to do with seating position and height. I see a lot of dudes who are vertically challenged sit in wildly inappropriate positions, then complain about not being able to see out of the car. The belt line of the 5th and 6th gen is rather high, especially compared to most cars. I think the seating position for most folks, especially if you're under 6', needs to be raised to a position that might not be intuitively comfortable. I say that they should make this adjustment while I fully acknowledge that I won't adjust my sideview mirrors but, I also never had any trouble whatsoever with seeing out of any of my Camaro's, be that blind spots or just simply navigating around in it.
I thought the same, but that idea ended when I got my C7 Corvette. I didn't like the idea of putting little round mirrors on that car, so I learned to adjust the mirror properly. Granted though, I don't have nearly as many years under the belt as some of the members here, so it's easier for me to adjust.

I do set my left mirror view to slightly overlap with the rearview mirror. Still not enough to see my own car while driving, but enough to not miss something like a Smart Fortwo or whatever K-car some crazy JDM guy decides to import.

The only thing is that when there are people seated in the rear seats of the Camaro, it could be a little tricky and that's when I am glad I have the blindspot monitors. Mine is a 19 SS 1LE so I also don't have the rearview mirror camera. That would also render the issue moot. That said, it's not like there are often people back there. When my buddies ask for a ride, they always ask for the old beater Civic Coupé I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
Personally,

I disagree with this. The reason people set their mirrors this way instinctively is due to depth perception. You need a frame of reference to perceive depth or distance behind you.

There's a reason they label those side mirrors with "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear."

Keep setting up your rear view mirrors incorrectly with no frame of reference for depth and distance and watch what happens.

I've been driving with my mirrors showing the side of my car for 27 years, and I've NEVER been involved in a rear or side impact of any kind while trying to change lanes and have not been involved in ANY such impact types regardless if I was changing lanes or not.

The proper context for changing lanes is not to use your side mirrors as a reference to judge distance. When passing a vehicle on your right blind side for example, you DO NOT change lanes until you see that vehicle's headlights in your rear view mirror. Then no risks or fuqs are given or taken because you have plenty of distance to change lanes and that vehicle will not even be tailgating you when doing so. Unless they are an assclown.
First of all, assuming if we are talking about cars sold in North American markets, only the right mirror is convex and has that warning because you exchange the slightly warped view for a wider field of view. The left mirror is flat for cars sold in North American markets and therefore lacks the warning; the view isn't warped. European market vehicles have convex mirrors on both sides, supposedly, which is why some people also go and fit European left mirrors on North American cars. The left side is usually where people struggle, and that's the side without the warped view and skewed depth perception.

Yeah you can do it the "traditional way" with shoulder checks, but with most coupés, shoulder checks are pretty much useless. Some of the hatchbacks and sedans also suffer, like the current gen Mazda3 Sport(hatchback). My old Civic Coupé has massive rear windows but that's more of an exception than the norm. With the SAE mirror adjustment, you can skip left shoulder checks and save the right shoulder checks for intersections where you might want to see pedestrians and cyclists. Honestly, I think that's even unnecessary because how much the right view convex mirror's view and rearview mirror's view overlap.

And I don't believe the frame of reference is necessary when driving. The complete view without blindspots should tell you plenty enough about if you should change lanes or not, and really far more important than a frame of reference. A frame of reference is perhaps useful during parking, but in my Civic Coupé without backup cam and mirrors adjusted with the SAE method, I also don't have much trouble parking it.

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)

Last edited by UnknownJinX; 10-28-2022 at 02:11 PM.
UnknownJinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:50 PM   #24
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
To me its the overall width of the car. I've had other cars where visibility has been an issue and the Camaro is really no worse. However, I've had more trouble adjusting to the overall width of the car coming from smaller sports cars. Even my C6 didn't seem as wide, but like many other things you adjust to it the more you drive the car.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:53 PM   #25
tlr3715

Drives: 2002 Z28, 2023 1LT RS Redline
Wider is better. Pontiac said it, must be true.
tlr3715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 02:00 PM   #26
M3_to_1LE

Drives: 23' Camaro SS 1LE
The worse thing I can come up with is the size of the trunk net. I though it just looked small in the pictures.
M3_to_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 02:42 PM   #27
pzoom

Drives: 2021 SS 1LE SHOCK
Would be nice if they had a double DIN stereo. Not possible to upgrade or add features i.e. additional cameras.

All new cars are like this unfortunately.
pzoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 03:30 PM   #28
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
1. The rear view camera is fine, but wish I could turn around and see everything I needed to (old habits are hard to break).

2. I have a difficult time judging passenger side parking island curb distances while taking a corner. I tend to over swing those just to be safe.

If the car was my daily driver, more than likely the above wouldn’t be issues. I guess it’s all what you’re used to.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote