Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-21-2022, 01:54 PM   #29
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sport C View Post
So for the record,is secondary cat delete ok and will not void warranty? Besides the car being older or bought out right why would one do mods that void the warranty?
It doesn't really work like that, it isn't black and white. Modding a car will impact warranty on parts that are affected by the part you modded. More severe mods have a larger impact, with a tune being a powertrain warranty killer for sure.

I have a great relationship with my dealer so I know mods not requiring a tune would be fine(for me), but all bets are off when that ECU has been tuned/flashed. Nobody can save you then.

Warranties are great for daily drivers and cars heavily financed, but they're not everything to everybody.

I think the SS powertrain is very stout, so after putting in some miles to confirm it isn't a dud I will be fine modding my car and kissing my drivetrain warranty goodbye.

I will still have a bumper-to-bumper warranty that I could extend if I wanted, covering all the tech and mag ride etc etc.....I just know that if things go pop I am buying a new engine.
Old 08-21-2022, 01:56 PM   #30
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by goata8 View Post
Probably best to check with the service dept. at your dealership on that one. Mine said "no problem" unless it's something exhaust related. But my dealership is pretty easy to work with.
This exactly.
Old 08-21-2022, 02:46 PM   #31
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
That was my experience with the 2016 2SS that I owned until 2019. A buddy that was a Service Advisor back then told me that my warranty would be void if I removed the secondary cats so I decided to keep them on the car. It really depends on the dealership Service Manager/service advisor.
Old 08-21-2022, 06:27 PM   #32
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
GM flat out states if you mess with the emissions it voids warranty. Why give them
A reason for such a small effect. I ran an axle back and it’s plenty loud. Are you going to track the car. If so you can get flagged for exceeding the decibel level. These cars are plenty fast on track and a blast to drive.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 02:55 AM   #33
Super Sport C

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro | Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
It doesn't really work like that, it isn't black and white. Modding a car will impact warranty on parts that are affected by the part you modded. More severe mods have a larger impact, with a tune being a powertrain warranty killer for sure.

I have a great relationship with my dealer so I know mods not requiring a tune would be fine(for me), but all bets are off when that ECU has been tuned/flashed. Nobody can save you then.

Warranties are great for daily drivers and cars heavily financed, but they're not everything to everybody.

I think the SS powertrain is very stout, so after putting in some miles to confirm it isn't a dud I will be fine modding my car and kissing my drivetrain warranty goodbye.

I will still have a bumper-to-bumper warranty that I could extend if I wanted, covering all the tech and mag ride etc etc.....I just know that if things go pop I am buying a new engine.
Thanks bro,great insight. I found a dealer and the service manager gave me a great breakdown on what I should and shouldnt do.For the most part he was ok with mods as long as you dont tune and it dosent cause an issue like you said. Now ill be adding a rotofab intake and maybe a corsa variable axelback later.
Super Sport C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 07:09 AM   #34
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Thanks bro,great insight. I found a dealer and the service manager gave me a great breakdown on what I should and shouldnt do.For the most part he was ok with mods as long as you dont tune and it dosent cause an issue like you said. Now ill be adding a rotofab intake and maybe a corsa variable axelback later.
I can highly recommend the Corsa NPP axleback. Sounds amazing and the valves definitely change the volume.
Old 08-23-2022, 08:11 AM   #35
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
Headers are one of the best first mods in terms of hp gains
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:38 AM   #36
Drsexxytime

Drives: 22 2SS 1LE 6M
I was in the same boat. Not doing headers for a few years. I have 1500mi on the car now, and I'm wondering how much the NPP breaks in and at what mileage as each exhaust, stock and aftermarket I had over the years broke in differently at different mileages.

I was looking at the Corsa NPP, and boy is that sucker pricey for an axleback. Yeah, the switch flipping is nice, but yikes. I remember buying a Blitz Nur Spec-R and downpipe for $1100 years ago. Things have got crazy.

I was also looking at Stainless Works as they support the valve, or if I wanted to scrap it, AWE makes great sounding kits.
Drsexxytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 11:52 AM   #37
adamjwilson

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS A10
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=608453

see this thread should answer your questions
adamjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 07:51 PM   #38
wang0528
Account Suspended

Drives: 2021 2SS
i would say wait for 2/3 years lol, get an axle back first which help you change the sound the most. Headers do need a tune(~$1000) which could most likely void your warranty
wang0528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 08:11 PM   #39
nametaken

Drives: 2023 SS 1LE
Quote:
I want some exhaust sound though,I live in Atlanta and its a bit humbling to drive around stock exhaust. Should I at least cut the secondary cats? lol
I've had a 5.0 and a Scat Pack this exhaust out of the box sounds amazing, it's pretty loud stock IMO, I just leave it open all the time, I think they nailed it!
nametaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 08:12 AM   #40
Saberscar223

Drives: 2023 Riverside Blue 2SS
Quote:
Damn,guess I will have to return this Injen Intake for rotofab.
Yeah I was also looking at the Injen one. I think it looks the best
Saberscar223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 09:32 PM   #41
Super Sport C

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro | Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drsexxytime View Post
I was in the same boat. Not doing headers for a few years. I have 1500mi on the car now, and I'm wondering how much the NPP breaks in and at what mileage as each exhaust, stock and aftermarket I had over the years broke in differently at different mileages.

I was looking at the Corsa NPP, and boy is that sucker pricey for an axleback. Yeah, the switch flipping is nice, but yikes. I remember buying a Blitz Nur Spec-R and downpipe for $1100 years ago. Things have got crazy.

I was also looking at Stainless Works as they support the valve, or if I wanted to scrap it, AWE makes great sounding kits.

I got 1500 miles in 3 weeks smh. Had to pickup which was about 500.. Tough,Its my birthday month so i think ima go corsa.
Super Sport C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 11:55 PM   #42
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
Quote:
I got 1500 miles in 3 weeks smh. Had to pickup which was about 500.. Tough,Its my birthday month so i think ima go corsa.
Do your research to be sure the Corsa doesn't drone. I have no idea, but I'm pretty sure that at least half of the current offerings drone pretty good at highway speeds. This can be very annoying.
Another thing to consider if you plan on tracking your car is that headers and nearly any catback will put you over the decibel limits at many tracks.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels & brakes/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson 2300/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/E85 Sensor/Ported CID heads from LME/Cammotion PD cam/Thompson Motorsports forged shortblock/catted Kooks 1 7/8 headers /JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote