Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 08-10-2022, 07:08 PM   #15
taylorforschool@gmail.com
PKG4U

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS LT1 View Post
The trick is finding a dealer that will accept a GM Employee Purchase Authorization number. I ordered my 2SS around March 1st, delivered April 7th.
MSRP: $51,090
Employee Price: $47,286
Savings: $3,804 or 7.5%
Ahaaaaaa. Sounds like favoritism if I’ve ever heard of it? There’s people on this forum that waited, and or are still waiting WAY longer than that. Good job!!

Mods after Warranty “Imma keep it stock”
taylorforschool@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 03:41 AM   #16
truckrglenn

Drives: Chevy camaro
When I was looking for a 2022 Camaro back in January my GM Employee price was +38000+. The dealer had the price jacked up to $53000+, $10,000 over sticker.

They tried to sell me the car for $48,000. They must have thought that I had STUPID tattooed on my forehead and didn't know it. The salesman was actually filling out the paperwork trying to keep his arm over the price. When I mentioned it, he said don't worry about that, were looking down here.

I picked my keys up and left.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:09 AM   #17
ckt227

Drives: CHEVROLET CORVETTE
Quote:
Originally Posted by truckrglenn View Post
When I was looking for a 2022 Camaro back in January my GM Employee price was +38000+. The dealer had the price jacked up to $53000+, $10,000 over sticker.

They tried to sell me the car for $48,000. They must have thought that I had STUPID tattooed on my forehead and didn't know it. The salesman was actually filling out the paperwork trying to keep his arm over the price. When I mentioned it, he said don't worry about that, were looking down here.

I picked my keys up and left.
Wow. Not all dealerships and sales people are bad, but damn. I understand and get that it's a sellers market, but things do change. $10k over sticker, dirty salesman and dealership is BS.

I am going back in time a bit. In 2005 I went to trade my 2002 Camaro SS that I was paying around $300 a month for. Made a deal, numbers looked good on paper. The deal was on a new 2005 Pontiac GTO (like I said going way back).

They had maybe 5 or 6 on the lot. The GTO I decided on had I believe were 17 inch wheels/tires and I wanted the 18's (or 19's can't remember but were optional). They said no problem and started switching out the wheels from another car.

Go into financing. Started the paperwork. I always ask what is the total purchase price, interest rate, monthly payment and so on. Finance person goes to show me some paperwork. It has 3 different payments on it. Starting in the $700 going through $900. I told them that I usually do not get an extended warranty. They said "No, this is not a extended warranty. Depending on what terms you select, this is your monthly payment. "

The offer they gave me for the trade was decent, but then they fudged numbers, added fees like the Seinfeld episode where he tries to buy a new Saab and another $6 or $7k to the purchase price for whatever reason.

So no, I didn't buy the GTO. Just sad what some dealers try to do and the unfortunate who just cave and buy it anyway.

The dealer was Devoe located in SW Florida.
ckt227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 08:15 AM   #18
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
I had a good experience with Steve Handy at Shumacher in Lake Park (5 years ago when he was in Sales). He agreed to a cash price on the phone and stuck to it. He's now their FI manager FWIW. Don't know if they do GMEP.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:41 PM   #19
crash02

Drives: 2022 ZL1, 2002 Trans Am WS6
Don Hattan Chevrolet in Kansas sold me my 2022 ZL1 at employee pricing. No haggling or anything. Just asked them and they said yes. I gladly drove from OKC to pick it up.
crash02 is offline   Reply With Quote