Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 10-21-2021, 12:28 PM   #29
Alain

Drives: 2016 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 ZL1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10mm View Post
Vroom is a good place to sell, not buy.

I just sold a vehicle through them and they gave me a great price.
I had a check on my doorstep 6 days after I started the deal.
(they 2 day fedex the funds)
Was skeptical at first but I'm a believer.

Drive your Z over to a CarMax and see what they offer also.
If my local dealerships don’t step up to the plate tomorrow then Vroom is getting it !! $60500 is too good to pass.

CarMax is 50+ mile trip (one way). Too much driving for me in this scenario

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Alain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:31 PM   #30
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
Yeah, I think the Camaro closes the exhaust valves at low speeds as well, which keeps it quiet. Could pull the fuse. For me the ZL1 is loud because I just traded a Tesla Model 3 Performance for it.
I pulled the fuse on the Camaro, still nowhere near as loud as a car with that much power should be.

Quote:
As mentioned, check Carmax as well. Carvana and Carmax were within $500 for me and Vroom was the highest but they also waited 2-3 days to pay you vs. an immediate check.
CarMax offer was substantially less than vroom, I’d rather keep it than give it to CarMax for the price they gave me.

I don’t care how many days it takes for them to pay me, as long as they come through on their offer. I don’t NeEd the money right now.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

2019 Shellby GT 350R/ Oxford white/ Matte Black Stripes/ Carbon Fiber Dash/ Electronics Package #413
Old 10-21-2021, 12:33 PM   #31
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
If you do bring it to dealerships, try to find ones that are close together and let them know you’re shopping your car around. I went to a Ford dealer with a bunch of GT500’s and GT350’s in the showroom. They had no intention me leaving with my car…definitely didn’t want the competition down the street to have it.I went in with a higher number than I wanted 64K (to start) but said I wouldn’t shop around anymore for 65K. Had a deal a few minutes later. Check in hand and ride home in less than an hour. Your type car is under build restraint, is rare and looks cool in any dealership showroom. I personally think you have a good chance at getting more than the Vroom offer.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:39 PM   #32
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
If you do bring it to dealerships, try to find ones that are close together and let them know you’re shopping your car around. I went to a Ford dealer with a bunch of GT500’s and GT350’s in the showroom. They had no intention me leaving with my car…definitely didn’t want the competition down the street to have it.I went in with a higher number than I wanted 64K (to start) but said I wouldn’t shop around anymore for 65K. Had a deal a few minutes later. Check in hand and ride home in less than an hour. Your type car is under build restraint, is rare and looks cool in any dealership showroom. I personally think you have a good chance at getting more than the Vroom offer.
I think you are on to something with this comment. One of the dealerships that reached out to me has a lot of exotics and high performance cars on their lot. They don’t have a Zl1 1LE and never have had one for sale. I texted them some photos and their response leads me to believe they are going to match the Vroom offer at the very least.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-21-2021, 01:00 PM   #33
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain View Post
Curious to hear your reasoning for selling the Hellcat instead of the Z. (Im not attacking ya in any way). Im genuinely curious.

I personally have more fun in the Hellcat on public roads.
I had a 892whp Hellcat prior to my ZL1. I love the ZL1 more. The Hellcat is great if you like to drag race at the drag strip, that's all its made for, that or long cruises. I need a car that can do more and the ZL1 can do anything. I miss the Hellcat supercharger whine but that's all. A stock Hellcat exhaust isn't any louder than a stock ZL1 exhaust in my opinion when the valves are open. Both usually need a little exhaust work if you want louder.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 01:01 PM   #34
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
If my local dealerships don’t step up to the plate tomorrow then Vroom is getting it !! $60500 is too good to pass.

CarMax is 50+ mile trip (one way). Too much driving for me in this scenario
FWIW, I just bought a new 2021 ZL1 non-1LE from an AutoNation Chevy dealer in Florida. Sitting next to the one I bought was a red 2017 ZL1 non-1LE with the A10, red seat belts and carbon hood insert. It only had 2267 miles on it and was mint. They had a no haggle price of $59,900. I asked how much they paid for it and they said $56,500. They sold it in less than a week. So, think about that. They got 60k for a 2017 non-1LE. Low miles but still, your car is 2 years newer and has the $7500 1LE package.

That said, your car is newer, and has the 1LE package, which to the buyer that will hit the track is well worth it. $60,500 is good but there is probably $63-65k possible if you found the right dealer. Also, the time of year is working against you right now. Once Spring hits and we are still in a supply shortage and everyone is itching to hit the track the values may even go higher. Keep. in mind there are no ZL1 to be had right now. There are like 4 in my whole state and two are verts and the wrong color.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 01:17 PM   #35
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I had a 892whp Hellcat prior to my ZL1. I love the ZL1 more. The Hellcat is great if you like to drag race at the drag strip, that's all its made for, that or long cruises. I need a car that can do more and the ZL1 can do anything. I miss the Hellcat supercharger whine but that's all. A stock Hellcat exhaust isn't any louder than a stock ZL1 exhaust in my opinion when the valves are open. Both usually need a little exhaust work if you want louder.
Wow, your Hellcat was a monster !! I personally think the Hellcat sounds much better in stock form. But that’s always a matter of personal preference.

As much as I thought I was going to, I never made it to a track or road course. I like to cruise on the back country roads of upstate NY. The Hellcat is a handful in the turns but I’m ok with that.

I feel like I need to drive my camaro fast and aggressively to get the same amount of joy I get out of driving the Hellcat on regular roads. It all comes down to preference.

Im definitely going to miss the mind blowing things the camaro can do at high speeds. But, I know I’m never going to a road course so the Camaro will never fully spread its wings while i own it.

Quote:
FWIW, I just bought a new 2021 ZL1 non-1LE from an AutoNation Chevy dealer in Florida. Sitting next to the one I bought was a red 2017 ZL1 non-1LE with the A10, red seat belts and carbon hood insert. It only had 2267 miles on it and was mint. They had a no haggle price of $59,900. I asked how much they paid for it and they said $56,500. They sold it in less than a week. So, think about that. They got 60k for a 2017 non-1LE. Low miles but still, your car is 2 years newer and has the $7500 1LE package.

That said, your car is newer, and has the 1LE package, which to the buyer that will hit the track is well worth it. $60,500 is good but there is probably $63-65k possible if you found the right dealer. Also, the time of year is working against you right now. Once Spring hits and we are still in a supply shortage and everyone is itching to hit the track the values may even go higher. Keep. in mind there are no ZL1 to be had right now. There are like 4 in my whole state and two are verts and the wrong color.
Great points you make here. Thank you for sharing. After reading that i feel a little more confident asking over 60K tomorrow. If I get anywhere between 63-65K I’d be breaking even after 3 years of ownership. I will throw them the keys and run out of there if that’s the case.

I know the time of year is not ideal for me to sale but I don’t want to wait another year and now the car is one model year older and possibly less valuable.

With that being said, you made a great point……..if they are still struggling to build new cars and the demand picks back up in the spring the car could possibly be worth considerably more.

Considering that I won’t be driving it in the winter, I might as well sale it now rather than wait and risk things getting back to normal over the winter and getting hit with more depreciation.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-21-2021, 02:51 PM   #36
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Wow, your Hellcat was a monster !! I personally think the Hellcat sounds much better in stock form. But that’s always a matter of personal preference.

As much as I thought I was going to, I never made it to a track or road course. I like to cruise on the back country roads of upstate NY. The Hellcat is a handful in the turns but I’m ok with that.

I feel like I need to drive my camaro fast and aggressively to get the same amount of joy I get out of driving the Hellcat on regular roads. It all comes down to preference.

Im definitely going to miss the mind blowing things the camaro can do at high speeds. But, I know I’m never going to a road course so the Camaro will never fully spread its wings while i own it.

Great points you make here. Thank you for sharing. After reading that i feel a little more confident asking over 60K tomorrow. If I get anywhere between 63-65K I’d be breaking even after 3 years of ownership. I will throw them the keys and run out of there if that’s the case.

I know the time of year is not ideal for me to sale but I don’t want to wait another year and now the car is one model year older and possibly less valuable.

With that being said, you made a great point……..if they are still struggling to build new cars and the demand picks back up in the spring the car could possibly be worth considerably more.

Considering that I won’t be driving it in the winter, I might as well sale it now rather than wait and risk things getting back to normal over the winter and getting hit with more depreciation.

We are all in different cycles of ownership. You have the complete stable there in your list so I can understand being ok to part with one of them considering the strong used market right now. I had a Tesla Model 3 Performance, great daily driver but I wanted to get back into a Camaro before they stop making them. In the next few years these cars are either going to be beloved or ostracized as more EVs show up and fuel costs keep going up. I figure I will hold on to it for a long time or if they value is still strong in 3-4 years I will trade it for a Z06 Corvette once things calm down.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 02:52 PM   #37
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
I didn't read all of the post but try your local dealerships. I had 3 local dealer come within 1k offered by carmax which is over 2 hours away from me. But carmax, vroom , carvana had pretty much the same number with carmax just edging out the others.
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 03:31 PM   #38
Fast4wd

Drives: 2022 ZLE
Alain - I sold an SS 1LE to Vroom in July. I was terrified about the transport, and the thought that they could offer me less if I misrepresented (their words) the condition of the car. However, their offer was considerably higher than anywhere else(including dealers). I emailed the Bill of Lading in the afternoon the car was picked up and I received an email the next morning that my check was in the mail. I received the full offer.
I was extremely nervous about the whole thing but it worked out perfectly.
Fast4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:30 PM   #39
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveradoss573 View Post
I didn't read all of the post but try your local dealerships. I had 3 local dealer come within 1k offered by carmax which is over 2 hours away from me. But carmax, vroom , carvana had pretty much the same number with carmax just edging out the others.
Im hitting the local dealerships tomorrow during the day. Going to get it washed first thing in the morning and then taking it to get appraised. One of the dealerships Im going to is the Chevy dealership that sold me the car. Let’s see what they have to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast4wd View Post
Alain - I sold an SS 1LE to Vroom in July. I was terrified about the transport, and the thought that they could offer me less if I misrepresented (their words) the condition of the car. However, their offer was considerably higher than anywhere else(including dealers). I emailed the Bill of Lading in the afternoon the car was picked up and I received an email the next morning that my check was in the mail. I received the full offer.
I was extremely nervous about the whole thing but it worked out perfectly.
I just looked at the window sticker for my car. It MSRP at 71,296. When I bought it I got 3K taken off the price. If I get anything over 63k from a dealership tomorrow they are getting it. Otherwise I think Vroom is the winner.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot

Old 10-21-2021, 11:51 PM   #40
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
Quote:
Im hitting the local dealerships tomorrow during the day. Going to get it washed first thing in the morning and then taking it to get appraised. One of the dealerships Im going to is the Chevy dealership that sold me the car. Let’s see what they have to say.

I just looked at the window sticker for my car. It MSRP at 71,296. When I bought it I got 3K taken off the price. If I get anything over 63k from a dealership tomorrow they are getting it. Otherwise I think Vroom is the winner.
I hope your local dealer give you a good deal. When I tried carmax they wouldn't add any value for the 1LE package.

I got 64.5K but that was because I also bought a ZL1 they had on stock.

Your car looks awesome.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2021, 05:24 AM   #41
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
I honestly think your best bet is to sell it outright because you can reach a much larger audience. I think you will come out better even if you have to wait a few weeks to get the buyer you want. Unless you're trading it to save on the tax credit, selling outright is typically going to give you the best results. I would post it on Cars.com and Autotrader.com
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:17 AM   #42
Alain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuiquen View Post
I hope your local dealer give you a good deal. When I tried carmax they wouldn't add any value for the 1LE package.

I got 64.5K but that was because I also bought a ZL1 they had on stock.

Your car looks awesome.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Thank you !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I honestly think your best bet is to sell it outright because you can reach a much larger audience. I think you will come out better even if you have to wait a few weeks to get the buyer you want. Unless you're trading it to save on the tax credit, selling outright is typically going to give you the best results. I would post it on Cars.com and Autotrader.com
I might follow this advice if I don’t get it sold today. I’m not buying anything else at the moment, money is going to the bank until I find a classic I like.

I might follow your advice if I don’t sale it today. I’ll take a bunch of pictures and put them up on cars.com, auto trader and maybe even Craigslist over the winter.

Maybe someone will take the bait during the winter months. If not, I’m sure the supply chain woes will still be around next spring. If that’s the case, I shouldn’t have an issue selling it then.

Im getting it washed now and I’m already getting emotional about the thought of letting it go.

2018 ZL1 1LE/Red hot