Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 09-23-2021, 06:20 PM   #29
Dabjbr

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo-1LE View Post
Let me add, the Rallye 3 has ASM, which to my understanding acts like a factory system, the inside belt has a section which allows the pelvis to move in an accident. Recommend you look it up for specific details. Again, research and make calls. As I stated I had 3 calls with the vendors before I moved forward. I'm a bit overboard on safety, as I have 3 Simpson Hybrid's, one for me and two others (different sizes) for anyone who rides, along with 3 different suits. To my understanding per input from doctors, after the helmet, the Hybrid is most critical, its just too bad they cost so much.
Timbo,

So, I haven't purchased the belt yet because here's another observation I just made...

The recaros are great seats overall. However, the headrest tilts forward. In street driving, this isn't a problem. On the track, I normally recline the seat a little more so that my helmet isn't constantly bumping into the headrest. That said, I just sat in my car, helmet on and pressed my shoulders against the seat trying to recreate what would occur with the harness. I gotta say, I didn't love how my helmet made contact with the headrest forcing my head to tilt forward.

Do you have that experience or if not, how do you counter it?
Dabjbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 07:07 PM   #30
Timbo-1LE

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Probably don't due the Simpson Hybrid, as the brace which is across your upper back, below your neckline pushes me a bit forward.

Can someone take a picture of you sitting in the car and maybe I can compare? I cannot until the weekend, but could put it all on, belt up and take a.picture. Let me know...

I will say it has cut down significantly in fatigue and a track like Sebring helped with Lap times being consistent and a bit lower overall. Also I bought belt clip blanks to ensure airbags are in active state... $10.00
Timbo-1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 04:55 PM   #31
jeremy71

Drives: 2017 Chevy SS 1LE
Studio SRS
Planter Technology Bases
Sparco 3"
OMP WRC-R XL
SHR Flex Hybrid

Night and day between stock seats.
Attached Images

jeremy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 11:44 AM   #32
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabjbr View Post
The recaros are great seats overall. However, the headrest tilts forward. In street driving, this isn't a problem. On the track, I normally recline the seat a little more so that my helmet isn't constantly bumping into the headrest. That said, I just sat in my car, helmet on and pressed my shoulders against the seat trying to recreate what would occur with the harness. I gotta say, I didn't love how my helmet made contact with the headrest forcing my head to tilt forward.

Do you have that experience or if not, how do you counter it?
I have noticed this too but it is not an issue for me on track since I don't have a harness. You could remove the limiter pins to allow the seat to recline more but idk if they are there for crash safety vs. preventing you from accidentally squishing someone's legs in the back seat.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=506287

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508848

https://youtu.be/Bco_HP2Y0bQ
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:45 PM   #33
5.M0NSTER

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
I ended up installing a 4pt Corbeau Harness. I will use this with a HANS III device next season. Angles feel ok to me. My seat back is almost vertical when I track, and this feels very similar to my previous 4pt setups in my Mustang and M2 cars.

The seatbelt all the way out trick was just not good enough. Still had to brace myself instead of focusing on driving. This + HANS III should feel better.

The 2 harnesses mounted nicely in the back seat are using the seat belt buckle bolt, and the bolt folding the bottom of the seat belt,
Attached Images

5.M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:33 PM   #34
nasbagoat

Drives: 17 SW 1LE
6'5" 300lbs.
BK seat mounts(retains facotry belt)
recaro sliders
sparco recaro side mounts
OMP TRS-E XL seats
oe seat harness with airbag simulators (no lights)
CMS rollbar
schroth 6pt harness'
nasbagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 09:09 AM   #35
RwdFrontEndDev

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I ended up installing a 4pt Corbeau Harness. I will use this with a HANS III device next season. Angles feel ok to me. My seat back is almost vertical when I track, and this feels very similar to my previous 4pt setups in my Mustang and M2 cars.

The seatbelt all the way out trick was just not good enough. Still had to brace myself instead of focusing on driving. This + HANS III should feel better.

The 2 harnesses mounted nicely in the back seat are using the seat belt buckle bolt, and the bolt folding the bottom of the seat belt,

Have any pictures of the rear connection points? I was looking at this product too because I need to keep my rear seat for my daughter. But need a harness for my OMP seat. I don’t do anything competitive, just track days.
OEM GM Dark Finish Tail Lamps | Straightline Performance Tune

Dyno: 447hp | 448tq
RwdFrontEndDev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2023, 07:29 PM   #36
SCCAForums

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang
I have a Schroth Y 4 point that you attach to the rear shoulder seat belt and leaves room for factory seat belts front and back... if you want it for $50 plus shipping, it's all yours.

Best regards,
Dave
Old 07-31-2023, 10:00 PM   #37
CamaroMando

Drives: GT 350R
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAForums View Post
I have a Schroth Y 4 point that you attach to the rear shoulder seat belt and leaves room for factory seat belts front and back... if you want it for $50 plus shipping, it's all yours.

Best regards,
Dave
Do harnesses have an expiration date?
CamaroMando is offline   Reply With Quote