Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 06-23-2019, 01:35 PM   #15
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
If you put a SS or ZL1 front clip on a V6 model Camaro it won’t make worth more in value! The vin number tells the story of the car and that’s what the dealers and insurance companies go by. But to each his own and I too think people who do this are posers that are trying to make their car into something it’s not.
I don't believe he's trying to up his value. I'm sure everyone's values have dropped, he just enjoys the customizing part which makes him happy. I guess it ends up like you said, to each their own.
Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 02:42 PM   #16
Amanjot

Drives: 2016 V6 1LT/ A8/ Dual exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neymar View Post
Dude I have a 2016 rs and I put the zl1 front end on it as well as the 305 30 20 wheel set up and also the zl1 1pe wing on my car and I have rs badges all over it’s not about being a poser it’s about what looks good and just because it’s a 6 cylinder doesn’t mean it has to look like shit because when my car was basic it looked like shit, and I have the 2lt rs but that’s just my opinion man but do as you please, guys are still gonna say “it’s a v6” 😂 lol but do what makes you happy man
Bro do you have a instagram? I have been thinking about getting a wing but I want to see how it looks.
Amanjot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 09:58 AM   #17
ron8879

Drives: 2018 Camaro RS
Quote:
Dude I have a 2016 rs and I put the zl1 front end on it as well as the 305 30 20 wheel set up and also the zl1 1pe wing on my car and I have rs badges all over it’s not about being a poser it’s about what looks good and just because it’s a 6 cylinder doesn’t mean it has to look like shit because when my car was basic it looked like shit, and I have the 2lt rs but that’s just my opinion man but do as you please, guys are still gonna say “it’s a v6” 😂 lol but do what makes you happy man

your 6 looks good! I'm surprised 305 fit in the rear honestly. I am doing the 275/245 set up soon. I want to keep mine with chevy pieces....plus the wife does have a budget I'm allowed to work on.....keeps her from spending tons on scrap booking too LOL. We will see where it goes with availability of parts and money....plus I was trying to figure out how to get a hood to the dealership since I have nothing that can haul it......one upgrade at a time haha
ron8879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:02 AM   #18
ron8879

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
If you put a SS or ZL1 front clip on a V6 model Camaro it won’t make worth more in value! The vin number tells the story of the car and that’s what the dealers and insurance companies go by. But to each his own and I too think people who do this are posers that are trying to make their car into something it’s not.

I'm not looking for the value increase. I'm very happy with my 6 and npp exhaust....sounds good and gets 30mpg...... again, its just about appearance preference. I have desire to place SS emblems or more on my car. i do respect your opinion on the idea though. I just struggle with the idea of how this idea is different from those with SS models who do ZL1 front ends or decide to add ZL1 wheels and ground effects.
Old 07-17-2019, 06:28 PM   #19
chris227

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS
Sema grill is the way to go. I thought about the SS front end but decided I much prefer the verticle Running lights compared the horizontal ones.
Attached Images

chris227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #20
ron8879

looks very sharp.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:21 PM   #21
gsxrinthe9s

Drives: 2018 chevy Camaro RS
There is nothing wrong with modding your car how you want. Its your car and your money
Why should you care what anyone thinks.
If you like a certain look go for it
gsxrinthe9s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:33 AM   #22
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Amen bro
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 12:35 PM   #23
Rayvan
Rayvan

Drives: 2018 1SS1LE, Silver Ice Metallic
Do what you want, short of the logos.
Back in the day, I put GTO wheels, and a '70 GTO front end on my '72 LeMans (No logos), I just liked the look (I'd found a wrecked (rear-ended) GTO in a wrecking-yard to get the parts. Got all the parts needed to install a Muncie 4-speed too!), Nobody ever admonished me for it, as I never tried to pass it off it a GTO.
Rayvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:13 AM   #24
Quix

Drives: 2016 2LT V6 Garnet Red
I have no idea why you'd do this, but if you do, Gen5DIY has good instructions on how to remove the front of the car. I replaced my headlights with the RS headlights, it took several hours and I'd recommend having a second person to help align the bumper cover/front end assembly at the end. It makes it much easier. It's not hard to do if you're methodical, but there are a lot of hex and torx u-bolts to keep track of.
Quix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:25 AM   #25
Spudsmaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 6 SPEED MANUAL CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron8879 View Post
so I'm trying to decide if I want to get the sema grill in black to sport up the front end of my V6 or if it would almost be as easy to just place an SS front end on......so my question is, has anyone done this and if so how complicated is it?
Ive seen v6 with the zl1 style bumper it actually makes more sense because the SS has sideways fog lights on top of the air gap where the v6 and zl1 has fog lights that are in a straight position so the zl1 is prolly more compatible. (Idk the difference between horizontal and vertical) lol
Spudsmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 10:45 AM   #26
ron8879

I think I've decided to go with the sema grill when $$ allows. My wife is a fan of my current light setup. I will still be exploring the V8 hood down the road though Thank you all for the feedback and conversation on the subject.