Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

AWE Tuning

Old 10-22-2023, 09:33 AM   #1
split_bumper

Drives: 24 ZL1, 6.2L Denali, 73 SplitBumper
split_bumpers Radiant Red M6 ZL1

I figure I would jump on here and share my journey. Yesterday I brought home my brand new 2024 ZL1. I started out this journey early this year. Decided to put some orders in at several dealers in the area I felt had good shots at allocations. None of these dealers ended up getting allocations. After reading threads on here, I realized my chances were tough midway through the order year, so every day I searched and searched. I ended up coming across this 24 from Heiser Cadillac in West Bend, WI. I emailed instantly and got a deposit on it. Within the hour from the email, to the time I called with a credit card, I was told 12 people had called inquiring about it. Timing was everything. MSRP with every option I wanted, minus a sunroof. Now that I have it, I kind of like it without the sunroof. Window sticker is posted below.

I had plans of driving a rental out there and then driving the car back but couldn't find a rental so soon. I decided I would drive out there with my truck and trailer (380miles or so each way), and just tow the car back. Come to find out, I had a buddy going out that way to pick up a project race truck not far from the dealership. I hitched a ride with him and made it really easy. We left at 5am and got back around midnight last night. I am located in south western MN.

I used the pre acceptance checklist thread on here as a guide for everything at the dealership. Asking for Dealer-installed take offs back ended up working out. They changed the shift knob cover, and the service tech had the old one in his tool box. I asked for that back, and never would have known to ask unless I saw the bulletin on this forum. Everything went good at the dealer ship. I have the event history on the car, the original window sticker, build sheet etc. This car was produced October 5th and delivered Oct 10th, which means it was delivered almost instantly. Like I said, timing is everything. One other thing to note is, when the car got invoiced the window sticker was different. I posted the original, the updated one won't populate when I run the vin now. They said they would mail it to me. It was reinvoiced without a rear cargo net, meaning $75 cheaper. Good thing I caught this otherwise I would have paid for it and not got it. They ended up just knocking $75 dollars off the sale price to recount.

This car is an animal. I was very fortunate to find it, and I am proud to say I own this car at 26 years old. Hard work and dedication pays off. I have a 73 Camaro I drag race, so having this toy for the street will be a nice addition. At first the power didn't seem like what everyone talks about, but once I got on the interstate. WOW.....this things got some serious balls. It is so smooth, it doesn't feel fast, but once you look down and see how fast you're going, you realize just how fast it is. I am really impressed. No speed limits were broken

I averaged 23mpg on the way home in sport mode, even with all the hard accelerations, which is above what I thought I would get. I have about 380 or so miles on it now. Going for window tint today. It was ordered with a carbon cover gas cap, which I don't plan on putting on, but so everyone knows, they are on back order right now. I am a little rusty on a manual, since I've never owned one, but it'll get better with time. Haven't stalled it haha. Here are some pictures so far, I will update more as time comes.
Attached Images

https://cws.gm.com/vs-cws/vehshop/v2...FJ1R60R0111531
split_bumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 09:41 AM   #2
Odabo

Drives: Chevrolet Blazer
Congratulations young fella! I happen to be very partial to that color It took me a long time to get a Camaro but it is great you were able to obtain one at such a young age. You said it best; hard work.
Old 10-22-2023, 10:10 AM   #3
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Congratulations! The ZL1 is an awesome car! I just purchased mine several weeks ago.

Looks like from your window sticker that you checked most of the option boxes too.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 12:30 PM   #4
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin

Drives: '24 VOM 1SS 1LE M6. 1 of 4
That is a cool story, congrats. I'm surprised they ordered it with the manual for stock...unless someone ordered it then backed out?
Old 10-22-2023, 08:31 PM   #5
split_bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPirate View Post
Congratulations! The ZL1 is an awesome car! I just purchased mine several weeks ago.

Looks like from your window sticker that you checked most of the option boxes too.
Yes if I was going to spend this much on a car I’m not going to cheap out over a few options. All options I feel have purpose of course. It’s the exact way I would have ordered. I probably would have passed on the BCD but oh well. They’re mine now lol.

Old 10-22-2023, 08:33 PM   #6
split_bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
That is a cool story, congrats. I'm surprised they ordered it with the manual for stock...unless someone ordered it then backed out?
That is very possible. From reading the event history 1100 status was reached right before 2000 was so I don’t think it was an order. They probably got an allocation and placed it regardless. They told me it was an order they placed rather than a customer. I’m glad they ordered it the way they did. Lucked out that I was within driving distance.

Old 10-22-2023, 08:34 PM   #7
split_bumper

Window tint = done
Attached Images

Old 10-26-2023, 08:22 AM   #8
split_bumper

Final wash complete. Now to wait for my cover to show up, lift pads. And oil an filter. I checked the oil and it seems really really clean. I’m not going to change it. Car had 550miles on it, but only 3 days of use. It is way too clean for me to justify changing it. I decided I will just change the filter and monitor the condition. I’ve raced cars for 15+ years and my dad has for 40+, always built our own engines and everything. He also agrees for how clean the oil looks, it’s not worth changing it. Will change the filter and cut the old one apart to see what I come across. Will update more as I know! Can’t wait to get the cover on this girl.
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2023, 12:47 PM   #9
split_bumper

Cover is here! Ordered from carcovers.com the inner fabric is definitely soft. I plan to just use for winter storage. Fits the car well, fast and easy. Not sure how well it holds dust out, but I will let everyone know come spring time.
Name:  IMG_3034.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  179.1 KB

Old 10-30-2023, 09:46 PM   #10
split_bumper

Lift pads installed from Amazon. 30$ and 2 day free shipping. I had to clearance two of them. Brought to work and did on the Bridgeport. Can see in the pictures how I had them shimmed for the first attempt. Changed my oil filter, just waiting for front license plate bracket and will get that all mounted. Going to be a stow and show type plate bracket. “Stealth mode”
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2023, 12:57 PM   #11
split_bumper

Added a front plate bracket. Wireless remote control for whether I want it visible or hidden. Also made up a sticker for the fuse panel. Got the idea from dead brand, made my self for far less money.
Attached Images

Last edited by split_bumper; 04-03-2024 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-07-2023, 10:38 PM   #12
DorsoDuroJohn

Drives: 2021 Camaro LT1
i love this car so much. Perfect color and model. Enjoy. From MN also!
DorsoDuroJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 04:52 PM   #13
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Congratulations. Radiant Red looks great on the Camaro. Thanks for sharing your story and the changes you are making. Never seen the front license plate Houdini trick, that is a slick setup. Enjoy.
Old 04-26-2024, 09:15 AM   #14
split_bumper

PPF done.
Attached Images