Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 05-17-2022, 11:36 AM   #1
joeyazzata29
j1ss

Drives: '21 2SS 1LE
Unique NPP issue - 2021 2SS 1LE

Hey guys, ive been having some issues with the dual mode NPP system. My car has a Corsa 14789 axle back on it that works with NPP dual mode. The Corsa system reuses the factory GM NPP actuators.

My actuators started opening and closing randomly on their own often rapidly, both sides are doing it. I contacted Corsa and they sent out an entire new exhaust.

The replacement exhaust did not fix the problem. Again, the Corsa system reuses the factory NPP actuators from GM. Im thinking from process of elimination this is what the problem is.

Ive pulled the fuse, replaced the fuse, reset the battery, checked connections at the actuators, cleaned connections at the actuators. All to no avail.

What are the odds both NPP actuators fail at the same time? What are the odds they both open and close randomly for a little until they stop working entirely (this is whats happening) Lastly, what are the odds GM works on this under warranty considering they are the factory NPP actuators?

Ive seen plenty of NPP problems but I havent seen this one. My friend had this same problem with the same Corsa system on his car, but he totaled his car before he could install the warranty replacement so we never got to see the result of his.

Thanks for any help
joeyazzata29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:57 PM   #2
Trochoidal

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
I’d suggest a re-learn on the NPP.

Check out this thread.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590334

Originally Posted by arpad_m - “Aww, yet another oil thread with almost the same question in the OP“
Trochoidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 02:06 PM   #3
joeyazzata29
j1ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochoidal View Post
I’d suggest a re-learn on the NPP.

Check out this thread.

https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=590334
Dealer is gonna try this among other things today, ill report back
Old 05-24-2022, 02:51 PM   #4
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Did the installation manual from Corsa tell you that you had to do a factory re-learn? I am not even sure if they would have even known, I am just curious. It is not like GM publishes a manual for the aftermarket guys...

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2022, 02:53 PM   #5
joeyazzata29
j1ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
Did the installation manual from Corsa tell you that you had to do a factory re-learn? I am not even sure if they would have even known, I am just curious. It is not like GM publishes a manual for the aftermarket guys...

-Geoff
Corsa install mentioned nothing of it, and it worked fine when it was installed on my '20 SS, and then swapped to my '21 1LE worked fine for a year - no relearn ever performed