#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Phastek Performance

Old 12-11-2021, 05:17 PM   #1
Winter’SS

Drives: 2021 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS 1LE
SS 1LE suspension limits / Avoiding bottoming out

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 2021 SS 1LE. I knew that the ride would be way bumpier with the Magnetic Ride control and stiffer suspension. I’m curious what the limits are before throwing off the alignment and possible damaging the suspension. I drive my car very fast and sometimes misjudge changes in the road or hills. Apparently both times I brought my car to the dealership after the track, my alignment has been off. I live in downtown Dallas and the roads are extremely bumpy - should I be babying the car over any bumps to avoid any damage or is the rougher ride just part of having the racing tuned suspension.

My next question is my entrance to the parking garage is extremely steep. I go in at an angle to avoid my front splitter from bottoming out, but this causes one rear tire to come off the ground and then I slip a little. Is putting all this weight to one side going to damage the chassis or any other part of the car.

I know it’s probably tough to come up with answers, but I am just looking for a little clarification and maybe some advice as I am considering leaving my current residence because of this. I figured I would at least get some feedback before making any decision. I’ll post a link to a video of me coming out of the apartment so you can reference what I’m talking about.

Last edited by Winter’SS; 12-11-2021 at 05:30 PM.
Winter’SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
Uncle Sam

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LE Hyper Blue
The unweighting of a wheel/corner of the car won't hurt anything.

Take this car to the track! Go way faster and be safer.
Uncle Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 05:54 PM   #3
2SS Capt
2020 Shadow Gray 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS - A10, NPP, MRC, CAI
I think you'll be fine...

Attached Images

Added after delivery: - GMP CAI, GMP Black Strut Tower Brace, MRR017 1LE Wheels, SS Armrest, Black Fuel Door, Stainless Sport Pedals, SS Wheel Caps, Black Lugs/Locks, GM Splash Guards, DD Smoked LED Markers, Smoked Rear Reflectors, Mishimoto Catch Can, Xpel PPF - Full Front, SunTek 35% Tint, CeramicPro coating, RST Stainless Brake Lines, Castrol SRF, MSD Super Conductor Wires

Left: My "fun" ride. Right: My "work" ride: a Gulfstream G600. One's top speed is 180 Mph, the other, 620 Mph...
2SS Capt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 06:49 PM   #4
MSU120

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS Capt View Post

That’s an awesome picture.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT—605rwhp, SOLD
MSU120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 07:13 PM   #5
Winter’SS

Quote:

That’s an awesome photo..
Old 12-12-2021, 05:44 PM   #6
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
Quote:

Yeah...you'll be fine. But that's a ZLE in the pic. It has DSSV's, not MRC.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2021, 01:51 PM   #7
cdrptrks

Drives: 2017 Blue Camaro 1SS 1LE with PDR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter’SS View Post
Apparently both times I brought my car to the dealership after the track, my alignment has been off. I live in downtown Dallas and the roads are extremely bumpy - should I be babying the car over any bumps to avoid any damage or is the rougher ride just part of having the racing tuned suspension.
They probably are not following the correct torque+angle specs if your alignment is off after a single track day. Mine has stayed the same even using curbs agressively on a variety of tracks and even going off track at high speeds a few times. Or they are looking at the regular street alignment and it is "off" because you have the track alignment so the camber is outside of the preprogrammed acceptable range for the street alignment even though it hasn't actually changed since your previous track alignment.

I don't think the bumps on the street will hurt the car but I slow down more than usual in this car when driving on bumpy roads in downtown Houston for my own comfort and out of sympathy for the car.
cdrptrks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 10:53 AM   #8
Srt-cuatro

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Do not trust your dealership with your alignment. I use Texas Track Works in Fort Worth. They will set it up however you like. I do an alignment every year and it does not deviate that much, even driving everyday in the shitty Dallas streets.
Srt-cuatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 11:01 AM   #9
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
if the oem magride isnt enough you can hit up vorhslag to get a full mcs setup they are awesome guys
Old 12-20-2021, 06:32 PM   #10
Winter’SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt-cuatro View Post
Do not trust your dealership with your alignment. I use Texas Track Works in Fort Worth. They will set it up however you like. I do an alignment every year and it does not deviate that much, even driving everyday in the shitty Dallas streets.
Perfect. I will check them out.😎
Old 12-20-2021, 06:36 PM   #11
Winter’SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrptrks View Post
They probably are not following the correct torque+angle specs if your alignment is off after a single track day. Mine has stayed the same even using curbs agressively on a variety of tracks and even going off track at high speeds a few times. Or they are looking at the regular street alignment and it is "off" because you have the track alignment so the camber is outside of the preprogrammed acceptable range for the street alignment even though it hasn't actually changed since your previous track alignment.

I don't think the bumps on the street will hurt the car but I slow down more than usual in this car when driving on bumpy roads in downtown Houston for my own comfort and out of sympathy for the car.
I’m thinking it might not have been off and maybe they wanted the $. But it was two different dealerships so that would mean both were being dishonest, or it was really off. I never had it aligned for track - only street alignment. Actually, a dealer declined to set negative camber for track.