Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-29-2021, 02:46 PM   #1
Dave-G

Drives: 2011 RS/2LT- manual
Catch can check valve help?

I bought a standard catch can kit from Elite Engineering with a clean side separator and a check valve. What I can't seem to find anywhere is exactly HOW or WHERE the check valve goes, and which direction for flow. Any help?
Dave-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 08:10 AM   #2
ElderJ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT
I tried browsing for videos online (albeit briefly), but I didn't see any installation of a check valve on the clean side. I have an EE catch can on my dirty side w/o the check valve and have no plans to install anything on the clean side, so I can't be of much help, unfortunately.
ElderJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2021, 04:43 PM   #3
Dave-G

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderJ View Post
I tried browsing for videos online (albeit briefly), but I didn't see any installation of a check valve on the clean side. I have an EE catch can on my dirty side w/o the check valve and have no plans to install anything on the clean side, so I can't be of much help, unfortunately.
I've been going nuts searching. I found several places where some hacks used them on the clean side, then on the inlet side of the dirty side, which left me completely confused. Someone from Elite finally cleared it up for me. It goes on the outlet side pointing AWAY from the can. Thanks for chiming in!
Old 09-01-2021, 01:33 PM   #4
vs_pete

Drives: VEII MY12 Sportwagon 3.6L LFX V6
Hi,
Can you put up a pic after you have installed it please?
vs_pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 10:03 AM   #5
Dave-G

Quote:
Originally Posted by vs_pete View Post
Hi,
Can you put up a pic after you have installed it please?

Old 09-03-2021, 02:47 PM   #6
ElderJ

Man, I totally misread your original post. I thought you had the catch can on the clean side of the intake. My bad.
My EE came with that check valve as well, but I left it off because I'm lazy and didn't think I needed it. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-04-2021, 10:49 AM   #7
Dave-G

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElderJ View Post
Man, I totally misread your original post. I thought you had the catch can on the clean side of the intake. My bad.
My EE came with that check valve as well, but I left it off because I'm lazy and didn't think I needed it. Sorry for the confusion.
Ah, No, but there was some confusion concerning where the check valve went. absolutely no instructions are provided, and many of the videos are pretty generic at best. I had a few geniuses tell me the check valve went on the clean side, which completely confused me. I finally got clarification from Elite themselves. Honestly, I think the check valve was probably a waste of money. At least in my situation.
Old 09-05-2021, 09:20 AM   #8
ElderJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-G View Post
Honestly, I think the check valve was probably a waste of money. At least in my situation.

I'm no mechanic nor engineer, but I'm sure there's a reason for this part. I have been running a catch can w/o that check valve for over 2 years now (~14k miles) w/o any issues. Car runs great, and I empty the can once every thousand miles (usually a little less than 2 tablespoons of oily fluid I'd guess).