Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 06-04-2022, 03:29 PM   #29
20Bluezl1

Drives: 2020 Zl1 A10 Riverside Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
You mean not looks, or functionality first, looks second, right?
Correct looks second functionally first.
20Bluezl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 10:17 PM   #30
synolimit

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiqTenExp View Post
The true ceramic coatings like swaintech will lower engine bay temps significantly. This is very useful when you are trying to lower things like IAT. Example of the difference: Open my cars engine bay after a drive that gets the car fully up to temp - there is more heat radiating off the engine/blower than over the headers when you move your hand around. Normally the exhaust headers would be much hotter but the coating really helps.
sure i understand the concept but nothings going to work better than an actual barrier between the hot metals outer surface and the components sitting next to it. i can 100% guarantee you cant touch a ceramic header when its red hot vs touching a wrap job. wrap is cheap and actually works.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 10:55 PM   #31
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
sure i understand the concept but nothings going to work better than an actual barrier between the hot metals outer surface and the components sitting next to it. i can 100% guarantee you cant touch a ceramic header when its red hot vs touching a wrap job. wrap is cheap and actually works.
I have touched my Kooks 2" headers after they are full warmed up with the Jet-Hot 2500f coating, you can touch them without burning your fingers at all. I wouldn't leave my fingers on the header but its certainly a HUGE reduction in temps that you won't burn yourself if you accidentally touch them after driving. The problem with wraps is that overtime moisture gets between the wrap and the header and starts to corrode the metal.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 12:23 PM   #32
DaveC113

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Swaintech are a bunch of d-bags, would not recommend.

They overcharged me and got their coating inside a carefully ported and polished manifold, total garbage job, garbage company. Look elsewhere.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:32 PM   #33
synolimit

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z OH 6 View Post
I have touched my Kooks 2" headers after they are full warmed up with the Jet-Hot 2500f coating, you can touch them without burning your fingers at all. I wouldn't leave my fingers on the header but its certainly a HUGE reduction in temps that you won't burn yourself if you accidentally touch them after driving. The problem with wraps is that overtime moisture gets between the wrap and the header and starts to corrode the metal.
you may be right, i've never touched a coated header but i've also never pulled a ceramic pot out of kiln before with my bare hands!! hell i cant even hold my coffee mug unless by the handle because it burns me. as for the wrap thats 100% false! longest i've gone with my own car was 36,000 miles over 3 years on an Invida downpipe on my 09 WRX i DD'd in horrible NE ohio winters and 12,000 miles when i transfered it over to my 11 WRX. pipe was mint when i sold it!! even cheap Chinese 304ss will not be hurt by wrap!! its impossible to hold moisture!! lol its fully heated up and hot within 5 min. wheres the moisture going to stay at? haha
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 03:54 AM   #34
Z OH 6

Drives: 2021 Red Hot ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
you may be right, i've never touched a coated header but i've also never pulled a ceramic pot out of kiln before with my bare hands!! hell i cant even hold my coffee mug unless by the handle because it burns me. as for the wrap thats 100% false! longest i've gone with my own car was 36,000 miles over 3 years on an Invida downpipe on my 09 WRX i DD'd in horrible NE ohio winters and 12,000 miles when i transfered it over to my 11 WRX. pipe was mint when i sold it!! even cheap Chinese 304ss will not be hurt by wrap!! its impossible to hold moisture!! lol its fully heated up and hot within 5 min. wheres the moisture going to stay at? haha
OK, just going off what every website on the internet says about wraps. I'm sure stainless is more durable for sure.
Z OH 6 is offline   Reply With Quote