Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-11-2022, 11:02 AM   #15
CW3SF

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro ZL1 M6
The biggest benefit to the Adm tank is that it very quickly eliminates any air in the circuit. After I R&R’d my supercharger for porting it only took a few short minutes to completely burp the system. All I had to do was start the car and let it idle with the cap removed from the Adm tank and you can see all the air burping out immediately. The little bit of added capacity is a bonus.
Kong Stage X Port, NW103, LPE HPFP, XDI +30 Injectors, ARH Headers, Flex Fuel, JMS Booster, AWE Touring, Elite E2-X CC. Stock heads, stock cam, stock pulleys: Tuned by KingLT1. 740whp Uncorrected on e50
CW3SF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2022, 05:51 PM   #16
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCAL.M6.ZLE View Post
Looking CLEAN!
Cant wait to hear your beast!!!
When can you make it out to Escondido Cars and Coffee?
Soon hopefully, been busy lately with other priorities and the car is getting retuned. The adm only adds 1/2-3/4 quart of capacity, if your looking for more then definitely don't get this tank. I only added to make burping the supercharger easier
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 04:52 PM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
CSP used to make a trunk tank that was 5 or 6-gallons I think. It’s probably not what you’re looking for, but might be worth revisiting. Maybe. Maybe not.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:29 AM   #18
KamZL1

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evansa22 View Post
Soon hopefully, been busy lately with other priorities and the car is getting retuned. The adm only adds 1/2-3/4 quart of capacity, if your looking for more then definitely don't get this tank. I only added to make burping the supercharger easier
will the cordes 1 gallon also serve the same purpose for getting the air out?
KamZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:06 AM   #19
SOCAL.M6.ZLE
Having FUN in the SUN...

Drives: 2022 M6 ZL1 1LE
I got home from a 1/2 of driving in warm weather (driving easy for the most part) and was surprised how hot everything was. Even the current expansion tank was almost too hot to touch... makes me wonder how effective the under-hood tanks even are?

I can understand the benefits of putting a larger tank in the trunk... but believe the fender tank would be just as effective...

Thoughts?
ALL the RED Rear End BMR Goodies + JRE Terminator Cam Package + Remote Tuning and Moral Support from TED @ JRE
BMR Motor Mounts + DMS Front HX + FIC 30's + APEX SM.10's + 305/345 R888R's = 770rwhp 785rwtq @E50 13.5psi
SOCAL.M6.ZLE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:19 AM   #20
ZL1Atlanta

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I got home from a 1/2 of driving in warm weather (driving easy for the most part) and was surprised how hot everything was. Even the current expansion tank was almost too hot to touch... makes me wonder how effective the under-hood tanks even are?

I can understand the benefits of putting a larger tank in the trunk... but believe the fender tank would be just as effective...

Thoughts?
Trunk tank does a few things that you won't get with a fender tank. One is capacity, typically they have ~6 gallons of water. The more water you have, the longer it takes to get it excessively hot. Another is just keeping the bulk of the water away from the source of the heat. For those that drag race, it is much easier to dump multiple bags of ice in a trunk tank before making a pass. I get that's a specific use case.

The last thing, and this 'could' be added to any tank I suppose, but it is easier to add a larger pump to move the water faster in the rear. The stock pump is very weak in comparison, and at least in 2017, doesn't run 100% of the time the car is on. They might have changed this in later years.

Built by Vengeance Racing, tuned by Elite Tuned
ZL1Atlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 11:07 AM   #21
Evansa22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamZL1 View Post
will the cordes 1 gallon also serve the same purpose for getting the air out?
Yes, I believe any tank added should bleed the system of air. But the tank should be the highest point to achieve it. At least my understanding
Old 06-13-2022, 11:12 AM   #22
Evansa22

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW3SF View Post
The biggest benefit to the Adm tank is that it very quickly eliminates any air in the circuit. After I R&R’d my supercharger for porting it only took a few short minutes to completely burp the system. All I had to do was start the car and let it idle with the cap removed from the Adm tank and you can see all the air burping out immediately. The little bit of added capacity is a bonus.
You can also jump the relay with a fused jumper to run the pump while the engine is off to making bleeding easier
Old 06-13-2022, 12:26 PM   #23
Camaro1973

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Quote:
Do you have any install photos?
This is all I have.
Attached Images

LME 377 LT4 Short Block | Magnuson 2650 80mm upper w/13% lower (9.06) | DSX Lid & Valve Covers | CSP Custom Cam w/32% fuel lobe | CID Heads | NW 103mm TB | Roto Fab Big Gulp | CSP 2" Headers w/Green GESI Gen 2 Cats | Borla 3" Full Cat Back w/ S-Type| Mighty Mouse Wild Catch Can| Custom Holley Low side Fuel system| TooHigh PSI Port Injection w/Holley Controller | Forced Inductions Interchiller w/2 gallon fender tank | TK Performance built 10L90
Camaro1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 07:52 PM   #24
synolimit

Drives: 22 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:

Thoughts?
well these bigger tanks aren't going to do much. they are metal and hold a lot of fluid. once up to temp which takes what? 20 mins of driving? it'll KEEP that temp probably for a very long time! a large plastic tank or even the small plastic tanks like that ADM are probably best.
synolimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 07:58 PM   #25
synolimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Atlanta View Post
Trunk tank does a few things that you won't get with a fender tank. One is capacity, typically they have ~6 gallons of water. The more water you have, the longer it takes to get it excessively hot. Another is just keeping the bulk of the water away from the source of the heat. For those that drag race, it is much easier to dump multiple bags of ice in a trunk tank before making a pass. I get that's a specific use case.

The last thing, and this 'could' be added to any tank I suppose, but it is easier to add a larger pump to move the water faster in the rear. The stock pump is very weak in comparison, and at least in 2017, doesn't run 100% of the time the car is on. They might have changed this in later years.
adding ice right into the tank? wouldn't that contaminate the fluid and clog the cores? maybe freeze your own coolant or get it down to freezing or freeze distilled water?
Old 06-13-2022, 08:16 PM   #26
ZL1Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
adding ice right into the tank? wouldn't that contaminate the fluid and clog the cores? maybe freeze your own coolant or get it down to freezing or freeze distilled water?
Yeah, it quickly turns into just cold water. This has been a common practice for racers for many years. Over 3 years with my current supercharger doing this and no issues. You’ll see TT Lambos, Vipers, etc. dumping ice in for their A2W at the track as well. In the winter it’s good to mix in anti-freeze if it sits where it’s under freezing.

Old 06-13-2022, 08:38 PM   #27
synolimit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1Atlanta View Post
Yeah, it quickly turns into just cold water. This has been a common practice for racers for many years. Over 3 years with my current supercharger doing this and no issues. You’ll see TT Lambos, Vipers, etc. dumping ice in for their A2W at the track as well. In the winter it’s good to mix in anti-freeze if it sits where it’s under freezing.
just sounds terrible! ice is so dirty, not to mention the electrolyte build up. i mean 3 years isnt long but a clogged core will happen. look at any hot water tank or an older radiator cut in half. the scales huge.
Old 06-13-2022, 08:48 PM   #28
ZL1Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by synolimit View Post
just sounds terrible! ice is so dirty, not to mention the electrolyte build up. i mean 3 years isnt long but a clogged core will happen. look at any hot water tank or an older radiator cut in half. the scales huge.
I mean, we are talking about performance and racing. The very nature of that is pushing the limits of parts. That said, I’ve yet to hear of an issue icing a car down. I’ve had this exact tank/water pump setup for 5 years across 3 different superchargers. Had an under the hood tank on my CTS-V prior to this that also got ice for 3 years.

Would using frozen distilled water be better, sure. Just like not tuning the car to make 6, 7, 800+ RWHP on stock internals would be better for them. I have gone through 30 lbs of ice at events, so it’s not practical to freeze that much ahead of time.