Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-09-2022, 11:36 AM   #15
Mark0Maro

Drives: Camaro
Thanks again guys! Just hope I don’t need to shop around. If they refuse to do it.

I know of a couple local Chevy and one Cadillac dealerships with good online reviews.
Mark0Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 11:36 AM   #16
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
If it is early enough, it is a triple trans flush.

TL : DR GM put the wrong transmission fluid in the cars, and it has the wrong viscosity. Which causes the shudder and can damage the Torque Converter if letting it go to long.
It's no longer a triple flush, that procedure was superseded in early 2019 by a single flush using some special transmission flush equipment that dealerships also received. You can read the TSB mentioned above, it's as long as the old country road , but has all the info.

To OP: if this happened immediately after leaving the garage, it could have been flat spots, but if not, and especially if you were cruising at 45-55 mph in 7th or 8th gear when you had the "rumble strip" experience, it was indeed the beginnings of the shudder.

Either way, get that flush done ASAP (it's free), or you can soon kiss your torque converter goodbye.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 03:21 PM   #17
Mark0Maro

I might try the Cadillac dealership first because they work on more expensive cars than the Camaros.

I’m gonna print out that service bulletin too. Bring it with.
Old 05-09-2022, 09:55 PM   #18
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0Maro View Post
I might try the Cadillac dealership first because they work on more expensive cars than the Camaros.

I’m gonna print out that service bulletin too. Bring it with.
Great plan! Taking the TSB printout is good too, although the good service writers know all about this and won't give you grief.

We have two Caddies as our DD's, and they go to an awesome Caddy dealer here for all service. When I took my wife's CTS in for the TSB, I asked the writer how much it would cost for the TSB on my SS. It was still under PTW at the time, but I figured if I got grief from the Chevy dealer I was gonna pay for it myself and have it done at Caddy since they know us there. I told him straight up it wasn't actually shuddering, but I wanted to do it as preventative and asked what it would cost if I had to pay. He just said if Chevy dealer won't do it, "bring it here and I'll take care of it for you"!
In the end the Chevy dealer did it under PTW.

And yes, as everyone has said, it feels like rumble strips with light accel while doing 30-60 or so. I store my SS in winters like you, put 40 PSI in the tires and park it on carpet squares, and have never had flat spots when taking it out in the Spring.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 02:51 PM   #19
L2SS455

Drives: VOM 2022 2SS
GM Hit With Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission Lawsuit, reported from gm authority 5/9/22.

Any correlation. Plaintiffs in this suit say GM has also worked to actively cover up the alleged problems and won’t honor past warranty agreements, despite the transmissions being covered by the automaker’s express warranty. Fine print in the warranty indicates GM’s warranty covers all manufacturing defects except for those related to “slight noise, vibrations, or other normal characteristics of the vehicle due to materials or workmanship occurring during the warranty period.”
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/05...ssion-lawsuit/
L2SS455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 03:47 PM   #20
FlukeSS

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by L2SS455 View Post
GM Hit With Eight-Speed Automatic Transmission Lawsuit, reported from gm authority 5/9/22.

Any correlation. Plaintiffs in this suit say GM has also worked to actively cover up the alleged problems and won’t honor past warranty agreements, despite the transmissions being covered by the automaker’s express warranty. Fine print in the warranty indicates GM’s warranty covers all manufacturing defects except for those related to “slight noise, vibrations, or other normal characteristics of the vehicle due to materials or workmanship occurring during the warranty period.”
https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/05...ssion-lawsuit/
So in other words, they knew about it and covered their ass ahead of time.
2020 Camaro 2SS A10 | Rebuilt by: CBI Street Cars | 2" SE LT Headers | 3" SE X-Pipe | 3" MBRP Axle-Back | Pri & Sec Cat Deletes | K&N Typhoon CAI | LT2 Ported | 95mm ZR1 TB | DOD Delete | BTR Stage I Cam | ECM, TCM & E85 |Tuned by: Shane Hinds | Dyno: 510 rwhp 472 rwtq
FlukeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 04:17 PM   #21
Mark0Maro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlukeSS View Post
So in other words, they knew about it and covered their ass ahead of time.
Exactly lol
Old 05-10-2022, 04:20 PM   #22
Mark0Maro

I just hate anyone working on my car and some dealerships are some of the worst. Some worse than a 3rd party shop. But I’ll take my car in soon. Like I said I did a quick 100 mph run before the stumble happened and went away.
I’ll get the fluid changed in the next couple weeks. I don’t drive it much anyways. So it won’t get worse sitting in the garage collecting dust.
Old 06-08-2022, 09:35 AM   #23
Mark0Maro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Great plan! Taking the TSB printout is good too, although the good service writers know all about this and won't give you grief.
I finally made an appointment to bring my Camaro into a Cadillac dealership. And the service manager said they would fix it but they need to duplicate the shudder problem. I told him it might not shudder. Because it just starting doing it. And he claims there’s another tsb that says the car HAS to show signs of the problem or they don’t have to flush and change the fluid.

He said they fixed a Cadillac that had the problem really bad and said all they had to fix was flushing/changing the fluid. And I said it sounds like the torque converter was toast. And he said it wasn’t. Lol.

I know I’ll probably have to pay out of pocket for this. If they can’t duplicate the problem
Because nowadays With high inflation, high gas prices, low new car inventory, etc…dealerships are fussy with warranty claims

I just re-read the tsb and it says “ Diagnosis beyond the customer compliant is not required if vehicle was built prior to production dates indicated above.”

I assume “compliant” is a misprint. Should say “complaint”

I could take it to another dealership if they don’t fix it under warranty but they’ll probably tell me the same.

Edit: A couple years ago I bought a road hazard warranty from a Dodge dealership and they wouldn’t fix or replace my wheel and replace a tire. I curbed the wheel and there was a small slice in the sidewall of the tire.
The girl working there said “I’d drive it like that”. Lol….
Just shows how they try to weasel out of honoring road hazard warranties.

Last edited by Mark0Maro; 06-08-2022 at 10:14 AM.
Old 06-08-2022, 10:35 AM   #24
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Here's the GM techlink on this topic:
https://gm-techlink.com/?p=11127
As others have said, they no longer need the confirmatory measurements. Customer complaint should be enough.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 01:38 PM   #25
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark0Maro View Post
And he claims there’s another tsb that says the car HAS to show signs of the problem or they don’t have to flush and change the fluid.
Make him show you the "newer" TSB that says they have to verify it, otherwise he's full of ***t! When people pull this crap on me, I call their bluff and watch them stammer while trying to cover their lie, then I walk out and tell them I'll never do business with them and recommend to everyone I know not to. I don't know why they'd care about verifying it anyway, they get reimbursed by GM for the work, and it's income for their service dept no matter who pays for it!
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 09:07 AM   #26
Mark0Maro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
Make him show you the "newer" TSB that says they have to verify it, otherwise he's full of ***t! When people pull this crap on me, I call their bluff and watch them stammer while trying to cover their lie, then I walk out and tell them I'll never do business with them and recommend to everyone I know not to. I don't know why they'd care about verifying it anyway, they get reimbursed by GM for the work, and it's income for their service dept no matter who pays for it!
I agree man. Thanks guys.

I Have to wait 2 weeks to bring it in. I think every shop is 2 weeks now since used cars are so expensive.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:08 AM   #27
Mark0Maro

I just hope they don’t run the piss out of my car. I know there’s settings that will show top speed, how many times it went WOT, etc..
Old 06-29-2022, 10:33 AM   #28
kpgreenwell

Drives: 2017 50th anniversary edition v6 A8
I just had this TSB 18-NA-355 done yesterday 6-28-2022 and was covered under warranty no questions asked.
kpgreenwell is offline   Reply With Quote