Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 06-07-2022, 07:34 PM   #29
ChevyTech77

Drives: Not yet….
Put fuel in it. Low fuel will definitely cause an issue like this. I’ve had it happen to me a few times when autoX 1LEs. Less than 1/4 of a tank means the primary side of the tank was less than half full. That means the pump sock is only in 3ish inches of fuel when the vehicle is stationary.
ChevyTech77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 05:50 AM   #30
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
My LT1 M6 is 2 tenths faster than my 2016 M6 SS with the same tires and Rotofab setup. In the SS, lots of 12.3s. But no faster.

With the LT1 it ran a good number of 12.10s. For sure in good air the LT1 would have touched the 11s.
Wait a minute, with your 2016 M6 SS, you claimed 12.354@115.92 for the bone stock car back in the day (posted it to the fast list). So, you are now claiming that you added the M/T DRs on aftermarket wheels plus a Rotofab (what you had on your LT1) and they gained absolutely nothing on your 2016 SS? What I remember from 11/2016 (after JRE modded your car), when I saw your 2016 SS in person, was that you had the old NT555R tires, and frankly I think those tires were not a good choice on an M6 car, certainly not as good as an ET S/S tire would have been. So I think that you are mistaken about your LT1 being 2 tenths faster with the same tires and Rotofab, because I doubt that you actually HAD those same tires on the 2016 SS before I saw it. Therefore, I don't think that you actually made a true apples to apples comparison of those 2 cars in mild bolt-on trim.

Listen, I know you are a huge fanboy for the LT1 model, but get real on the differences. LT1 model is listed as 66 lbs lighter than an SS model. We are talking bolt-on cars here, so then the skinnier rear wheels/tires difference goes away, because both cars are now using the same rears, so the weight savings is likely now closer to ~60 lbs. That much static weight is worth hundreths of a second on the dragstrip (maybe .05~.06), not anywhere near 2 tenths of a second, in a 3600 lb car.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 05:57 AM   #31
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTech77 View Post
Put fuel in it. Low fuel will definitely cause an issue like this. I’ve had it happen to me a few times when autoX 1LEs. Less than 1/4 of a tank means the primary side of the tank was less than half full. That means the pump sock is only in 3ish inches of fuel when the vehicle is stationary.
He is drag racing, so no cornering G forces to worry about. Therefore at 1/4 tank, he already has plenty of fuel in it, from my experience on the dragstrip.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:09 AM   #32
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
Therefore at 1/4 tank, he already has plenty of fuel in it, from my experience on the dragstrip.
Car has saddle tank and empties left side before right.
Full - both left and right full
3/4 - left half full, right full
1/2 - left empty, right full
1/4 - left empty, right half full
Yes, there will be some transfer in cornering.

Agree, fuel pump is plenty submerged at 1/4 tank reading.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 08:37 AM   #33
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
The OP would have be doing a very long burnout to overheat so much to affect his ET and Trap that much.
Just trying to spit ball ideas off of the limited facts OP has given us, with no video or no data logs to look at.

OP said he lost 3/10ths on his 60 time, so on the top end that might end up costing him almost a half second or more. Need more info from the OP
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:16 AM   #34
BlackV6RS

Drives: Wild Cherry 2021 Camaro LT1 RS
It felt like the car was taking off in a much higher gear, not cutting out, just super lazy first couple of gears. I have attached two time slips, I couldn't find my 12.2 pass but this was my first and next to last pass of the night for comparison
Attached Images

BlackV6RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 07:48 AM   #35
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Well I am going to need someone with more Camaro experience to chime in, because yeah it really fell on it's face.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 09:25 AM   #36
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Well I am going to need someone with more Camaro experience to chime in, because yeah it really fell on it's face.
With that much of a power loss, it should be very noticeable on the street. Go out and test the car on a back road and then do some more WOT pulls starting in 2nd gear and let it up shift WOT thru 3rd into 4th , 5th.... does the car feel normal? Pretty basic stuff, if the car feels way down on power it will be easy for a tuner to see and tell you whats wrong.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 11:44 AM   #37
BlackV6RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
With that much of a power loss, it should be very noticeable on the street. Go out and test the car on a back road and then do some more WOT pulls starting in 2nd gear and let it up shift WOT thru 3rd into 4th , 5th.... does the car feel normal? Pretty basic stuff, if the car feels way down on power it will be easy for a tuner to see and tell you whats wrong.
Would a dealership be able to see what is going on, since the car is still under warranty?
Old 06-09-2022, 12:32 PM   #38
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackV6RS View Post
Would a dealership be able to see what is going on, since the car is still under warranty?
Only if the car is noticeably down on power (make sure the car didnt accidently get switched into into eco-mode or rain and snow mode by a wrong twist of the dial) A dealers service personel probably would never drive the car hard enough to notice a power loss. Also if you notice no power loss when testing on the street than the car is probably running as it should.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 04:34 PM   #39
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
I haven't yet seen it mentioned.... are you sure you didn't have sub-par gas or that ambient temps didn't climb so high that the computer pulled timing to prevent pre-detonation?

The V8 is tuned for 93 Octane at something like 85 degrees ambient or lower. If Octane is lower or temp is higher, you may well not get full rated power.

Last edited by N Camarolina; 06-09-2022 at 06:05 PM.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 08:12 AM   #40
BlackV6RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by N Camarolina View Post
I haven't yet seen it mentioned.... are you sure you didn't have sub-par gas or that ambient temps didn't climb so high that the computer pulled timing to prevent pre-detonation?

The V8 is tuned for 93 Octane at something like 85 degrees ambient or lower. If Octane is lower or temp is higher, you may well not get full rated power.
I have thought about maybe that I got some bad gas, and the lower the fuel got as the night went along the worse it got. The odd thing was it didn't run poorly (cutting out or bucking) just felt way down on power.

I will be going back on the 17th with at least a half tank of fuel and see how she does. I can only get 91 around where I live, wish I could try 93