Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 10-01-2021, 06:07 PM   #29
Idaho2018GTPremium

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron2ss View Post
I use "Garage Mate" which has an app that I use on my phone.
Sounds like using a garage opener phone app would suck. Having to get your phone out, unlock it, open the app, then wait for it to load, then hit the button. Possibly even have it sign you out sometimes unexpectedly so you have to sign back in while sitting in your drive way. No thanks. I prefer an easy reach to a single button on the garage door opener that came with my garage door. One press, doesn't even really require a look over.

Past:
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1, MR, and A10
2007 MazdaSpeed3
1995 Pontiac Trans Am
1987 Camaro Z28

Idaho2018GTPremium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 11:38 PM   #30
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Vert
Could you connect the phone to the car via android auto and then put the app on the Android Auto Screen to get it to work in the car? Talking a 2020 2SS convertible...Just asking as I would invest in the wireless tech for the garage door opener to make this happen...
Old Car: 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange 2LT/RS
mrgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 12:48 AM   #31
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Sounds like using a garage opener phone app would suck. Having to get your phone out, unlock it, open the app, then wait for it to load, then hit the button. Possibly even have it sign you out sometimes unexpectedly so you have to sign back in while sitting in your drive way. No thanks. I prefer an easy reach to a single button on the garage door opener that came with my garage door. One press, doesn't even really require a look over.
No it does not suck.
Phone is left unlocked in my shirt pocket or in the cup holder. All I do is say "Hey Siri, open Garage Mate" and the door either opens or closes depending on what state it is in. I have a shortcut on the phone that allows Siri to access the app and the app itself has an auto click feature. All pretty easy and painless. What could be easier than a voice command??
Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 05:26 AM   #32
jamala00

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho2018GTPremium View Post
Agreed... It is a PITA.... That is exactly what I have to do if I want to use my phone app. I'ts quicker for me to just get off my motorcycle and punch the code into the opener. I really need to just stop being lazy and add an opener into the faring of my Harley. They sell them, just have not done it.

Quote:
No it does not suck.
Phone is left unlocked in my shirt pocket or in the cup holder. All I do is say "Hey Siri, open Garage Mate" and the door either opens or closes depending on what state it is in. I have a shortcut on the phone that allows Siri to access the app and the app itself has an auto click feature. All pretty easy and painless. What could be easier than a voice command??
I don't have a shirt pocket or a cup holder on my motorcycle. My phone stays in my pants pocket. That being said, what do you mean by your phone stays "unlocked". You mean you have no pass code on it, or you mean it's always on? In my car if I have my phone connected via Android Auto I can use voice commands. If my phone is in my pocket not connected via Android Auto, I have to pull it out, unlock it, then I can use voice commands. I do not connect my phone via Android Auto unless I have to use Google Maps. (Very Seldom) Otherwise all I do is connect it Via BlueTooth so I can stream Pandora.

Last edited by jamala00; 10-02-2021 at 05:38 AM.
jamala00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 07:31 AM   #33
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post
I don't have a shirt pocket or a cup holder on my motorcycle. My phone stays in my pants pocket.
Just start screaming commands at your crotch - give the neighbors something to talk about

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 08:29 AM   #34
jamala00

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Just start screaming commands at your crotch - give the neighbors something to talk about
... LOL.. OMG too funny. That gave me a good belly laugh.
Old 10-02-2021, 11:25 AM   #35
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jofu View Post
What does "We see too far" mean? Looks like it's part of your sig, but I got no idea what that even means LOL.

Geoff
I'm guessing it's from posting from his phone. Better than reading that Tapatalk was involved, I guess. No idea what he means by it, though.

Norm
Old 10-02-2021, 11:35 AM   #36
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Go look at a regular Craftsman remote. This is what I did. I put an gauge block that was 1mm less than the thickness of the visor and mashed it down with a SMOOTH vise. Added the shrink tube for friction and it worked great for the year I owned the car.
DIY solutions for the win.

Norm
Old 10-02-2021, 11:45 AM   #37
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamala00 View Post

I don't have a shirt pocket or a cup holder on my motorcycle. My phone stays in my pants pocket. That being said, what do you mean by your phone stays "unlocked". You mean you have no pass code on it, or you mean it's always on? In my car if I have my phone connected via Android Auto I can use voice commands. If my phone is in my pocket not connected via Android Auto, I have to pull it out, unlock it, then I can use voice commands. I do not connect my phone via Android Auto unless I have to use Google Maps. (Very Seldom) Otherwise all I do is connect it Via BlueTooth so I can stream Pandora.
Well, I thought we were dealing with Camaros, not motorcycles.

I don't have an Android phone. Yes I have a passcode, but iPhone has a feature in settings that you can configure how long before the phone auto locks or set to never auto lock. I set it to "Never" when I am in the Camaro.

My iPhone connects to the Garage Mate garage door opener device which is connected to the opener itself via bluetooth and is not connecting through the car.

Last edited by Ron2ss; 10-02-2021 at 12:03 PM. Reason: add more info
Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 12:44 PM   #38
Ajs16400

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARCamaroGuy View Post
My visor is too thin for my opener. Do you have an aftermarket remote? If so, which one?
Flash to pass was awesome when I had it. You flashed your brights twice and it would open. Has a transmittor that you wired into the lights. I am sure it would with any switch though.
Ajs16400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2021, 01:14 PM   #39
jamala00

Quote:
Well, I thought we were dealing with Camaros, not motorcycles.

I don't have an Android phone. Yes I have a passcode, but iPhone has a feature in settings that you can configure how long before the phone auto locks or set to never auto lock. I set it to "Never" when I am in the Camaro.

My iPhone connects to the Garage Mate garage door opener device which is connected to the opener itself via bluetooth and is not connecting through the car.
Was just giving a couple different scenarios where it does "suck" to use an app on your phone to operate a garage door. One on the bike and one in the Camaro.
Old 10-03-2021, 08:52 AM   #40
HypeBlueZL1

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
Quote:

I don't care who you are or what you drive...that's funny right there.
HypeBlueZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:37 PM   #41
Mike7409

Drives: Chevy LT1, Chevy 1500, masariti GT
Will the older visor with homelink work on the new camaro?
I was able to add it to my vette by replacing the visor
Mike7409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 09:38 PM   #42
KyBoy

Drives: '17 2SS H50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike7409 View Post
Will the older visor with homelink work on the new camaro?
I was able to add it to my vette by replacing the visor
Homelink isn't in the visor.

We can see too far.
Contacted Becky - 7/1
2000 - 7/5
3000 - 7/6
3000 - 7/11 TPW 8/1
3100 - 7/18 TPW 8/1
3300 - 7/20
3400 - 7/21
Built - 8/2 - PS 1,182/1 of 699US
4300 - 8/3