Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-29-2021, 06:10 AM   #15
Puddin

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfall ss1le View Post
That’s how I feel too & I have no problem with keeping this car forever. Luckily I like Dodge too & we all know their answer to everything is slapping more motor in it lol. If GM keeps going this way I’ll be Mopar only.
Yea but they're headed the same direction as is Ford.
Puddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:23 AM   #16
gotroost

Drives: 2021 Crush ZL1 1LE
I am just going to keep my old diesel truck and buy a big generator to put in the bed. Diesel should be around for commercial use for a while and I can drive around and charge up the e-cars that run out of juice in the rural areas. Sounds like a money maker for me and they get to smell diesel while I charge them up.

gotroost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 06:47 AM   #17
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
People voted for this change without really thinking about the consequences of putting these folks in office so we will get what we voted for even though some of us didn’t. Welcome to the new USA. I guess I will keep my ZL1 until my end of life even though like someone replied, gasoline will probably be $15.00 a gallon or non existent to us common folks.
Old 01-29-2021, 06:52 AM   #18
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Our future consists of "blackouts" and rolling electric cutbacks. The grid in this country cannot handle all the future electric cars that will be produced. Imagine right now, just half the country turning on their electric dryers for an hour. Think the grid will handle that? NOT!

I spent over 30 years in the the electric power industry and I can assure you, this electric grid is in dire need of updating. Problem is the electric companies are not making any updates, in fact they are closing down fossil plants. Where is all this new generation going to come from? Wind turbines and solar are NO where near enough capacity to accommodate this increase. To fund this grid expansion will require TRILLIONS in investment and no one has even started to step up to the plate.

So GM, go ahead with your plan and HOPE you can sell cars to people that can't get enough electricity to charge them. I have bought my last new cars to last me.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:51 AM   #19
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by LT4Greg View Post
People voted for this change without really thinking about the consequences of putting these folks in office so we will get what we voted for even though some of us didn’t. Welcome to the new USA. I guess I will keep my ZL1 until my end of life even though like someone replied, gasoline will probably be $15.00 a gallon or non existent to us common folks.
Well, when the time comes... we can get together with our "fuel guzzling" cars and reminisce the times our country didn't consist of a bunch of touchy-feely idiots. Perhaps we could even go halfsies on the $15 gas?
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:52 AM   #20
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Quote:
Originally Posted by puppykat33 View Post
well gents its not the performance aspect most have a problem with. The ISSUE MOST people have a problem with is the gov mandating this EV crap on the premis that it is better for the environment which if you have done any real research into lithium you would know it is in fact NOT better. It takes massive amounts of energy to properly dispose of, and it and puts off toxic gases that are worse for the environment than the emission put out by car engines. The reason you don't hear about it is that no one is effectively disposing of these lithium battery's yet, they are just piling up... I think china has some 5 million tons per yer produced and just sitting around because they cant dispose of it properly. Not to mention the lithium mines are horrific.. so this is the problem, when the government say its better and low information masses of people just buy what they are selling without actually looking into it.

The problem with agendas pushed like this is the people pushing them rarely ever consider the 2nd 3rd 4th order long term consequences of them. So lets take California's no gas engines by 2025/2035 and play a game. 1st order effect= all gas engine producers/manufactures in the state will half to close or convert resulting a loss of jobs, Gas engine aftermarket parts industries again loss of jobs. 2nd = gas stations will now half to convert to charging stations/gas stations in turn the price goes up of they simply close because they cant afford to keep up again loss of jobs. 3rd=price/cost for truckers delivering goods to the state will go up due to increased fuel cost in the state so now the price of everything goes up. 4th California already has an unstable power grid which cannot keep up with current demand at times so where are they going to find all the extra power so ppl can charge their cars at night? 5th since we have established the 1000% increase in demand for power where will it come from? are they going to build a nuclear plant? Hydro? ??? All horrible for the enviroment.. ALL of which defeat the clean green power initiate which they are trying to accomplish. not to mention how toxic lithium production/disposal is
Wake up people and research for your self.

I could go into who holds controlling interest in lithium ie stock holders from mining to charging stations and i bet you will find a lot of senators with stock holdings in these markets but this sounds like conspiracy theory and i like to just stick with FACTS
FACT= EV is not better for the environment..

FACT= since most of the us power comes from fossil fuels you are actually putting off more pollution charging your car than if you had a regular engine. Dont believe me? go look it up.

Speculation=But i bet this EV push it is better for someones wallet..
"The more the plans fail, the more the planner's plan."- Ronald Reagan
Old 01-29-2021, 09:09 AM   #21
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95 imp View Post
"The more the plans fail, the more the planner's plan."- Ronald Reagan
so well put and so true today.... Take Covid as an example of that...
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 09:11 AM   #22
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Well, when the time comes... we can get together with our "fuel guzzling" cars and reminisce the times our country didn't consist of a bunch of touchy-feely idiots. Perhaps we could even go halfsies on the $15 gas?
You bet zaimer!
Old 01-29-2021, 09:12 AM   #23
c4racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
I for one will be driving all mine for as long as I am physically able.
regardless where gas prices end up. And maybe there is a business opportunity in there somewhere - I'll be looking for that angle most likely...
Old 01-29-2021, 09:13 AM   #24
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by c4racer View Post
so well put and so true today.... Take Covid as an example of that...

With COVID we threw out literally everything we knew about pandemic response, virology, immunology, healthcare, and public health and decided to run some fascinating experiments on non-consenting subjects (the populace).

These experiments have been massive failures across all but a few sparsely populated remote islands.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:42 AM   #25
V8 Firebird

Drives: ⚡Electric TM3 ⚡
I sure Ford and Stellantis will tell you same thing in future too, their plan is going BEV in future. If you still want to stay gas engine, just live Japanese automakers. They don't really want to going in BEV world.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:43 AM   #26
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Firebird View Post
I sure Ford and Stellantis will tell you same thing in future too, their plan is going BEV in future. If you still want to stay gas engine, just live Japanese automakers. They don't really want to going in BEV world.

Mazda is doing some really fascinating stuff with SkyActiv, I like mazdas.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:49 AM   #27
c4racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
With COVID we threw out literally everything we knew about pandemic response, virology, immunology, healthcare, and public health and decided to run some fascinating experiments on non-consenting subjects (the populace).

These experiments have been massive failures across all but a few sparsely populated remote islands.
And no surprise - the places that have failed the most had the most drastic response, and the response to the failure is to continue doubling down on these experiments to no end in sight.... To which sane people eventually just give up and move out of the state....

Old 01-29-2021, 10:28 AM   #28
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I think everyone sees the EV idea as a simple solution to the problem of limited resources and increased emissions. Obviously it is not so simple.

Hopefully it doesn't take 30 years to realize this like it did with the idea of community mandated plastic recycling. Always a loser idea to anyone who understands plastics. But it made people feel better. Now they are trying to blame the petroleum industry for "convincing people recycling was good." Total BS. People wanted to feel good about buying cases of bottled water every week. Now they will buy monster SUV's with batteries that last 10 years.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote