Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Phastek Performance

Old 07-14-2021, 07:29 PM   #1
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
help with seat belts

needs some help, after my first day at the track my instructor suggested getting a harness. The one he had in his BMW attached to the back seat belts, the RH one came over the top of the Right shoulder and the left one came around your lap. I searched everywhere and cannot find the kind he had, does anyone have any idea what I am talking about and where I can find them.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:26 PM   #2
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
Kinda sounds like a 3 point racing harness. Try searching those, not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for.
Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 11:02 PM   #3
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Scroth makes them right??
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 07:15 AM   #4
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
needs some help, after my first day at the track my instructor suggested getting a harness. The one he had in his BMW attached to the back seat belts, the RH one came over the top of the Right shoulder and the left one came around your lap. I searched everywhere and cannot find the kind he had, does anyone have any idea what I am talking about and where I can find them.
You may be thinking of the Schroth QuickFit Pro https://www.schrothracing.com/item/s...ning-Harnesses

However, it is not designed / approved for our cars. There are several threads discussing harness options, but the consensus seems to be that they're not recommended without a 4 point roll cage and different seats.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 02:41 PM   #5
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Thanks for the feed back, Guess more research is needed. Looking at the Rallye Cross 4 point but then I see where some sanctioned events won't allow them.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2021, 02:47 PM   #6
Heartbreaker

Drives: 2020 Camaro ZL-1 1LE
Simpson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpevans View Post
Simpson makes a Hans Device made for the three point OEM seatbelts.
Old 07-15-2021, 08:48 PM   #7
N Camarolina

Drives: 2021 2SS 1LE
The OP is asking about a harness, not a Hans or equivalent.

Brings up a good point though. To the OP: If you go down the path of installing a harness to restrain your body, you would be very wise to add a Hans device to prevent breaking your neck in event of a forward crash.
N Camarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2021, 11:05 AM   #8
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
unless you want to do a half cage/harness bar and seats/harness dont do it
Old 07-16-2021, 12:53 PM   #9
weemus

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Can't use the quick fit Schroth ASM or equivalent harnesses in our car. Only way to go is:
1. 2 seats that support a proper harness
2. 2 harnesses
3. Harness bar (at a minimum), might as well go half cage
4. Might as well go with a neck restraint (Hans)

I have had others say the same due to the pace a 1LE can run. Its a personal choice and depends on your long term goals as well as how much you intend to track.
weemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:39 AM   #10
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Sort of going to a full harness you can lock the seat belt by pulling it all the way out and letting it retract. Do this with the seat moved back some and then move the seat up to lock yourself in place. The HANS you can use with the 3 point belts is the Simpson Hybrid-S, which is not cheap but works great with the 3 point or 5/6 point. I used this method for a couple years before go to a racing seat and 6 point