Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 09-09-2018, 12:23 PM   #211
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS50 View Post
Man, I don't get some of you.

Some facts:

Average age of a Tesla owner is 53.

Average income of a Tesla owner is $271,000.

So, these mysterious millennials...

Do you know they spend MORE time researching a car purchase than previous generations?

Do you know what their #1 car brand is?

AUDI

#2 HONDA
#3 MERCEDES
#4 TOYOTA
#5 BMW

By 2020 they will account for 40% of ALL Car sales.

How many AUDI commercials do you see? How many of them are pushing basic needs? How many are highlighting spectacular aspects of driving one?

How does this ad make you feel?

As for Elon Musk, there are those who want him to be the next Steve Jobs, and it is not millennials, but he is nothing more than PT Barnum, at best.

He has sold more flamethrowers than he has cars.

In fact, the entire run of Tesla is equal to the first generation Scion xB (250K).

Tesla is not the issue.

It is GM's inability to communicate.

There is nothing to argue about. The proof is in the #'s.

Ford & Dodge have been hammering away with ads which have turned into sales.

Chevy has not & it has lost its market dominance (sales) in this pony car sector.
Great post! Now why wouldn't they put that out out in the US? Not understanding the theory
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:59 PM   #212
6sigma

Drives: rally green LT1 manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Great post! Now why wouldn't they put that out out in the US? Not understanding the theory
No kidding, that's a really good ad! Update that for the US and it would do great. There are so many people that don't know the 6th gen is new or how it performs.
6sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 02:06 PM   #213
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:

Some facts:

Do you know they spend MORE time researching a car purchase than previous generations?

AUDI

#2 HONDA
#3 MERCEDES
#4 TOYOTA
#5 BMW

How many AUDI commercials do you see? How many of them are pushing basic needs? How many are highlighting spectacular aspects of driving one?

As for Elon Musk, there are those who want him to be the next Steve Jobs, and it is not millennials, but he is nothing more than PT Barnum, at best.

In fact, the entire run of Tesla is equal to the first generation Scion xB (250K).

Tesla is not the issue.

Chevy has not & it has lost its market dominance (sales) in this pony car sector.
Audi number one with millennials , that is nonsense and borderline silly . Honda i would believe not Audi , i think you have the wrong age group .As far as Tesla goes you may want to look into the full demographics including used cars , which is likely the direction millennials are going for a car .
When it comes to sales of Pony cars it don't carry any weight as far as performance goes ,most buyers that want a higher performance Camaro will be looking for other numbers then how many sold that month . There is no doubt that the bulk of sales come from the 6cyl and turbo4 and lowering the price like they have done will sell more cars then any 30 second TV ad. I don't care how many commercials i see for a Dodge Challenger it won't change what i think of them .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 04:56 PM   #214
CamaroSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro Convertible SS Fifty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen6_1Le View Post
Audi number one with millennials , that is nonsense and borderline silly . Honda i would believe not Audi , i think you have the wrong age group .As far as Tesla goes you may want to look into the full demographics including used cars , which is likely the direction millennials are going for a car .
When it comes to sales of Pony cars it don't carry any weight as far as performance goes ,most buyers that want a higher performance Camaro will be looking for other numbers then how many sold that month . There is no doubt that the bulk of sales come from the 6cyl and turbo4 and lowering the price like they have done will sell more cars then any 30 second TV ad. I don't care how many commercials i see for a Dodge Challenger it won't change what i think of them .
Yes, AUDI.

This is not antidotal, this comes from actual research. Not even open to argument.

In fact, AUDI has targeted them directly since 2014. In 2016, they saw a 23% increase of millennial buyers. And it has been increasing ever since.

They mostly lease these cars and would never think of keeping a car more than 5 years, unlike boomers who keep them for 10 years.

While all the ads for Challenger will never change your mind, they have changed enough to knock Camaro to 3rd.

The discussion is should GM being advertising Camaro?

So through August 2018 Dodge Challenger was down 1%, Mustang less than 1%, Charger down 10% AND Camaro down 30% (through June).

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...an/1212935002/

Keeping quiet about the Camaro, if it is sales that you want, is not working for the brand.

Unclear how a few on here think otherwise.

CamaroSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 05:08 PM   #215
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:

Some facts:

AUDI

#2 HONDA
#3 MERCEDES
#4 TOYOTA
#5 BMW

Tesla is not the issue.

I’m sure Number3 is reading this and getting ready to say “but this is all wrong and I know so-and-so at GM and they know more than you and blah blah blah”

Hope Number3 is starting to get the point that, maybe sales are hurting because all the folks he knows at GM are actually idiots who should be fired.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 06:59 PM   #216
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Yes, AUDI.

This is not antidotal, this comes from actual research. Not even open to argument.

In fact, AUDI has targeted them directly since 2014. In 2016, they saw a 23% increase of millennial buyers. And it has been increasing ever since.

They mostly lease these cars and would never think of keeping a car more than 5 years, unlike boomers who keep them for 10 years.

While all the ads for Challenger will never change your mind, they have changed enough to knock Camaro to 3rd.

The discussion is should GM being advertising Camaro?

So through August 2018 Dodge Challenger was down 1%, Mustang less than 1%, Charger down 10% AND Camaro down 30% (through June).

https://www.freep.com/story/money/ca...an/1212935002/

Keeping quiet about the Camaro, if it is sales that you want, is not working for the brand.

Unclear how a few on here think otherwise.
You show me the facts if its not open for argument ,otherwise i call BS . Honda i will go with number one . Audi ,BMW ,Mercedes no way, not with the average salary of a millennial where they say it is .
When you are fighting for less then a 2% market and the cost of advertising from production to TV airing, it may not be the most efficient way to spend money . I don't know what Dodge spends on advertising in a year for the Challenger but i bet its millions and millions of dollars more then Chevy spends on Camaro ,which has to cut into the bottom line . I will never understand why people worry about sales , that is Chevy's problem not ours , let AL O worry about it , just because Camaro sells less cars don't don't mean i have to give back 50 HP and my NPP and exchange my Recaros for cloth seats . I have owned 7 Camaros over 37 years and i can tell you they been losing in sales in almost everyone of those 37 years , and over its 51 year history only led in yearly sales a handful of time ,who cares .
Old 09-09-2018, 07:08 PM   #217
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
I’m sure Number3 is reading this and getting ready to say “but this is all wrong and I know so-and-so at GM and they know more than you and blah blah blah”

Hope Number3 is starting to get the point that, maybe sales are hurting because all the folks he knows at GM are actually idiots who should be fired.
Why would they be fired for making the best performance Camaros ever made ?
Old 09-09-2018, 07:10 PM   #218
motorhead

Quote:
You show me the facts if its not open for argument ,otherwise i call BS . Honda i will go with number one . Audi ,BMW ,Mercedes no way, not with the average salary of a millennial where they say it is .
When you are fighting for less then a 2% market and the cost of advertising from production to TV airing, it may not be the most efficient way to spend money . I don't know what Dodge spends on advertising in a year for the Challenger but i bet its millions and millions of dollars more then Chevy spends on Camaro ,which has to cut into the bottom line . I will never understand why people worry about sales , that is Chevy's problem not ours , let AL O worry about it , just because Camaro sells less cars don't don't mean i have to give back 50 HP and my NPP and exchange my Recaros for cloth seats . I have owned 7 Camaros over 37 years and i can tell you they been losing in sales in almost everyone of those 37 years , and over its 51 year history only led in years sales a handful of time ,who cares .
They don't have a 51 years history. They were MIA for eight years. Thank the 05 Mustang for its return. Sales and mostly profits matter if you want to continue to purchase Camaros and Vettes.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:12 PM   #219
motorhead

Quote:
Why would they be fired for making the best performance Camaros ever made ?
I believe he's talking about the marketing geniuses not the folks that designed the car.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:19 PM   #220
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
They don't have a 51 years history. They were MIA for eight years. Thank the 05 Mustang for its return. Sales and mostly profits matter if you want to continue to purchase Camaros and Vettes.
I count every year from 1967 like it or not , its not like the Mustang did much those eight years , well HP did go from 260 to 300 , would still be there if it wasn't for Camaro .
Old 09-09-2018, 07:40 PM   #221
motorhead

Quote:
I count every year from 1967 like it or not , its not like the Mustang did much those eight years , well HP did go from 260 to 300 , would still be there if it wasn't for Camaro .
Count them all you want. They didn't build cars for eight years= no history for eight years.
They never stopped building Mustangs regardless of their performance numbers. You have a very strange way of thinging brother.

I guess the Model T has a 110 year old history then too then.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:25 PM   #222
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Count them all you want. They didn't build cars for eight years= no history for eight years.
They never stopped building Mustangs regardless of their performance numbers. You have a very strange way of thinging brother.

I guess the Model T has a 110 year old history then too then.
Tell that to these guys ..http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/06/...-year-history/
Old 09-09-2018, 08:27 PM   #223
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Even GM doesn’t count 2003-09. Production officially restarted March 2009 as a 2010. All Camaros produced and titled in calendar year 2009 are officially registered as 2010 model year cars.

And it was pretty dicey as to whether the Camaro would even make it back at all. Plans for initial design were hatched officially in 2006, GM went bankrupt in 2008, and it’s overall importance to the campany was scrutinized down to the last nut and bolt by every bean counter from inside GM, and the United States government.

Show me a car titled as a 2005 Camaro and I will acquiesce.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 08:38 PM   #224
Gen6_1Le

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Even GM doesn’t count 2003-09. Production officially restarted March 2009 as a 2010. All Camaros produced and titled in calendar year 2009 are officially registered as 2010 model year cars.

And it was pretty dicey as to whether the Camaro would even make it back at all. Plans for initial design were hatched officially in 2006, GM went bankrupt in 2008, and it’s overall importance to the campany was scrutinized down to the last nut and bolt by every bean counter from inside GM, and the United States government.

Show me a car titled as a 2005 Camaro and I will acquiesce.
Then what does Looking back on the 50-year HISTORY of the chevrolet Camaro mean that they are talking about in this article ?http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/06/...-year-history/