Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Bigwormgraphix

Old 09-04-2018, 11:53 AM   #43
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeROC View Post

I LOVE the 2016-18 Camaro looks, chassis, and performance, but the price for a brand new one with a V8 is just too high, especially for us guys with families just looking to buy one as a 2nd/toy car. The 2019 is ugly as sin.
When the 2016 Camaro came along, it was the expensive option.

That is no longer the case, as the others have caught up or even passed the Camaro in price.
Old 09-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #44
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Chevy needs to dig back into their archives and go back to basics. Advertise advertise advertise because thats just Bidness 101.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 09-04-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: jj
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:51 PM   #45
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
2018 August sales:

Mustang: 7,487 +35%
Challenger: 4,647 -26%
Camaro: 3,779 -24.7%

Last edited by Bongos2U; 09-05-2018 at 11:56 AM.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 12:55 PM   #46
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
So serious question. In the sales threads that used to happen monthly, there were a few with numbers provided by MEDISIN that essentially 28% of Mustang sales were fleet numbers, and a high number for Challenger as well.

It would seem to me, that anyone writing an article on this, where they are interviewing the head honchos for team Camaro that this point would be brought up. I did not see it mentioned anywhere, yet the vibe I got from the quotes from Al was that they are a bit concerned that they are not making a lot of headway in the lower trims. I just find it odd that it wasn't mentioned anywhere.

So despite all the posts about they don't care about volume, they don't care about sales numbers because ATP is higher some of the quotes here in this article say that they are concerned and want the sales crown back.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(

Last edited by shaffe; 09-04-2018 at 01:36 PM.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:04 PM   #47
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
BS. It isn't "good", but it isn't so horrible that its completely unsafe "switch lanes on a prayer" type of visibility that some people would like for you to believe. Complete non-sense.

Exactly.

We all know it IS an issue, and it does affect peoples opinions = sales, but I've driven worse. My wife used to have a 2008 Eclipse. That car is a "kid" car, yet the visibility in that thing was just as bad but I never once read a complaint about it on line.

You are correct, but this is also ignoring a real issue. Although I happen to enjoy the high beltline and the looks it gives, GM could design the next gen to have a slightly better outward view while still keeping the car as low as the current Camaro / Mustang.

Visibility is a non issue with anyone confident in their ability to drive. Yet there are so many who have little or no confidence in their own driving skills in this day and age. Sad.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:07 PM   #48
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
So serious question. In the sales threads that used to happen monthly, there were a few with numbers provided by MEDISIN and constantly referenced by hotlap, that essentially 28% of Mustang sales were fleet numbers, and a high number for Challenger as well.

It would seem to me, that anyone writing an article on this, where they are interviewing the head honchos for team Camaro that this point would be brought up. I did not see it mentioned anywhere, yet the vibe I got from the quotes from Al was that they are a bit concerned that they are not making a lot of headway in the lower trims. I just find it odd that it wasn't mentioned anywhere.

So despite all the posts about they don't care about volume, they don't care about sales numbers because ATP is higher some of the quotes here in this article say that they are concerned and want the sales crown back.

Like much news today...it can be classified as Fake news by Omission.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:15 PM   #49
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Visibility is a non issue with anyone confident in their ability to drive. Yet there are so many who have little or no confidence in their own driving skills in this day and age. Sad.
All this focus on visibility. This isn't the reason for the poor sales, the visibility was poor on the 5th Gen model as well and it sold very well. The problem is the same now as when the 6th Gen was introduced, there is no excitement in regards to the appearance of this car. While it has very impressive performance folks don't seem to care for it looks. Maybe this 19 update will help.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:43 PM   #50
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Wow! Simply wow. Resorting to personal attacks in a technical conversation.

Go ahead and review MVSS 111. You will note it is for indirect vision or mirrors. The complaint in pretty much every review that you seem to want to discount is about direct vision.

Again, a technical discussion with experience in the matter. Not slinging opinions or insults.

Again, just because it's ok for you doesn't mean it's ok for others and you should be open minded enough to understand there are, in fact, other views on visibility. But I'm guessing that you resorted to insults that you aren't able to accept others view points.
Nothing personal against you specifically but the whole "this car has bad visibility" narrative is old and an excuse for poor driving skills. I find it hard to call it an opinion because driving a car is a skill that people in general do not take seriously, at least in America.

Anyone with their driver's license, no matter their physical size or height, should be able to get out of a 2018 Accord and get into a '72 Cadillac then into a 2018 Camaro and then into a panel van and within a couple minutes be well adjusted to driving responsibly, confidently, securely, and comfortably.

I do not mince words here when I say if people have a hard time seeing out of this car, I'm not completely comfortable sharing the public roads with them.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:50 PM   #51
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
All this focus on visibility. This isn't the reason for the poor sales, the visibility was poor on the 5th Gen model as well and it sold very well. The problem is the same now as when the 6th Gen was introduced, there is no excitement in regards to the appearance of this car. While it has very impressive performance folks don't seem to care for it looks. Maybe this 19 update will help.
Judging from the response and attention my car gets, I have to disagree with regards to looks (not talking about the 2019 here). This car gets a lot of very positive attention from the general public. The only people I see dogging its looks are Mustang fanboys.

Practicality is the number one problem IMO. Sure the Mustang isn't much more practical but it's more recognized. When I started thinking about a new car, the Mustang was the first to pop into my head. It's got the brand recognition. People shopping for a Mustang will easily overlook practicality. The Camaro does not have that luxury, it just doesn't. It needs that practical aspect to widen its target market just like the Challenger.

The general public doesn't care about performance as much we do. Practicality, looks, gas mileage and price matter the most, and not necessarily in that order.

The Challenger and the Camaro have much more in common than the Mustang. It's just that the Challenger is a lot more practical.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:25 PM   #52
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueaddict View Post
Judging from the response and attention my car gets, I have to disagree with regards to looks (not talking about the 2019 here). This car gets a lot of very positive attention from the general public. The only people I see dogging its looks are Mustang fanboys.

Practicality is the number one problem IMO. Sure the Mustang isn't much more practical but it's more recognized. When I started thinking about a new car, the Mustang was the first to pop into my head. It's got the brand recognition. People shopping for a Mustang will easily overlook practicality. The Camaro does not have that luxury, it just doesn't. It needs that practical aspect to widen its target market just like the Challenger.

The general public doesn't care about performance as much we do. Practicality, looks, gas mileage and price matter the most, and not necessarily in that order.

The Challenger and the Camaro have much more in common than the Mustang. It's just that the Challenger is a lot more practical.
Maybe but above doesn't make any sense when you compare the 5th Gen sales against the 6th Gen. Performance got much better, interior much better, pricing slight increase, yet it doesn't sell?

Remember sales dropped off almost immediately after the 6th Gen release despite all of the improvements over the 5th Gen.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:25 PM   #53
Aragorn
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Good evening
My name is Camaro....and I have a visibility problem.
Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #54
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Maybe but above doesn't make any sense when you compare the 5th Gen sales against the 6th Gen. Performance got much better, interior much better, pricing slight increase, yet it doesn't sell?

Remember sales dropped off almost immediately after the 6th Gen release despite all of the improvements over the 5th Gen.
That has bugged me since the 6th gen released. The car is superior in every way to the car it replaced, yet hasn't sold as well.

Only thing I can think off is price + styling with the 6th gen not being enough of a departure from the 5th.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:49 PM   #55
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Do you want to make it more attractive to a larger customer base that has shifted towards economic SUV's? You'll have to make the car suck more.

Do you want to make it more attractive to buyers of Mustangs and Challengers?
You'll have to get rid of the corvette and refactor your top end camaro lineup to compensate. Then you'll have to position your low end tiers to suck more so that their performance/quality lines up with the bottom tier performance of the competition so you can undercut their pricing.

As car purchases become less and less justifiable with cars as a service becoming more and more common-place, the niche cars will be hit the hardest in sales first. The camaro, being a large, two seater sports car with a hilariously tiny trunk opening is very much a niche car.

Maybe figure out at a way to bring back rear seats would help get more people who made the mistake of having a family and only enough money for 1 car. Maybe add some more cameras (Cameras and screens are cheap, throw them everywhere) for the short people who can't see anything out of the car.

But i'm still going to go out on a limb and say that the easiest to fix and most harmful for it's entire life has been the existence of the corvette. Unlike it's competitors, this means that the camaro is second tier, even if you get the best one. You dont even have the option of faking higher trims like so many people do since it's a totally different body. Get rid of the corvette and the existence of the camaro is secure.
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 02:52 PM   #56
torqueaddict

Drives: Tesla M3 LR-AWD [Former 1SS owner]
Quote:

This is certainly a good point and a puzzling one, however, there are a few things to consider:

-The 5th gen was the 'comeback' car from the 4th gen which was discontinued. I think there was a lot of build-up to its release.

-Then there were the transformer movies which naturally helped bring it more into the spotlight.

-More competition now than ever before.

-Market is changing to more family-oriented vehicles.

-The 6th gen styling isn't that different, so It should not be much of a put off.
torqueaddict is offline   Reply With Quote