Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-21-2019, 08:53 AM   #1
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
buying new lighter wheels to change looks American racing ar924 crossfire

So I had a itch and am buying some American racing 924 Crossfire wheels to replace the Rocket Racing rocket booster wheels I have in chrome. Just like the old days Chrome started to pit within a year, and sure they would take them back to exchange them in the year but shipping to Tennessee ...spendy, and now its been over five years and it did not progress much for pitting but its annoying and so I feel a itch to change. https://www.americanracing.com/produ...24-cross-fire/

The wheels best I could tell on the net I have on now were 30.8 lbs just for the front's and the rears being wider I know I am stepping up as the new wheels I ordered are just 24 lbs each so so I will unleash a little MPG and RWHP/Torque.
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...maro&FORM=IGRE

I imagine someone on here may have these wheels and welcome any pics they might share, I know other brands have similar.

The look up close will be more Honey comb looks so I thought I would throw this out there for others to consider, the Price is good, the rears are going to be 305 35's or what ever with the sidewall about 1/2 inch of stock which matters for the workability with the everything... and I should have about 1 1/2 " more contact area on the pavement which will look and feel nice with my torque monster, the Tires I am going with are Nitto's most likely as they are being ordered also through my local Les Schwab they are good to me...

So only 4 to 6 weeks to go, then the old wheels I will sit aside maybe bead blast and powder coat for spares or sell etc... Just thought I would put it out there so people can see this old farts choice.....

I had considered some zl1 newer style wheels also from oewheels place but they would be a nightmare to keep clean and have to have a spacer yet appear nice.....https://www.oewheelsllc.com/CV25-200...evrolet-Camaro

Frankly its the same old thing; Chrome won't get you home...LOL Old timer.....
out with the old eventually.... And the front offset of just 20mm still fits the front of these with 9" because of the design with the calipers of a SS working I had them double check..... And yes I am going with the Graphite not black....
Old 07-21-2019, 09:06 AM   #2
Camarokid1996
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2ss/rs TF edition
Please post pics with the new wheels, I'm also considering the Ar924's for my car
Camarokid1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:32 AM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

It will be a while to even find my own thread again LOL....
Old 09-07-2019, 09:11 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Wheels are in getting them on today with some ….Not Nittos...LOL I will have to post pics.
Old 09-07-2019, 02:36 PM   #5
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

So here they are, feel great stickier and wider, and I owe like $2900 with new extreme contact sport continentals 305's ..But hey I like them and no more pitting...…..

Good Luck to all...……..and happy Motoring! The old ones I just posted for sale $250 with the old tpms, on craigs list here in Salem...... I am not into wanking for buck...LOL

Time for a change and now to go shine them puppies...get out the black magic!!! Definitely fit the wheel wells better 1 1/2 inches wider and lots more space around the brake calipers for cleaning.....
Old 09-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #6
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Looks good!
Old 09-07-2019, 04:42 PM   #7
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Looking good. An improvement in my book... never really was a fan of chrome wheels.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:51 PM   #8
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Nice!
Old 09-08-2019, 08:04 AM   #9
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Looking good sir !!! Shine those tires up !! lol
Old 09-08-2019, 09:12 AM   #10
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

So rain came and yesterday I got a Unit of bark delivered and I am still dealing with that...giving part to neighbors as I try to be a good one......Ya All have a nice Sunday, mines going to be moving bark in the mild rain...thank god! They actually look very sharp in person compared to a pic my wife who did not like them at first now likes them better than my chrome ones....Now I need to paint the dang caps on the rotors because of the rust form the old wheels...LOL good excuse to get slotted and some ceramic brakes!!!!

wet morning kind of remind me of z-28 ish…… Niche makes some that look a lot like them but not as beefy or nice IMO...
Old 09-11-2019, 10:16 AM   #11
ADVMax
Sporting Foole

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I have the AR 920 wheels on my ‘10 SS. They’re 20’s but 9 inches wide front, 10.5 inches wide rear ( stock are 8 and 9 wide)

I had bought a 2010 SS that had pretty bad stock wheels and ordered the AR920’s to replace those. One of the guys at the stealership totaled the car on his way to put fuel in it. They had another car - same car pretty much, different color - at another store so they trucked it in for me. The wheels on this one were perfect but I already had the Americans so I put them on. Silver car with flat black stripes so the black wheels work well.
ADVMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 12:16 PM   #12
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
I like ‘em! I used to like chrome but really came around to black - or graphite like yours. My only regret is the MRR’s are heavier than stock. : /
Old 09-11-2019, 12:29 PM   #13
SSkat

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Those look good! Im dealing with the same pitting issue on my chrome zl1 reps. Went ahead and got some graphite wheels as well and cant wait to not have to see the pitting when i was them!
SSkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #14
jcampos

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
I like ‘em! I used to like chrome but really came around to black - or graphite like yours. My only regret is the MRR’s are heavier than stock. : /

They definitely don't feel heavier... It may all be in my head because I'm not sure of the specs but my MRR M017 11" wide wheel with 315's feel the same if not lighter than the stock SS crap rear wheel.
jcampos is offline   Reply With Quote