Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics

Bigwormgraphix

Old 01-22-2021, 08:01 AM   #15
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekd View Post
I am in CT also and my range has the latest firmware update

If you are ever interested in meeting up so we can plug it into your car to try out just send me a PM
Appreciate that for sure , I just may reach out to you someday. What part of the state are you in, I am in Hartford County.
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:57 AM   #16
joekd

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
What part of the state are you in, I am in Hartford County.
Right over the bridge from you, private message sent
joekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 08:31 AM   #17
Invertalon

Drives: 2021 2SS
What is different from the 20's to the 21's?

When I contacted Range, they advised to NOT use their device with the 2021's (yet). So I am just waiting for official support from someone in order to purchase an AFM disable unit... Hopefully some official support soon enough.
Invertalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 10:16 PM   #18
GrayLT1

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Personally, I have been doing a lot of R&D driving my 10 speed auto 2021 LT1 and when I am in manual mode and have started off in M1 or downshifted once while in manual mode when coming from auto mode while under way, I do not detect any converter lock up and I do have a very sensitive butt meter and ear. Coming from auto mode to Manual mode while underway I still get AFM V4 mode unless I downshift 1 gear and upshift . Are you sure the converter locks up with AFM mode is not operating?
Sorry just saw this. I’m not sure about the lockup function with range. I have read some online articles stating that vehicles torque converters go in and out of lock up to keep the car feeling smooth while in afm etc. honestly the articles were over my head somewhat and when range says they don’t officially support the car it just makes me wonder.

As for mine it has worked fine except one time all the lights started blinking and it stopped working. I unplugged it and plugged it back in the next time I drove it and no issues.
GrayLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2022, 11:50 PM   #19
donniedarko

Drives: 2021 LT1 A10 RS
I just brought one to test on my 21’ LT1. Not ton of miles on it but seems seamless. Its remarkable how much ‘less’ is going on with AFM deactivated.
donniedarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 08:09 AM   #20
lt4camaro

Drives: 2021 LT1 10 speed auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedarko View Post
I just brought one to test on my 21’ LT1. Not ton of miles on it but seems seamless. Its remarkable how much ‘less’ is going on with AFM deactivated.
I had V4 tuned out (shut off) over a year ago on my 2021 LT1 and have driven close to 10k (GLORIUS) miles without all the bullshit AFM going on. Enjoying the 10 speed auto as it should be....
lt4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote