Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 09-30-2022, 09:21 AM   #29
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
To the OP, the similarities may be coincidental, but then again who knows......we have had design inspiration from current cars before.

This whole EV thing with GM says to me that they are no longer interested in the buying wants of customers like myself. They are chasing a pipe dream in the hopes of returning to their former glory of being #1. It is just that; a dream. You can't be a #1 auto maker if you no longer are interested in the automotive culture. It seems (to me) that GM is cutting out all of the good things that made their cars great in their quest of becoming a zero emissions auto maker. That may prove to be fatal, especially if their rivals continue to manufacture ICE cars that their customers like.

It is also sad that the day is looming near that I (myself) will no longer patronize GM or Chevrolet. Outside of their pickup trucks and large SUVs, there are no more cars in their line-up that interest me. Its a lingering hope that the company will see the light and change their direction of the moment. For this to happen the company may need new leadership.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:12 PM   #30
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
To the OP, the similarities may be coincidental, but then again who knows......we have had design inspiration from current cars before.

This whole EV thing with GM says to me that they are no longer interested in the buying wants of customers like myself. They are chasing a pipe dream in the hopes of returning to their former glory of being #1. It is just that; a dream. You can't be a #1 auto maker if you no longer are interested in the automotive culture. It seems (to me) that GM is cutting out all of the good things that made their cars great in their quest of becoming a zero emissions auto maker. That may prove to be fatal, especially if their rivals continue to manufacture ICE cars that their customers like.

It is also sad that the day is looming near that I (myself) will no longer patronize GM or Chevrolet. Outside of their pickup trucks and large SUVs, there are no more cars in their line-up that interest me. Its a lingering hope that the company will see the light and change their direction of the moment. For this to happen the company may need new leadership.
Their bet is that we who remember what they used to stand for will soon die out and new generations are malleable enough to be squeezed into the current mold aka their "dream".

This, of course, is a historical impossibility, but how exactly it will play out this time is anyone's guess.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 01:37 PM   #31
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
Their bet is that we who remember what they used to stand for will soon die out and new generations are malleable enough to be squeezed into the current mold aka their "dream".

This, of course, is a historical impossibility, but how exactly it will play out this time is anyone's guess.
We've discussed this a few times here. Racing is dying, so is the enthusiast community. We'll have very little to customize on this EV breed, save for a few hood scoops and stickers. I don't think young folks are as interested in even driving for pleasure.

2012 2SS 45th AE LS3 M6

Borla ATAK Catback
Kooks Stepped LT Headers
CAI Intake
Hexvents
VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body
RX Catch Can
Hurst Short Throw Shifter
Pfadt ZL-Spec Stage 3 Suspension
Forgestar F14
Tuned by Frost
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2022, 02:33 PM   #32
2013ZL1FUN

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Convertible A6 BRM
GM is going down a path that will bankrupt them yet again. Problem with that is the Government, aka the taxpayers will bail them out again, just like always. I wanted to say that they never learn, however that would be incorrect, they have learned, they learned long ago that they will always be bailed out!
Old 10-01-2022, 05:52 AM   #33
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post

Agreed. Another reason they are going all in on EVs is because it is a growth market and they want to drive the stock. It could flop but I think if they are truly able sell to Equinox and Blazers EV SUVs in the $30-$45k range then they will sell as many as they can produce. However, they may be underestimating the number of people who are not willing to go electric just yet for a variety of reasons. GM also doesn’t have the same brand appeal as Tesla.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 09:02 AM   #34
LTfun

Drives: 2022 LT1, 1981 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
And yet you took the time to post. Thanks mister 30 post forum cop. Sometimes I wonder why I bother with this forum anymore.
And here you are replying. And are gatekeeping post count, but I'm the cop? Forums are dying, not saying we can do anything about it but reposting and asking the same questions like "what oil should I use" and "do I need a tune" have taken the place of DIYs and technical discussions. That's what I'm here for. But far be it for me to get in the way of you talking about the new Mustang, the only reason it bothered me is because it has been inescapable on here, facebook, any where Camaro related. I'm honestly shocked that you missed it, maybe even jealous.
LTfun is offline   Reply With Quote