Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

AWE Tuning

Old 04-11-2019, 06:30 PM   #15
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Same car at Atco yesterday ran 9.18 at 149mph.

Was on a possible 8 sec run (1.29 60, 5.7 1/8th) when a pulley broke.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:23 PM   #16
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
That's just impressive, I'll be happy to get in the 10's. Those cars are beautiful animals think Dodge did a Hell of a job!
Old 04-11-2019, 10:03 PM   #17
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post

You missed the part where they swapped the pulley. It's basically a Demon without the 840 tune. It's been tuned, interior removed, MS109 gas, DR's, and a few other tweaks software wise...

It's no real shock to most of us...
Old 04-11-2019, 11:02 PM   #18
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
You missed the part where they swapped the pulley. It's basically a Demon without the 840 tune. It's been tuned, interior removed, MS109 gas, DR's, and a few other tweaks software wise...

It's no real shock to most of us...
No I didn’t miss that part....and I own one lol.

Way I read it they swapped the pulley after the stock one broke after the 9.1 pass.

Maybe I’m bias but even if a pulley swap, to have an otherwise stock production car with some weight reduction, race gas, a tune, and some drag radials to be knocking on 8 second territory I find incredible.

FYI only 2 demons faster...one is a TT setup with a carbon body. Ran 8.77. Other has upper and lower, headers, id 1700’s and bap, along with a 75hp shot. Ran 9.10.

No Demon has a a 60’ in the 1.2x’s.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 04-12-2019, 06:23 AM   #19
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Quote:

That is definitely moving!

Here is my thing. Everybody is different and everybody likes different things. That is cool with me. What I can't wrap my head around is buying a car for ~$75k, putting another ~$4-5k of mods into it and stripping out the interior...just to go fast for 1,320'. Heck, for that price, you could build an 8 second Vega and have a few fistfuls of money left over. Again, if that is your thing, by all means, enjoy!

I'd much rather have an 11 second car that can carve corners like a scalpel and also retain it's full interior. I suppose that is why everyone is different.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:09 AM   #20
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
No I didn’t miss that part....and I own one lol.

Way I read it they swapped the pulley after the stock one broke after the 9.1 pass.

Maybe I’m bias but even if a pulley swap, to have an otherwise stock production car with some weight reduction, race gas, a tune, and some drag radials to be knocking on 8 second territory I find incredible.

FYI only 2 demons faster...one is a TT setup with a carbon body. Ran 8.77. Other has upper and lower, headers, id 1700’s and bap, along with a 75hp shot. Ran 9.10.

No Demon has a a 60’ in the 1.2x’s.
Sorry, but you don't run 9.85 and then run almost an 8 second pass with "just a tune"...

The pulley swap is where that added power/time change came from. It's still very much one helluva run...
Old 04-12-2019, 07:51 AM   #21
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post

Here is my thing. Everybody is different and everybody likes different things. That is cool with me. What I can't wrap my head around is buying a car for ~$75k, putting another ~$4-5k of mods into it and stripping out the interior...just to go fast for 1,320'. Heck, for that price, you could build an 8 second Vega and have a few fistfuls of money left over. Again, if that is your thing, by all means, enjoy!
I have a friend that built an Olds for the 1320 and I got to tell you that it is a good car for the 1320 but temperamental to the point that it annoying, Race fuel only NA big block engine, cage, spool strange axles with a manual valve 400 and all that comes with type of car. I like the idea of a more streetable car that can run a low 9 sec quarter then dive 2 hours home from the track and get 20mpg on that trip.

Not sure about in the US but 60k-70k in Canada does not build a 8 sec car
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:57 AM   #22
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
I have a friend that built an Olds for the 1320 and I got to tell you that it is a good car for the 1320 but temperamental to the point that it annoying, Race fuel only NA big block engine, cage, spool strange axles with a manual valve 400 and all that comes with type of car. I like the idea of a more streetable car that can run a low 9 sec quarter then dive 2 hours home from the track and get 20mpg on that trip.

Not sure about in the US but 60k-70k in Canada does not build a 8 sec car
Yea, you could do it in the US for a lot less. The literal "price" of living in Canada...

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
Old 04-12-2019, 08:16 AM   #23
rocket403

Here is a 520 ci Olds engine, engine and trans would be 40k alone then all the money to upgrade the rest of the car
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2019, 10:00 AM   #24
DRKS1D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Here is a 520 ci Olds engine, engine and trans would be 40k alone then all the money to upgrade the rest of the car
Wow, that looks NASTY!

Old 04-12-2019, 10:23 AM   #25
rocket403

think it's dyno numbers were 780hp and 750t on the engine with 400 shot progressive Nos
it runs a 10:50 on the engine at 154 mph, it uses a 425 Olds block that I had sitting around 140 thou overbore to take a 454 aries piston with mopar 440 conrod and custom fabricated crank. It is a monster at the track and very hard to control on a 28" tire.
The engine needs a bigger tire and tub as the torque is to much for a stock G-Body. He had to run a 1/2" alum plate to hold the engine to the frame as it would break the mounts and chain that he had before.
Attached Images

Old 04-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #26
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post

I'd much rather have an 11 second car that can carve corners like a scalpel and also retain it's full interior. I suppose that is why everyone is different.
And there's a million 8 second fox body mustangs out there that are and would cost much less. But in the end they are just mustangs

And neither the vega nor the mustang would allow you to enjoy vented seats while going down the strip at 8.xx seconds

I wouldn't say "stripped" interior. Yes they took the seats out (like how most of the Demons run at the strip) but I've seen a lot "worse" to get a time (removing dash, center consoles, drilling holes in the body, etc).

You could put the 123lbs of seats back in and what's it run? 9.1-9.2?

Personally I am not into the "corner" thing. Just brutal straight line acceleration for me. But I hate how everyone throws the HC under the bus thinking it's only a straight line car. The widebody versions handle really well too. To the extent of a Vet or a 1LE...no but still not too shabby. Now the regular body one......

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Sorry, but you don't run 9.85 and then run almost an 8 second pass with "just a tune"...

The pulley swap is where that added power/time change came from. It's still very much one helluva run...
I re-read and I think you are right about the time difference between the 9.85 to 9.18 run.

I think it has the potential to be a consistent high 8 sec car considering what they are leaving on the table now (suspension, still has cats, stock driveshaft, not on a 15" tire).

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 04-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #27
DRKS1D3

Quote:
And there's a million 8 second fox body mustangs out there that are and would cost much less. But in the end they are just mustangs

And neither the vega nor the mustang would allow you to enjoy vented seats while going down the strip at 8.xx seconds

I wouldn't say "stripped" interior. Yes they took the seats out (like how most of the Demons run at the strip) but I've seen a lot "worse" to get a time (removing dash, center consoles, drilling holes in the body, etc).

You could put the 123lbs of seats back in and what's it run? 9.1-9.2?

Personally I am not into the "corner" thing. Just brutal straight line acceleration for me. But I hate how everyone throws the HC under the bus thinking it's only a straight line car. The widebody versions handle really well too. To the extent of a Vet or a 1LE...no but still not too shabby. Now the regular body one......
That's right. Different strokes for different folks. Being that I'm only in my 30's and I was obviously not around during the 1st Muscle Car Wars, I'm just happy to see guys having fun with these machines. Gearheads are having a blast and The Big 3 are battling over bragging rights. Great times all around!

Drive what you like, like what you drive!!!

Old 04-12-2019, 11:43 AM   #28
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
I re-read and I think you are right about the time difference between the 9.85 to 9.18 run.

I think it has the potential to be a consistent high 8 sec car considering what they are leaving on the table now (suspension, still has cats, stock driveshaft, not on a 15" tire).
Absolutely! Could very easily be..