Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Thread Closed

Old 11-29-2018, 11:44 AM   #29
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Ok so I would assume then that just installing the unit without a tune will NOT throw any CEL codes correct? What gains can be expected with no tune?
Old 11-29-2018, 02:35 PM   #30
vararam industries

Drives: 2014 C7
No , No Codes !

We will cover power for LT-1 and LT-4 in the next update . Obviously its going to make more than anyone else.
It will also provide cooler airflow inside the intake manifold(LT-1) or blower plenum (LT-4) and by margins that make a difference !

VR tech
Old 11-29-2018, 07:22 PM   #31
OneSlowV

Drives: 2018 camaro ss
So how much more power we talking over like a roto fab it would be hard for me to upgrade for only 2-3 hp

2020 CAMARO LT1 6spd 11.02@ 135 dragy approved
Old 11-29-2018, 07:36 PM   #32
JonD

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Send me one and I’ll do hit the dyno for non-biased #’s.
If it out produces the RotoFab I’ll sell that and buy the one from you
Old 11-29-2018, 09:05 PM   #33
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Looking at the pic in the original post, I'm curious if the sound tube continues with the offering or an option for with or without sound tube?
Attached Images

Old 11-29-2018, 09:18 PM   #34
vararam industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSlowV View Post
So how much more power we talking over like a roto fab it would be hard for me to upgrade for only 2-3 hp
Assuming we are talking about an LT-1
How much is up to 1/2 a pound of manifold pressure and 18-30 deg lower internal manifold temps on the road or track worth to you on your engine ?
That just depends on what your making now because that's what your going to gain.

Do You want to beat what's on your car now ?
Sure you do.
Take your factory box ,paper filter and all, now cut the floor out of it! That costs "NOTHING"
Now watch it outrun what's on your car now for FREE wile sucking hot air! The car will idle and run smooth . The MAF will read clean.
Now ask yourself, how good is what you have on your car now if a free modified OEM Airbox can outrun it?

In comparison to the OEM stock system.
It's tube is smaller than OEM , has higher drag , less plenum volume and uses a cone filter. Cone filters do not breath properly the way they are being used in most cold air systems , they just look big. Makes people feel warm and fuzzy , like holding a bigger gun than the other is holding. On the flow bench they truly SUCK!
Cone filters 101:
Upper pleats don't breath properly ,the depth and spacing are small and inconsistent , but at least they "look" big and impressive .
It's an industry thing and they sell because of it.
They are no match for a 1 inch thick panel filter with consistent and proper pleat spacing.

FYI: WE Tested with open air horns on the end of the factory 104MM ID intake tubes on both LT-1 and LT-4 and designed the systems outrun those !

VR tech
Old 11-29-2018, 09:50 PM   #35
Buckscamaro

Drives: 2016 ss camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by vararam industries View Post
How much is up to 1/2 a pound of manifold pressure and 18-30 deg lower internal manifold temps on the road or track worth to you on your engine ?
That just depends on what your making now because that's what your going to gain.

Sure you do.
Take your factory box ,paper filter and all, now cut the floor out of it! That costs "NOTHING"
Now watch it outrun what's on your car now for FREE wile sucking hot air! The car will idle and run smooth . The MAF will read clean.
Now ask yourself, how good is what you have on your car now if a free modified OEM Airbox can outrun it?

It's tube is smaller than OEM , has higher drag , less plenum volume and uses a cone filter. Cone filters do not breath properly the way they are being used in most cold air systems , they just look big. Makes people feel warm and fuzzy , like holding a bigger gun than the other is holding. On the flow bench they truly SUCK!
Cone filters 101:
Upper pleats don't breath properly ,the depth and spacing are small and inconsistent , but at least they "look" big and impressive .
They are no match for a 1 inch thick panel filter with consistent and proper pleat spacing.

FYI: WE Tested with open air horns on the end of the factory 104MM ID intake tubes on both LT-1 and LT-4 and designed the systems outrun those !

VR tech

This intake is going to be awesome! can't wait!

Instagram: boogieman_racing
Old 11-29-2018, 10:02 PM   #36
OneSlowV

Drives: 2018 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by vararam industries View Post

Sure you do.

Cone filters 101:

VR tech
Well I’m running the roto fab now but to me I think a inclosed air box makes more sense I drag race quite often if your intake produces more power and less heat inlet temp I’ll buy one . I ran your setup on my ls3 vette and was impressed

2020 CAMARO LT1 6spd 11.02@ 135 dragy approved
Old 11-30-2018, 02:55 AM   #37
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
When can we expect to receive a substantive update (e.g., better photographs, dyno sheets, etc.)?
Old 11-30-2018, 08:33 AM   #38
vararam industries

Very soon, I am working on it now.

Don't put to much thought on the dyno because unless your going to drive with your hood open = (more artificial plenum volume) and have a fan blowing = ( helping to feed the plenum volume ) and the engine compartment is nice and cool vs the 185F deg temps (85-95 deg day) we normally see in real world conditions ,it can quickly become irrelevant.
Plus you have to monitor every aspect of the engine to make sure you have the same Throttle position at WOT, Air fuel ratio ,ignition timing etc...
If one kit gains 12hp and another 18hp and another 25hp and all you see is an AFR on the dyno graph , then you really have know idea how the ECM reacted or why it reacted the way it did.
That is not a true test, not If actual real world gains are your goal.

A tuner can tune far more aggressively if they have the airflow they need. That = more power for you!

To many kits just lean the ECM down and or trick the MAF or both so they show a power gain .Yet there is no or very little actual improvement in flow or cold air for that matter.
Most when tested tune for tune show little to no gain at all = the "waste of money" comment from another forum member .

Just an FYI:The OEM system provides the coolest air and the least amount of heat soak from the popular systems we have tested.

VR Tech
Old 11-30-2018, 03:44 PM   #39
blk 2013

Drives: 2017 SS 6sp
yes following
Old 12-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #40
Troubleshooter

Drives: 2016 2SS A8 CPE
Not to worry, there will be no feet dragging !
We have been head long on this project for months wile simultaneously running multiple R&D programs on the LT-1's and LT-4's engines for future products.
We have tested every combination possible, we even modified the stock box to the point that it outperformed "EVERY" aftermarket intake on the market wile still using the stock paper filter!

Our goal was to beat what we had created by a strong margin wile setting up for both LT-1 and ZL-1 vehicles.
We more than reached that goal.

More updates coming this week.

VR tech

?????
Old 12-04-2018, 05:41 PM   #41
DC5

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
TTT
Old 12-04-2018, 05:58 PM   #42
vararam industries

Sorry guys working on your update now , should have it up here soon. Been out Road testing !

VR tech

Closed Thread