Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

AWE Tuning

Old 02-23-2017, 09:21 AM   #85
Night Vision Universe

Drives: Camaro 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Im a bit disappointed with mine. I simply don't trust it enough to pull forward into anything. I still back in. The reason I don't trust it is.. In my garage I actually have a parking stop. Similar to the curbs you find in parking lots. Its so I don't pull to close to my hotwater heater.

The Curb alert will go off as I approach it about half the time. Some days it will beep as I'm inching close and other times completely silent and my front tire will get stopped by the parking curb and I can't go any further.

Luckily my front splitter clears that parking curb no problem.
Mine does the same thing, i calibrated it numerous times but still acts like that.
Night Vision Universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:29 AM   #86
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
If you guys could bring me the car, I could get it to work 100%. If you follow the instructions on the video, and mounted exactly where they tell you to mountapproximate 12 inches back in the center, it works every time. I have reworked about 4 of these for people and it was all because of a bad installation. It works every time if you get it right.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:29 AM   #87
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
If you guys could bring me the car, I could get it to work 100%. If you follow the instructions on the video, and mounted exactly where they tell you to mountapproximate 12 inches back in the center, it works every time. I have reworked about 4 of these for people and it was all because of a bad installation. It works every time if you get it right.
Hey Glen, I feel pretty confident I installed it correctly as well as calibrating it using the video you sent me of the guy that created the item. "Vette video".

Its just odd that I can pull up to my curb in the garage and half the time it works and other half it doesn't. I used the original box and did everything how it was in the video.

I'll try to calibrate it again though.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:19 AM   #88
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysan911 View Post
Hey Glen, I feel pretty confident I installed it correctly as well as calibrating it using the video you sent me of the guy that created the item. "Vette video".

Its just odd that I can pull up to my curb in the garage and half the time it works and other half it doesn't. I used the original box and did everything how it was in the video.

I'll try to calibrate it again though.

Two of the cars that I've redone, have done the calibration, then semi tightened the sensor screw and a week or two later, the screw came loose and the sensor fell out of calibration. It's very important once you get the exact angle right , you tighten the Allen head screw fairly tight. Don't go overboard, but it needs to stay.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:25 PM   #89
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
Hey Glen, waiting on warmer weather now to install the curb alert. Once I popped the top off the fuse block in the engine bay, it all made perfect sense. Thanks again for your advice and instruction. Greatly appreciated!
Old 02-26-2017, 05:00 PM   #90
Dysan911

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary 2SS
Alright so I pulled into a front spot at the grocery store and my curb alert didn't even make a sound. This picture below just goes to show you that even when you think you're a foot or further from the curb. Guess again. I stopped and thought I could have come up another foot and still had room to spare. NOPE!.

Had I done so I would have definitely made contact. Whew!

So luckily I didn't hit the curb and when I got home I got started on the recalibration.

When I got under the car to have a closer look at the sensor. Oh boy, I discovered a major issue!. In fact I discovered the exact reason my calibration was off and why my curb alert was pretty much useless. It turns out the double-sided tape was starting to let go at the back of the little mount. It was essentially lifting and causing the sensor to tilt upward and point Way HIGHER than I had it calibrated for.

So I cleaned the mounting surface on both the car and the sensor and applied new 3m tape and got it back like it should be. Pulled into my garage and my old 3 beep friend is BACK when I hit the precise parking spot I'm supposed to be in. Yay!

So yeah guys, keep an eye on that once in a while if you notice it suddenly acting inconsistent.

-B.
Former Ride: 17 Camaro 2SS, M6 - Fifty | Procharger P1SC | 3.7 Pulley | Stage 2 IC | Race Bypass | DSX FF Kit | JRE Custom E85 Flex Fuel Tune | LT4 Fuel System | JMS Voltage Booster | MSD Plug Wires | American Racing 1-7/8's LT Headers Full System Catback | Baro Breakout Harness | LT4 Map Sensor | Katech Ported TB | MMS Oil Catch Can | 160 Thermo | Solo Performance J-Pipes

Dysan911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 07:45 PM   #91
H(.)(.)ters

Drives: 2SS - Black
My Curb-Alert quit working last week. I haven't gotten around to figure out why. Maybe a loose power connection? Maybe I accidentally hit the calibrate button? Anyone else's just quit working for them? If so, are there any common items that might have caused it?
H(.)(.)ters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:22 PM   #92
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
resurrecting this thread for some help. I bought the Curb Alert PRO Parking Sensor 5000-CA5. I couldnt tell a difference from all the models they sell. Anyways I installed it tonight, first plugged into a hot wire and it turned on and I got it calibrated and worked great. Then I parked it in the garage and pulled up far enough for it to chime. Well it didn't stop. So after a few minutes I disconnected the power and hooked it up to a switched power. Well now it turns on everytime I start the car but it loses its calibration each time.

How do I set it up to turn off and keep the calibration? I read some where its supposed to turn off on its own after sensing a lower voltage from a hot 12v but I am not sure thats the case. The instructions I got said to install it on a ignition controlled 12v. I am not sure which way its supposed to go.

I also noticed my box has a mystery 3rd wire. Maybe I just got a bad box?
Attached Images

Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089

Last edited by lDejavul; 03-18-2019 at 11:38 PM.
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 11:29 PM   #93
Glen e

Curb alert is made with auto shut off or not… If they told you to hook it up to an ignition switch then you do not have the auto shut off mechanism. Find an ignition based source in the fuse box. You could also buy what's called a "DRL sensor box" off Amazon for 12 bucks that will sense when the engine is on and you could use a non-ignition base to source them… I suggest you find somebody to help you on this. Any place that installs alarms and Tint usually can handle this.
Old 03-18-2019, 11:41 PM   #94
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
Sorry by switched power I meant ignition switch power. It would 100% turn on and off with the car but I couldn't get it to sound at all unless I hit the calibration button again each time. Also I added a photo to my other post it looks like it has a 3rd wire that I dont know what it does and cant find it on any instructions or any pictures.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:29 PM   #95
Camaro_49

Drives: Camaro
Does anyone know if those hookups 4-5-6 are always hot or are they switched?
Camaro_49 is offline   Reply With Quote