Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 01-04-2016, 02:39 PM   #1
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Talk me in to/out of Magnetic ride and Dual exhaust

Alright folks, I dumbassed and walked to the dealership while my 4Runner was getting serviced, the bug has bitten, and I need one in my life.

Havent been following the rebirth much, but its 2SS or nothing, however, options is the question.

Im a fireman and drive 1-1.5 hours to work and home once every 6 days, otherwise just rollin around town

What benefits do these options offer to justify getting them?

Thanks in advance!

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:44 PM   #2
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
MRC makes the road more comfortable to drive, and at the same time can make the suspension very stiff with the push of the button. Worth the money in my opinion. NPP is a no brainer. The only way I can see people not getting it is if they were wanting to get a full after market set up.
2016 Red Hot 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC, Nav, and Sunroof. VIN #115750
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:46 PM   #3
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
You can go with or without the MRC if you want. It will just offer a more cushy ride for daily driving and a firmer ride if you want to feel the road more. If you never had it, you won't miss it (although I am getting it).

The Duel Mode Exhaust however I would Definitely go with hands down. For $895 it is a no brainer. You can be stealthy or loud if you want. And in the future if you do decided you want to go for an aftermarket exhaust, you can buy an aftermarket duel mode exhaust (when they hit the shelves) and still have the functionality since the hardware and software are already there. Plus you get the quad tips on the duel mode vs 2 tips on the regualr exhaust.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:47 PM   #4
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
MRC makes the road more comfortable to drive, and at the same time can make the suspension very stiff with the push of the button. Worth the money in my opinion. NPP is a no brainer. The only way I can see people not getting it is if they were wanting to get a full after market set up.
100% agree, both are worth it! With the touch of a button exhaust and suspension are like night and day different, very nice, so glad I got both on mine!

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 02:49 PM   #5
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSport16 View Post
100% agree, both are worth it! With the touch of a button exhaust and suspension are like night and day different, very nice, so glad I got both on mine!
Thats the thing. It is unreal how much it changes the car with just pushing a button.
2016 Red Hot 2SS, A8, NPP, MRC, Nav, and Sunroof. VIN #115750
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:01 PM   #6
jdasnt3

Drives: 18 Silverado 1500
Never drove a MRC car, and therefore I don't miss it. I drove the car on a 1.5 hour drive last week and it was very comfortable. You may want to save 1800 bucks on that option. NPP is something I had to have. I think the car is very loud when it is wide open, and very quiet when I want it off. Great option for a really nice sounding car.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:07 PM   #7
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Alright folks, I dumbassed and walked to the dealership while my 4Runner was getting serviced, the bug has bitten, and I need one in my life.

Havent been following the rebirth much, but its 2SS or nothing, however, options is the question.

Im a fireman and drive 1-1.5 hours to work and home once every 6 days, otherwise just rollin around town

What benefits do these options offer to justify getting them?

Thanks in advance!
Look, if you've been driving a 4-runner (what year BTW?) for 1.5 hours, I honestly can't believe it rides better than a non-MRC camaro - but dude...the coolness of the technology...come on man.

My cousin also a fireman in Cali. Also drives insane distance to the station for his duty rotation, but I suppose that's part of the beauty of it, only once a week or whatever.

Also, if you can only get one of the two, I'd go with MRC before NPP (dual exhaust). You can always add aftermarket exhaust in a couple years if you aren't happy with the sound.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:11 PM   #8
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
I was also a 2SS or nothing guy. I ordered with literally every cool option, but you might not need MRC in your state. It's going to help with pot holes and crappy roads mostly.

The dual mode exhaust is a must or you can add your own aftermarket exhaust down the road.

I don't know what you're paying, but 2 weeks ago I was in the same boat as you. I came here and found someone post their order sheet and locked in supplier pricing. You might be able to get everything you want and more.
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:21 PM   #9
AN0NYM0US

Drives: .
Same here, debating between MRC, NPP and sunroof loll
AN0NYM0US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:28 PM   #10
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Get the exhaust for sure. MRC if you want a smoother ride. The benefit to it is that you can get a real smooth ride when you want it, and a real stiff track suspension when you want it. Standard suspension is supposedly fine and is on the firmer side, between sport and track (can't comment on feel because I haven't driven one). Maybe someone who has the standard suspension can comment.
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:31 PM   #11
stmbtwilli

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS
Every once in a while my wife lets me drive her ATS 3.6 Premium and I'm telling you that MRC is spectacular. My favorite quote is "an on ramp is a terrible thing to waste." Sport mode makes the car handle like it is on rails on these on ramps. The perfect combo will be MRC and LT1. No you don't need it but I think you will love it. Can't wait till we get our 6th gen.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:34 PM   #12
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
One of the MAJOR reasons why I ordered the new camaro was that they offered MRC. If they hadn't I wouldn't have ordered mine and would've waited for the "ZL1".

After modding the living hell out of all my cars, I wanted a car that I truly did not have to touch much. Npp and the tri-y headers fixed my need to touch the exhaust (minus getting rid of the un-monitored cats on the xpipe which is all connected to 1 pipe being the NPP if you get it, so you will have to literally cut it out and replace it with a pipe) and MRC fixed my need to touch the suspension. At least the struts, lowering springs is still a big MAYBE for me as I am happy the way the car sits. It could drop just a little but I don't go "OMG I NEED LOWERING SPRINGS".

There is a reason why MRC exists and why Ferrari even uses it. People are entitled to their opinions of course, saying coilovers are better or strut+spring combo is. Coilovers are ONLY good for TRACK ONLY. They exist so you alter your suspension before and after the lap to get better times (stiffness, height, etc), not to mention that you are looking at 2 grand AT LEAST for a good set of coilovers. So why not just get the MRC and let it do all the work plus FULL factory warranty? Also the fact that you can CHANGE the settings for BOTH the NPP and MRC. Why wouldn't you want that? Haha. Maybe you are just exhausted and want a really smooth and damn quite ride? Maybe you want to be in a fun mood and suspension stiff and great sound? You have a choice.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:38 PM   #13
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
IMO the NPP is a must, the price is fair, it's all stainless, and this way you get the nicer valence with quad tips.

As for MRC, well it depends where you live and how you plan to use your car. If you are going to track your car a lot, you are better off skipping it, as aftermarket stuff will be the way to go. If it's a weekend car, I wouldn't bother with it either. Now, if you are daily driving it, and live in an area with crappy roads, it would be nice to have to soften up the ride. Reviews have shown the non MRC cars ride very well, and the best skidpad and slalom numbers tested so far have come from a non MRC car...just food for thought.
SS 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 03:39 PM   #14
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
I drove a 1SS on Sunday without MRC and it wasn't bad at all honestly and highways near me aren't the best. It didn't have the brembos either and the brakes were just ok. Nothing great but definitely not bad either. If you're on the fence about those, you can just change the pads the next time you get a brake job to Hawks or something and it should improve your stopping power over the stock pads dramatically.

I wouldn't get the sunroof if you care about performance. It adds weight at the top of the car, raising your center of gravity. The higher center of gravity is worse than the weight itself for performance...plus you lose that awesome looking roof line. It's all in what you want though.

I hate to make this harder, but a lot of people aren't aware of the blade spoiler since it only shows up at the dealer as an option. I picked that and the front fascia extension because I liked the looks better...all personal preference.
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote