Attached Images

Baddawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 12:14 PM   #16
carguy55

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
Sparco steel side mounts
Interesting. I could not get those to work with the BK mount. They stick out to far on the sides
Old 02-08-2021, 12:53 PM   #17
Baddawg53

Drives: 17 hyper blue 2SS M6
That is interesting, my only issue with fitting it in, was I'm not a small guy and put the XL on the driver's side. The seat is hitting the tunnel and it's ever so slightly angled, I don't even notice it anymore though.

The most frustrating part was I couldn't just build it and put it in, especially without sliders. It was a lot of trial and error, put it in, check it, take it out and adjust.
Old 02-08-2021, 02:33 PM   #18
carguy55

Exactly, mine has been built, test fitted, drilled, modify, test fit, rebuild, test fit. Repeat that about 50x. Getting the track to fit in the car properly should be step #1. Then put everything together based on that. Learned that the hard way. Now I realize I have the wrong type of harness and will have to get different ones.

Last edited by carguy55; 02-08-2021 at 02:59 PM.
carguy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:26 PM   #19
Baddawg53

My passenger seat was a MUCH smoother install, lot of lessons learned.

The only real bummer is you cannot adjust the anti sub strap without pulling the seat out.
Old 02-09-2021, 06:59 PM   #20
carguy55

Looking at getting a harness that has sub strap adjusters like the Schroth Flexi 2 x 2, but everyone is out of stock
Old 02-27-2021, 04:20 PM   #21
carguy55

Got it done. What an amazing difference. Will be trying it out on track next weekend. Now working on a camera setup to mount to harness bar. Got the free seat belt extended from Chevy to make it easier to use the stock belts since tunnel side seat access is limited.
Attached Images

Old 02-27-2021, 09:50 PM   #22
Baddawg53

Nice work!! Looks good man.

They make a HUGE difference on the track over the stock SS seats. I never got to experience the stock recaros so I can't comment on that. The harness is great, just keeps you locked in.

The stock belt is definitely not easy to buckle, it's very tight between the seat and tunnel. But I've gotten much better with that with practice.
Old 02-28-2021, 08:54 AM   #23
carguy55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddawg53 View Post
Nice work!! Looks good man.

They make a HUGE difference on the track over the stock SS seats. I never got to experience the stock recaros so I can't comment on that. The harness is great, just keeps you locked in.

The stock belt is definitely not easy to buckle, it's very tight between the seat and tunnel. But I've gotten much better with that with practice.
You may want to try the free seat belt extender.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2021, 10:29 AM   #24
cre8fun

Drives: audi R8; ss 1le; F250
going to make it a track only car. putting in a roll bar (RPM), and looking at what track seats and mounts to use. Not going to use factory belts anymore.

I'm very tall in the torso, so looking to make the install easy but low as possible.
for those that have done it:
Question 1- should I go with side mounts directly to the floor, or use a Gen 6 specific base, and put the side mounts on top of them? I don't know if the floor is flat enough for side mounts drilled directly to the floor.

Question 2 - I read the "SEAT BRACKETS FOR RACE SEATS" thread in the road race section and it seems BreyKrause is the best. Planted and Sparco have some issues. does that about sum it up?
Sparco - https://www.ogracing.com/collections...ro-2010-driver
Brey Krause - https://www.bkauto.com/R_9170_2016_6...r_p/r-9170.htm
Planted - link shown earlier in thread

Question 3 - want a containment seat - has anyone put either a Sparco Circuit 2 or an OMP HTE-R XL in the car? wondering if there are any learnings from fitting it.

Last edited by cre8fun; 06-20-2021 at 09:44 PM.
cre8fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 06:07 AM   #25
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy55 View Post
Got it done. What an amazing difference. Will be trying it out on track next weekend. Now working on a camera setup to mount to harness bar. Got the free seat belt extended from Chevy to make it easier to use the stock belts since tunnel side seat access is limited.
Have you managed to retain functional air bags? Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 06:04 PM   #26
carguy55

Quote:
Originally Posted by cre8fun View Post
going to make it a track only car. putting in a roll bar (RPM), and looking at what track seats and mounts to use. Not going to use factory belts anymore.

I'm very tall in the torso, so looking to make the install easy but low as possible.
for those that have done it:
Question 1- should I go with side mounts directly to the floor, or use a Gen 6 specific base, and put the side mounts on top of them? I don't know if the floor is flat enough for side mounts drilled directly to the floor.

Question 2 - I read the "SEAT BRACKETS FOR RACE SEATS" thread in the road race section and it seems BreyKrause is the best. Planted and Sparco have some issues. does that about sum it up?
Sparco - https://www.ogracing.com/collections...ro-2010-driver
Brey Krause - https://www.bkauto.com/R_9170_2016_6...r_p/r-9170.htm
Planted - link shown earlier in thread

Question 3 - want a containment seat - has anyone put either a Sparco Circuit 2 or an OMP HTE-R XL in the car? wondering if there are any learnings from fitting it.
Putting is seats is very complicated and its good to get help from the pros or just have them do it.

1. You need to use a Camaro specific base due to the track and the floor is not flat. Probably want to use planted if you are making a track car. BK is the best if you want to retain stock belts and use sliders. Recaro makes the best sliders.

2. Choosing the correct seat brackets is a challenge. Which one use use depends on a lot of things. I took my seat to the race shop and tried and bunch of different brackets. The issue with Sparco is with their sliders which are know to have slop.

3. If you look around you can find people that have used containment seats (for track only cars) which are probably on plated mounts using the correct bracket for the seat and position needed. Picking the correct seat you have do be careful to use one that fits in the car and fits you. Some seats don't fit in the Camaro with the door closed.
Old 06-27-2021, 09:42 PM   #27
cre8fun

Drives: audi R8; ss 1le; F250
Quote:
Putting is seats is very complicated and its good to get help from the pros or just have them do it.

1. You need to use a Camaro specific base due to the track and the floor is not flat. Probably want to use planted if you are making a track car. BK is the best if you want to retain stock belts and use sliders. Recaro makes the best sliders.

2. Choosing the correct seat brackets is a challenge. Which one use use depends on a lot of things. I took my seat to the race shop and tried and bunch of different brackets. The issue with Sparco is with their sliders which are know to have slop.

3. If you look around you can find people that have used containment seats (for track only cars) which are probably on plated mounts using the correct bracket for the seat and position needed. Picking the correct seat you have do be careful to use one that fits in the car and fits you. Some seats don't fit in the Camaro with the door closed.
Good input. thanks
cre8fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 11:05 AM   #28
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
Quote:

i did alot of research to make sure mine would work right still not in my car yet but hopefully soon and hopefully it all fits and works!