Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-23-2017, 11:38 AM   #15
Joe's_cool_1le

Drives: Black 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
1LE hands down for me. The most impressive car I've ever driven. The seats are awesome to me and I have heated and cooled seats in my F350 but don't miss them when I'm in my 1LE. Radio I hear isn't very good with no speakers in the trunk but then again this car is my music and I never turn on the radio. I have absolutely no complaints about the car at all. It's my daily driver but I'm also only commuting a few miles which is about 10-15 minutes. You can't get any better for the money as well. Now just to keep me honest, I've never driven a 2SS. That would seem like a good test if you can drive them both to see but I'm guessing it's pretty hard to find a 1LE to test drive though. I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed either way.
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Joe's_cool_1le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:45 AM   #16
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by brihorse View Post
Go to www.Chevrolet.com, choose Camaro, choose specs, choose compare, choose 1SS and then choose 2SS to compare it to. The summit white 1LE is what drew my attention to buying a Camaro last fall because it is visually awesome (along with mechanically) but I would not need the suspension performance parts because my car would never see the track. Along with my 2016 2SS Vert with a $56,665 MSRP was cheaper than buying a base 2017 1LE. That played a HUGE part.
How is your $56,665 vert cheaper than a base 1LE, which is roughly 45-46k?
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:47 AM   #17
brihorse
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 68 C10 Stepside,87 Grand Natl
Got my car for $40,400 plus tax last October when they had big deals going on.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Old 04-23-2017, 11:49 AM   #18
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

You saved over 25% off msrp they must of been desperate to sell that car.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #19
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Your deal doesn't really help the OP it's a one off and not the norm. Shouldn't be figured into his decision but congrats on your deal.
Old 04-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #20
brihorse
Detroit Muscle

Drives: 68 C10 Stepside,87 Grand Natl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Your deal doesn't really help the OP it's a one off and not the norm. Shouldn't be figured into his decision but congrats on your deal.
I thought that the first part of my post was the most productive post so far for comparison purposes.

Old 04-23-2017, 12:00 PM   #21
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brihorse View Post
I thought that the first part of my post was the most productive post so far for comparison purposes.

I didn't argue that point however I would assume most people know you can go to Chevrolet.com for a comparison, that's not a huge secret.
Old 04-23-2017, 12:01 PM   #22
Joe's_cool_1le

Comments like "I don't plan on tracking a the car so the suspension doesn't matter" is really an odd statement because getting a car that has 455HP can easily follow that same logic. Maybe you should have gotten a V6 or 4 cylinder. Just saying.

It's all about ones personal preference period.
2017 1LE SS Black - Mods - Forged - lowered compression - BTR custom Cam - Whipple, 3.500 upper and 8.0 lower pulley, Roto-Fab, 1 7/8 Kooks headers, off road pipes, & 3" Kooks full exhaust. LT4 fuel system, with Alky single nozzle running 100% meth. (not installed yet) DSX Tuning flex fuel and DSX tuning Aux pump
Old 04-23-2017, 12:08 PM   #23
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

My car will most likely never see track yet i considered nothing other than the 1LE. Price not an issue for me if they offered a 2SS 1LE I would of bought one, but i wanted krpyton green so I ultimately got the car I wanted. Would I like cooled seats sure i would but my last car is the only car that ever had those, I managed just fine the first 35 years without them so I'll be ok. For me the 1LE represents more than just a track car, while i understand thats what its designed for. I could have bought a ZL1 and i briefly considered it, but I don't like the wheels and I don't like the spoiler, can that stuff be easily changed sure it can, but if I'm gonna spend 62k plus on a car it better have everything I like to start with. For me the 1LE was the perfect car and at a great price point.
Old 04-23-2017, 01:11 PM   #24
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post
Comments like "I don't plan on tracking a the car so the suspension doesn't matter" is really an odd statement because getting a car that has 455HP can easily follow that same logic. Maybe you should have gotten a V6 or 4 cylinder. Just saying.

For an owner who won't be tracking their car, there's a much more noticeable difference on public roads between turbo-4/V6 and V8 than there is between regular V8 & V8 w/ 1LE - in particular the sound, the acceleration from a stop, and the availability of Magnetic Ride Control. These are all things an owner can appreciate every day, even when driving as normally as the average car. On the other hand, the SS 1LE's revised suspension, e-LSD, and better-gripping tires are all phenomenal in their intended environment, but in that same normal driving scenario (or even up to some quite spirited driving), it's highly unlikely that the 1LE's features would be as noticeable.

So yes, it all comes down to personal preference, but objectively speaking there's still a much bigger difference between choosing between V8 (any) vs a smaller engine than between two V8 versions.

-----------------------------

OP, if it's within your budget and no tracking is likely, there IS the option to order a 2SS, and then have the 1LE suspension package which Chevrolet offers installed. Considering that the current SS is already on par with the highly regarded 5th gen 1LE even in its most basic form, adding that package's revised suspension & MRC calibration gives you an even more impressive car. You still miss out on the e-LSD, but for regular road use you probably won't notice, and at a much cheaper price.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #25
srcstc

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post

I got the same discount in December on a 2SS.
OP wait a few months and look for a great deal on a 2017.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
srcstc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 02:33 PM   #26
Joe's_cool_1le

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrainz2k3 View Post
For an owner who won't be tracking their car, there's a much more noticeable difference on public roads between turbo-4/V6 and V8 than there is between regular V8 & V8 w/ 1LE - in particular the sound, the acceleration from a stop, and the availability of Magnetic Ride Control. These are all things an owner can appreciate every day, even when driving as normally as the average car. On the other hand, the SS 1LE's revised suspension, e-LSD, and better-gripping tires are all phenomenal in their intended environment, but in that same normal driving scenario (or even up to some quite spirited driving), it's highly unlikely that the 1LE's features would be as noticeable.

So yes, it all comes down to personal preference, but objectively speaking there's still a much bigger difference between choosing between V8 (any) vs a smaller engine than between two V8 versions.

-----------------------------

OP, if it's within your budget and no tracking is likely, there IS the option to order a 2SS, and then have the 1LE suspension package which Chevrolet offers installed. Considering that the current SS is already on par with the highly regarded 5th gen 1LE even in its most basic form, adding that package's revised suspension & MRC calibration gives you an even more impressive car. You still miss out on the e-LSD, but for regular road use you probably won't notice, and at a much cheaper price.
I notice my e-LSD all the time and couldn't imagine it without it. Even before supercharging it. It helps keep pointed in the right direction if I do any "spirited driving". This car rides like it's on rails and you can switch it to touring mode for some riding "comfort" but me personally I never take the car out of track mode. I love the feel of the road and the throughly enough that mode more then any others. You are correct that I will never see my cars full potential until it's tracked but again I'll say you'll never see the full potential of a 455hp engine until it's on the track too. But yes we both agree that is a personal preference.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:07 PM   #27
AdmAnt13

Drives: '16 Red Hot 2SS M6 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's_cool_1le View Post

It's not odd. The point is for some a 1LE isn't worth it because the extra few seconds on a track means nothing to them.
For me, the 2SS is an amazing handling machine. If I decide to track it, I'll be grinning. Will the 1LE be better on the track, yeah. But when I'm daily driving on a Sunday, those cooled leather seats and lane departure and navigation make me grin as well.

'16 2SS, M6, Borla Atak
AdmAnt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 03:15 PM   #28
Joe's_cool_1le

I'd say "you say tomato and I say tomato" lol... But not very affective when typing it.