Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 11-12-2023, 04:12 PM   #1
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
MAD Acid Detailing - does it work?

Who here has tried this product on their wheels and under carriage? I've seen the video on how it turned old mufflers looking brand new. Not sure if it's legit, but curious on hearing from those who have tried before I decide to purchase.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 07:57 PM   #2
SummitWhite11

Anyone?? I'm more interested in this product for cleaning the inside of the rims.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 11-23-2023, 01:49 PM   #3
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Haven't tried it.
I use Tuga Devil. Works really well, so haven't changed from it.
If you use it post some before and after pics.
I've seen many on aluminum wheels, but none on clear coated.
A wheel woolie is mandatory if you're not removing them for cleaning.

For muffler polishing, Never Dull is great, and inexpensive.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 05:19 PM   #4
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
I've not used anything like that. But I do use Simple Green Degreaser concentrate on my wheel barrels, and it cleans them up real nice! Then I give them a coating of wax.
Old 11-23-2023, 08:12 PM   #5
AlisoBob

Drives: Camaro 2SS Gen 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
I do use Simple Green Degreaser concentrate on my wheel barrels
Spray 9 is at least twice a good as Simple Green. Maybe 3X.

Every Home Depot carries it.

Be careful with it around paint. It will dull it.
Attached Images

AlisoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 10:59 AM   #6
DRC69

Drives: 2011 RS 2LT
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisoBob View Post

Good info thank you.
DRC69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 11:55 AM   #7
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisoBob View Post

And it won't harm the clear coat on the painted wheels?? Since most of them are painted and cleared. Even the polished M228's I used to have. Polished and cleared. Just curious. After all the cars paint IS also cleared..
Old 11-25-2023, 12:09 PM   #8
AlisoBob

Drives: Camaro 2SS Gen 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
And it won't harm the clear coat on the painted wheels??
The question was about the barrel section, correct? Keep it to that area, and you'll be fine. Get it on anything else, just rinse it off. Do not let it sit!
AlisoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 09:40 AM   #9
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
This is what I use to clean both wheels and tires. P&S brake Buster. Spray it on both wheels and tires use a soft brush and it cleans both! I get it from autogeek.net you can find it on Amazon as well.

Name:  Screenshot 2023-11-29 105012.png
Views: 156
Size:  356.3 KB

Last edited by Trickskier; 11-29-2023 at 09:52 AM.
Trickskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2023, 06:31 PM   #10
SummitWhite11

Thanks for the replies. The Mad Acid detailing is a spray that requires no wiping or scrubbing. Spray on and let it sit for a min and hose off. The videos show it actually melting away the old brake dust and road grime. IF needed spray a second time and it should do the trick. I haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet. The rims on Camaro doesn't really need it since it is clean for the most part and I usually can get my hands in between the spokes during washing. I will most likely be using this for my Daily driver which has the textured Matte black rims. They are KMC Dirty Harry's and the build up behind the rims need a good cleaning!
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2023, 05:51 AM   #11
Trickskier
Native Floridian

Drives: 2014 - ZL1 / 2003 - Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
Thanks for the replies. The Mad Acid detailing is a spray that requires no wiping or scrubbing. Spray on and let it sit for a min and hose off. The videos show it actually melting away the old brake dust and road grime. IF needed spray a second time and it should do the trick. I haven't gotten around to purchasing it yet. The rims on Camaro doesn't really need it since it is clean for the most part and I usually can get my hands in between the spokes during washing. I will most likely be using this for my Daily driver which has the textured Matte black rims. They are KMC Dirty Harry's and the build up behind the rims need a good cleaning!
I haven't found any wheel cleaner that I can spray on and hose off. Especially on my ZL1 wheels. Please let us know your results.
Old 12-29-2023, 08:30 AM   #12
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trickskier View Post
I haven't found any wheel cleaner that I can spray on and hose off. Especially on my ZL1 wheels. Please let us know your results.

I'll do that once I end up purchasing it.