Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-21-2023, 09:35 AM   #29
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Drives: '19 ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by medotechinc@gmail.com View Post
I think what you are discribing is correct. It does happen when 1-4 message pops up. Yes and it only happens 1-2 no other gears....Very annoying....
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
Have you adjusted your driving style to see if that's it? This is a really simple way to see what you're getting in the car.
Based on OP's post above, I'm convinced he's experiencing skip shift rather than there being any issue with their car.

Quote:
Monroe NJ. Just called Tune Times they wouldnt do it without getting tune package, told me that i can install myself. I can but I don't have a lift.
Do you have a jack and jack stands? It's a super easy install.

You're about 45 mins from me -- I'm in Summit. If you'd like, you're welcome to come by and I will help you with the install. We can toss your car up on my quickjack. It'll be a 5 min install -- more time will be spent getting the car in the air than installing the skip shift eliminator. Let me know.
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
RamAir02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 10:15 AM   #30
medotechinc@gmail.com

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Which one I should get? What are the options?
medotechinc@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 10:27 AM   #31
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Quote:
Which one I should get? What are the options?
Honestly, get the cheapest one you can find. Here are some options...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/143201828613
https://www.phastekperformance.com/p...aro-v8-manual/
https://www.amazon.com/Muzzys-Camaro.../dp/B00J6DJOPE
PPF | Paint Correction | ZL1 Addons Rock Guards | ZL1 Addons Lift Pads | ZL1 Addons Feather Lite Tow Hook | JWM Smoked Sidemarkers | Wildhammer Smoked Rear Reflectors | JWM License Plate LEDs | RotoFab CAI | ADM IC Reservoir v2 | BC Forged RZ05 | SPL Toe Arms | BW Brake Deflectors | CMS Roll Bar | Schroth Profi II ASM Harnesses
Sold: '99 Trans Am (bolt-ons & cam) | '00 WS6 (bolt-ons, heads, cam, 12 bolt) | '05 CTS-V (bolt-ons, short throw) | '10 SS/RS M6 (short throw, CAI, coilovers, LTs, catback, JRE tune) | '01 WS6

YouTube
Old 03-21-2023, 10:52 AM   #32
2004YZFR1

Drives: 2020 Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2SS 1LE
To the OP these transmissions an be kind of notchy. When you shift from 1st to second make sure to do it firmly. It’s almost like a 2 part feel to it. And don’t worry about buying and installing a skip shift eliminator. Just give it a bit more gas and shift at 18 mph+. My car only did that once and it was my fault. It was cold out and I was going too easy on the pull from first to second. Make sure you feel it stop when you pull the shifter down. Good luck.
2004YZFR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 10:56 AM   #33
medotechinc@gmail.com

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Thanks! Looks like some of them have wiring between two harnesses, some don't. Is there a difference?
medotechinc@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2023, 11:09 AM   #34
RamAir02
Shadow Gray '19 ZLE M6

Quote:
Thanks! Looks like some of them have wiring between two harnesses, some don't. Is there a difference?
No difference.

YouTube
Old 03-21-2023, 01:23 PM   #35
hawk02
Coupe Newbie

Drives: 2017 ZL1, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobZL1 View Post
That is correct. It doesn't engage until over X temp, or under a certain throttle, or outside of a certain mph.

I believe I was thinking of 19 mph not 1900 rpm. I'm not in front of my tuning laptop at the moment, but I believe the mph limit is 19 mph, and that's what I was thinking of: keep it in first until you get above 19mph if it's trying to force a 1>4 shift
You are correct. Shift from 1st to 2nd gear at 19 mph or above and skip shift will never engage.

I’ve owned a manual Camaro since 2012 and maybe had skip shift pop up six times in those 11 years so I’ve never seen it as a big issue. I’m almost always above 20 mph when I shift from 1st to 2nd.