#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-21-2023, 08:34 PM   #29
willzilla
D3RPZILLA

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 a10
ACS is the best looking and fitting.

I had ACS and swapped to the ZL1 addons deluxe which are not nearly as nice. The ACS is molded to fit perfectly, no gaps, etc. Kind of a pain as you need to rivet the front ones into the wheel liner.

The ZL1Addons ones are pretty much just flat plastic you bend around the arch in the wheel well.

I switched as I have an anderson composites rear diffuser and Trufiber carbon fiber side skirt covers so the precise fitted ACS rock guards do not fit.

I kind of show some comparisons between the 2 in this video (around the 2 min mark or so):

Here is the zl1addons deluxe rock guards:

Here are the ACS:

For a perfect fit in the rear with my anderson diffuser I ended up shaving down the spacers a bit to get them to sit nice and flush, no gaps.
willzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:49 PM   #30
Black_ZL1

Drives: 24 Camaro ZL1
I’m like many and feel the ACS option is extremely expensive for glorified mudflaps, however as someone stated above, to protect a $70K car, $400 is relative. The 400 dollar question, do they actually do what they are intended to do on a ZL1 non-1LE given the low profile? Is anyone still experiencing excessive rock chips or can anyone confirm less rock chips because of these ACS Rock guards? Im on the fence as every video or review talks about how nice they look, which they do look really nice compared to the competition but nobody seems to talk about how well they actually function. Thoughts or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Black_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 05:59 PM   #31
Broooster

Drives: Sharkskin Metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_ZL1 View Post
I’m like many and feel the ACS option is extremely expensive for glorified mudflaps, however as someone stated above, to protect a $70K car, $400 is relative. The 400 dollar question, do they actually do what they are intended to do on a ZL1 non-1LE given the low profile? Is anyone still experiencing excessive rock chips or can anyone confirm less rock chips because of these ACS Rock guards? Im on the fence as every video or review talks about how nice they look, which they do look really nice compared to the competition but nobody seems to talk about how well they actually function. Thoughts or feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I put my ACS guards on fairly early in ownership, and I have very few chip after 9K plus miles. Would I have more without them, IDK, but I will say I'm happy with them. I'll skimp on other items, like my winter car cover, which is a couple of old flannel sheets, because, who cares when its in storage.
Broooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 06:31 PM   #32
Black_ZL1

Drives: 24 Camaro ZL1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broooster View Post
I put my ACS guards on fairly early in ownership, and I have very few chip after 9K plus miles. Would I have more without them, IDK, but I will say I'm happy with them. I'll skimp on other items, like my winter car cover, which is a couple of old flannel sheets, because, who cares when its in storage.
@Broooster Thank you for the quick reply!
Black_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2024, 09:51 PM   #33
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_ZL1 View Post
They are much more useful on a ZL1 than on a Camaro with no side skirts, as these skirts contribute a lot to rocker panel protection, somewhat obviating the need for rock guards that poke out very far. As you stated, the cost is relative, and these ACS parts look super nice indeed.

Nevertheless, I went with Rokblokz mudflaps for my car even though I have side skirts, because 1) I have a great looking aftermarket rear diffuser and the ACS guards offer zero protection for its underside, whereas the Rokblokz guards extend across the entire width of my (305 wide) rear tires, and 2) the Rokblokz are completely reversible, do not require any riveting or damaging the paint with metal claw clips (it has extra plastic tabs for the front guards). As far as I know, this second point rules out all other rock guard products for the 6th gen Camaro.

Now, these rock guards that I have are no doubt glorified mudflaps with some very Camaro-esque cuts and pretty edge beads, and I completely understand that they aren't for everyone, the ACS product is definitely more "OEM-y". The good thing is we can all choose what we consider the best for our own car.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote