Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-15-2023, 10:45 AM   #1
bobr76

Drives: Camaro V6 Fifty
New owner - help with US to EU conversion

Hey folks. New here and need some help .
I am in process of ordering Camaro V6 from US and then I will convert it to EU standards as much as possible (front and rear lights, DRL's, fog lights, side markers, side mirrors...).

-I read on some posts here that the side mirrors are compatible to swap US to EU with of course need to add the blinker wire. There is a post with part numbers of mirrors but those have arabic text on the mirror, I need English.
-For the front lights I was thinking of going with a full LED aftermarket swap which could have DRL feature. That's because in the EU the car with Xeon lights needs a washer spray and DRL is mandatory. I don't really want to drill the bumper for the washer spray. Any recommendations on full front lights LED kit with DRL?
-For the rear lights there are options locally to modify existing lamps and give them EU needed amber blinkers and fog lights. Not yet decided yet what to do. Can anyone recommend a full lights kit with amber blinkers that I can just easily swap with the stock US lights?
-Regarding side markers I see that the official EU Camaro has some white color plastic, I think it's just reflectors. For sure I will have to disable or convert the stock US markers. I am actually considering just putting a black foil over it and taking out the bulbs. But then I need EU side mirrors with blinkers.

-And lastly, I found a VIN (1G1F91R71J0165782) from a 2018 EU version Camaro that's selling on the local market. Can someone check and send me the part numbers of this car's side mirrors?
Thanks in advance and can't wait to get my Camaro delivered...
bobr76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2023, 11:20 PM   #2
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Hey bobr76, to the forums. Let me try to help with as much as I can, and hopefully others can chime in with more or newer information.
1. You need EU mirror assemblies that you can mate with EU (not Arabia) mirror glass parts.

I have older mirror assembly part numbers (84639837 for the driver side and 84639836 for the passenger side), but these numbers change as often as you change underwear, so you will want to check with a parts department in email about the latest and what glass you can pair with them. Post #90 in the thread mentioned in point 3 below has a European Camaro VIN that you can use to inquire about matching part numbers.

These assemblies come primed, you'll need to paint or wrap them.

2. Here is a good option: https://www.morimotohid.com/morimoto...hts?quantity=1

3. EU Camaros have different taillight assemblies, rear bumper, diffuser and an extra reverse light at the bottom center of their EU/Asia specific diffuser, much like what the Mustang has. Check this thread and post #77 in particular for a simple solution: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=461922

4. You can do that if it's legal in Poland, or you can buy clear reflectors and remove the bulbs. Or, although this is more expensive, you could buy LED replacement side markers with clear lenses (e.g. https://www.diodedynamics.com/led-si...amaro-set.html). I'd keep them plugged in, they add useful functionality while driving, and when the car is off (parked), they look exactly like the EU version.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 05:52 AM   #3
bobr76

Thanks a lot arpad_m for the reply and all the tips.

I will check up that VIN and see what side mirrors I can get.

For the rear lights, I also found this option to modify them locally and they would work like this: https://youtu.be/cxsIo6Hyg20
Is this something similar to how the actual EU spec lights behave? This modification gives me reverse light, amber turn signals and fog light. All what I need for EU roads and no need to modify the bumper or difusor. And best of all it's way cheaper than buying new lamps .

I do need to check what makes sense around side markers. Depending on the car's color I will make the decision for clear reflectors or black vinyl wrap.
Old 03-17-2023, 04:02 PM   #4
bobr76

Well, things have changed a bit. I found a 2017 V6 Fifty edition already imported and registered on the local market. Picked it up today and it's a beauty The most impressive is the sound

Rear lights have already been changed by the previous owner so that's one less thing to worry
I decided to change the side markers and side mirrors. And by the way the US stock side mirrors are terrible. Too small, flat, nothing is visible... All Camaro's deserve EU style side mirrors in my opinion.

I will post some pictures once I sort out above.

One more thing I noticed. Driving on the highway I saw a big difference in speed on the dashboard and the speed on the phone GPS. I know American cars exaggerate with the speed shown but this difference is really big (cars 170kmh vs actual GPS 145kmh). Is there a way to calibrate the car speed shown on dashboard?
Old 03-17-2023, 09:49 PM   #5
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobr76 View Post
Well, things have changed a bit. I found a 2017 V6 Fifty edition already imported and registered on the local market. Picked it up today and it's a beauty The most impressive is the sound

Rear lights have already been changed by the previous owner so that's one less thing to worry
I decided to change the side markers and side mirrors. And by the way the US stock side mirrors are terrible. Too small, flat, nothing is visible... All Camaro's deserve EU style side mirrors in my opinion.

I will post some pictures once I sort out above.

One more thing I noticed. Driving on the highway I saw a big difference in speed on the dashboard and the speed on the phone GPS. I know American cars exaggerate with the speed shown but this difference is really big (cars 170kmh vs actual GPS 145kmh). Is there a way to calibrate the car speed shown on dashboard?
Awesome, brother, congratulations

Your side mirrors are what I call "truck mirrors" but jokes aside, when set properly as per driving manuals and schools, the US mirrors are quite fine, the one thing I miss from them is the ability to fold (and power folding would be even better, but, hey this is a muscle/sports car, not some boring SUV).

Mine has very little, if any difference between the in-car speedo and GPS, does your new Camaro have non-stock tires and wheels?

Yes, rotational parameters are configurable, but you do need a tuning device such as HP Tuners' MPVI2 or MPVI3 with their VCM Suite software (see below—btw units are configurable both individually and globally, you can set centimeters and kilometers in lieu of inches and miles if you want ). You may consider investing in such a device anyway, I don't think you have any warranty left on this car, and even if you did, being in Poland means you probably couldn't use it anyway.
Attached Images

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 03:44 AM   #6
bobr76

You are absolutely right. I do miss the mirrors folding as I nearly scratched the mirror yesterday in the tight garage spot

Interesting about the speed. The wheels are stock 20" Camaro the Fifty edition. The tires are 255x40 20" with a good amount of thread left on them. Could it be that the dimensions of the tires are not correct? I have not checked the manual yet.

Thanks for the advice. I will look into that tuning device or try to find a local tuner to check it out.

One more thing I noticed is the FM radio does not pick up many local stations. I read through articles that's normal as EU radio is slightly different. There is a service that converts the MyLink from US to EU and that should solve it in addition of adding EU navigation maps. That's another thing to do.
Old 03-21-2023, 08:43 AM   #7
Richard79

Drives: 2019 Camaro V8 Coupe (UK) 6 speed
I have an official GM UK/EU Camaro (2019 although its the pre facelift one which only got sold in the UK/EU). Good to hear you found a car but for those thinking of importing, I think the main differences to the US cars are:

25w D5S bulbs in the headlights (so you don't need washers - US cars are 35w)

Rear lights use the reverse lights as turn and add a separate reverse light in the diffuser area.

Bigger mirrors with turn signals included.

No side marker lights (just white reflectors)

No lower DRLs - just a chrome strip.

Different Mylink with EU stations, DAB radio.

I think that's about it.
Richard79 is offline   Reply With Quote