Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - New England

Bigwormgraphix

Old 07-26-2022, 02:12 PM   #29
xxjoeyxxeb

Drives: 2022 1SS 1LE
Any reviews on Tracy in Plymouth? I saw they are a Corvette Signature Dealer if that means anything. Best was too, but apparently they are in the dog house.
xxjoeyxxeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 06:52 PM   #30
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
I don’t know anything about Marty’s or Tracey service (Tracey, they wouldn’t deal at all on a ZL1 order a couple years back).

I live in Hanover, so both of the above aren’t all that far away. I bought my current car from Quirk. While I previously said they weren’t all that good, it appears as though the service manager has changed, for the better (but, that was 7 or 8 months ago). No matter what, all dealers are struggling to retain good help…so it’s a crap shoot all around (unfortunately).

Good luck with your car.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 02:49 PM   #31
MikeV

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Chevy Dealer service in Mass.

Hello All, I'm a long time viewer but have never posted anything so take this as you will, But i do have to make a comment on where not to go. So yesterday i went to Herb Chambers Chevy in Danvers. I needed an oil change and everything went well, until i got the bill. They charged me $260 for an oil & filter change. I questioned the service associate and he stated that price of the synthetic oil went up dramatically and that was the reason for the cost increase.

My previous oil change there, last year was around $120. The $260 didn't sit right with me so i looked up the cost of the oil on line (Mobil 1 Dexos 2 0-W40) and there was not too much of a price increase most was $12/qt or less. I also called 4 other Chevy dealers in my area and asked what they would charge. I was quoted $101-$121 and specifically asked that it was for that type of oil at 10 qt's.

I then called back the service manager and got no where with him. So beware if you go to this dealer.

My next oil service will either be with one of the others at the lower prices or i'll do it myself.
Thanks Mike
MikeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 03:28 PM   #32
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Hello All, I'm a long time viewer but have never posted anything so take this as you will, But i do have to make a comment on where not to go. So yesterday i went to Herb Chambers Chevy in Danvers. I needed an oil change and everything went well, until i got the bill. They charged me $260 for an oil & filter change. I questioned the service associate and he stated that price of the synthetic oil went up dramatically and that was the reason for the cost increase.

My previous oil change there, last year was around $120. The $260 didn't sit right with me so i looked up the cost of the oil on line (Mobil 1 Dexos 2 0-W40) and there was not too much of a price increase most was $12/qt or less. I also called 4 other Chevy dealers in my area and asked what they would charge. I was quoted $101-$121 and specifically asked that it was for that type of oil at 10 qt's.

I then called back the service manager and got no where with him. So beware if you go to this dealer.

My next oil service will either be with one of the others at the lower prices or i'll do it myself.
Thanks Mike
Happy to confirm Mike’s experience.

That’s where I bought my car new. Upon agreeing to buy the car and while prepping it, they proceeded to deeply gouge the front end through the clear coat, paint, and primer down (and into!) the urethane. They then proceeded to drill multiple holes in the front bumper cover trying to figure out how to mount the front license plate. Absolute hacks.