Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Phastek Performance

Old 09-21-2022, 08:51 PM   #15
SlopMad

Drives: 2019 Chevy Camaro SS
It's only been a few days but I am impressed!
SlopMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 06:06 AM   #16
keep_hope_alive
Electrical Engineer

Drives: 2023 1SS A10 Black
The SS is an awesome machine for the money. It was meant to be, glad it worked out for you to be at a Chevy dealership.

1100: 5/3/22 . . . . . . . 2000: 6/25/22 . . . . . .4000: 8/17/22 . . . . . . . 6000: 9/10/22

Daily Driver mileage update: 22k mi. @ April 2024
New Engine @ 22,600

Build Log: https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...6#post11353116
keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 12:09 PM   #17
Trignama

Drives: 2023 Camaro 2 SS
Nice man! I too reside in Arizona, hopefully will see you on the roads one day!
Trignama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 10:25 AM   #18
CSCrider

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Vert
No doubt your soon-to-be 16 year old has his eyes on that Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlopMad View Post
Hi all. First off, I'm thrilled to find myself here amongst other Camaro owners and enthusiasts. I was in the market for a new car and had pretty much settled on a Mustang. Crazy, I know. But I owned a 1998 back in 2000 and really enjoyed it. I digress... Before yesterday, I had a 2018 Nissan Frontier Pro-4x fairly modded for overlanding (complete with rooftop ten). I also had a 1996 Corvette that I used mostly when the weather was nice (I'm in Arizona so a decent amount of the time). However, over the years, I found myself going offroard and camping less and less and enjoying the thrill of the sports car on the open and less-traveled roads more and more. I was at a crossroads: keep on with what I have (although, I was starting to chase gremlins in the Vette) OR upgrade to something that I'll only use on paved surfaces. I made my choice and started the hunt. I started looking at C7 Vettes but they were a touch more than I wanted to spend (north of $50k) and my wife wanted something with back seats (kids are 13 and 15). I shifted the search to Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros. The Challenger fell away quick mostly due to everyone saying it's not as nimble as the Mustang and Camaro. So I shifted over to the Mustang (stick with what you know kind of thing). I had a deal set: the numbers looks good, the car was nice (performance pack one, I believe), and I was satisfied. At the last minute the dealership pulled out because they didn't want to take the Vette as part of the deal (I didn't want to bother selling it on my own). I thought I might have better luck with a Chevy dealership so I started looking at Camaros. They were more expensive than both the Challenger and Mustang (partially why I didn't give them more consideration in the beginning). But now I know why. After some back and forth via text going over the numbers, I decided to make the trek to the dealership and drive the car. I pulled up and parked my truck and I saw a shiny, black Camaro sitting in the very front. As soon as I laid my eyes on it, I thought "if that's the car, I am in trouble". It was literally love at first sight. I had a fantastic dealership buying experience. Most of the numbers were done via text (I didn't want to waste my time or theirs). I brought my truck in for them to appraise knowing I would have to bring the Vette back in, too. They gave me a generous amount for my truck (considerably more than the Mustang deal) and a fantastic amount for the Vette (more than double the Mustang deal). Overall, I walked away with a good amount of equity already in the Camaro. I told my son (15, soon to be 16) that I've owned a lot of cars over the years but this was far and away my favorite. If you made it this far, thank you for listening to my story. I look forward to seeing everyone else's rides!
CSCrider is offline   Reply With Quote