Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Phastek Performance

Old 01-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #29
Lougill

Drives: 2013 ZL1 convertible
Get rid of the CEO, she has no business being in the car business....GM trying to meet some women requirement....experiment failed!!
Lougill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:41 PM   #30
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lougill View Post
Get rid of the CEO, she has no business being in the car business....GM trying to meet some women requirement....experiment failed!!

...I mean she is an engineer who worked her way up through the ranks, not just some random woman they plucked off the street as a diversity hire.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:12 PM   #31
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
...I mean she is an engineer who worked her way up through the ranks, not just some random woman they plucked off the street as a diversity hire.
yeah, but now that you've provided facts, we can just attack those:

She only got where she is due to X, Y or Z and not because she is talented or earned it.

yes, this is /S
Old 01-07-2019, 05:27 PM   #32
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
Quote:
Ok. That's cute and all, but that still doesn't qualify her to be CEO. I mean she done sooo much good since she's been running things. Not.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 05:52 PM   #33
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
She's held numerous executive positions during her career, got the company through the embarrassing and expensive ignition switch fiasco (as a rookie CEO), generated a profit year over year, and has probably done more preparation/planning for the future than any GM CEO I can remember. Not sure what more you want. If you're all pissed at her now because GM's idling/closing plants, blame consumers for basically completely abandoning the passenger car market.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:20 PM   #34
ChickenPoop
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Plum Crazy Scat Pack Charger
Quote:
She's held numerous executive positions during her career, got the company through the embarrassing and expensive ignition switch fiasco (as a rookie CEO), generated a profit year over year, and has probably done more preparation/planning for the future than any GM CEO I can remember. Not sure what more you want. If you're all pissed at her now because GM's idling/closing plants, blame consumers for basically completely abandoning the passenger car market.
I blame her because she is at the helm of a company that won't own up to the fact that have a garbage tranny in the A8 and I have a 50 grand car with a ****ed up trans. That's my problem. They are screwing over the consumer, thousands of them and doing it with a smile on their face, that's my problem. The closing plants and blaming it on consumers is bullshit. GM screwed themselves a long time ago. The care more about their own asses than they do customer service. You wanted to know what MY problem was, there you go. Others results may vary.
ChickenPoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 07:08 PM   #35
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
Ok. That's cute and all, but that still doesn't qualify her to be CEO. I mean she done sooo much good since she's been running things. Not.
Yeah, what has she ever done. $2.5B in profits off of $35B in revenue in one quarter is something no CEO should ever be proud of.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:20 AM   #36
rocket403

Drives: 80 Cutlass 403, 2010 FF RT
Quote:
If you're all pissed at her now because GM's idling/closing plants, blame consumers for basically completely abandoning the passenger car market.
Sorry I blame GM for not having a good product that people what to spend their money on, every north american car manufacture has cut back car production some more than others. I have not seen this happen to non north american companies or if it has then it has not been on the same level as GM and Ford.
rocket403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 09:36 AM   #37

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Sorry I blame GM for not having a good product that people what to spend their money on, every north american car manufacture has cut back car production some more than others. I have not seen this happen to non north american companies or if it has then it has not been on the same level as GM and Ford.

The plant closings in the US absolutely suck. And it helped pad the books for the wonderful multi-billion dollar profits, along with the corporate tax-cuts. Congratulations GM and Mary Barra. The Lordstown plant and others are just ecstatic you shut down the same paid for platform that produced over 90K units last year of Impala, Lacrosse, Caddy XTS, etc. Of course Cruz outproduced all of those, but alas, Cruze had to go too. Well done.

And of course nice timing for putting the Blazer into Mexico instead of somewhere in the US....Heaven forbid there be no replacement for the Cruze in the Mexican plant. Again, all hail such a bold move putting a new model in Mexico instead of the US. No one is buying sedans supposedly, so might as well stop selling over 100K units of those in favor of electric cars that don't even exist. And bring to market a new Mexican import Blazer.

And as reported, Mark Reuss is in lock-step with the CEO. Can't wait to see him drive a Mexican Blazer at the Ring.
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 10:26 AM   #38
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenPoop View Post
it sounds like people are jumping on the Bandwagon because she is a Woman. I think people need to understand that when a New CEO comes in they inherit what came before them and even if they have the newest best idea, it takes time to implement ( or to get rid of failed experiments).

Now, I don't like how Corporate Execs get paid, but since she has generated Billions of Dollars, she has done her job. I think Plant Closings have a lot more to do with external forces.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 12:56 PM   #39
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket403 View Post
Most of them are where they are with product offerings in the US. Most have been caught off guard with the US consumer end-run to CUVs, although some are in relatively decent position because they build SUVs and CUVs in the US for sale here and export to other countries. BMW builds X3, X4, X5, X6, and soon X7 in Spartanburg, SC. As far as their sedans, they are all imported, so if sales slow, they just import fewer.

Nissan in particular has extended downtime and laid off workers at its Aguascalientes, Mexico plant due to low sales of sedans coming out of that plant.

Honda and Toyota build sedans in North America and are seeing declining sales as much as anyone else. Both build CUVs in the same North American plants that build sedans, so one line slows, the other speeds up. Same workers building them. Similarly, while GMs car plants struggle, the CUV plants are burning midnight oil. So much for not having a product people want. Pretty sure the same is true for Ford, but to be honest, I haven't checked that.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:47 AM   #40
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:

I remember reading an article recently quoting GM Mexico top brass that they were worried about layoffs because of the Cruze (hatchback) being cancelled.

They were relieved when they looked at the numbers and realized that no layoffs were necessary because production of the Blazer was starting up soon.

Thank God GM saved those Mexican jobs.
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:54 AM   #41
John_C
LSx FTW!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Hope he keeps the GM performance stuff going.

I left Ford for the LSx game and the LT’s look to be even better.

I want to see these CTSV, ZO6, ZL1, 1LE, etc., continue to live on and advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kooks Jet Hot Headers
Kooks Full 3in exhaust
Trick Flow GenX 255's
Polished PAC .660's & Ti-retainers
TSP VVT 3.2 cam kit w/DoD Delete
Smith Bro's Trunnion kit
AEM X-Series OBDII Widebands
FIC ID1300x Injectors
GM ZL1 High Output Fuel Pump
DSX Tuning Flex Sensor
DSX Auxiliary Fuel System
Tim King Stage 4 Max Effort CTSV 6L90
DSS 1 piece aluminum driveshaft
JRE 6L80E / 6L90E Dipstick
NGK Iridium IX spark plugs #7 heat range
Mighty Mouse Camaro 5 Wild w/-12an and Billet Black
HP Tuners VCM Suite
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:21 AM   #42
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
so many on this forum agree with that. I couldn't tell you the last time I actually saw an ad for a camaro. of if they are advertising them, they are not on any tv shows I watch... like Drama, movies, sports or comedies. I don't watch Lifetime or Oprah channel, so they could be doing something there.
Very underrated TV show is Hawaii Five-0. NCIS is also pretty good. Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, on Amazon Prime is pretty good as well.