#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-01-2018, 08:48 AM   #113
Boost Creep

Drives: '18 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I don't think a single person on this forum missed that point. What most are struggling with is what purpose is the PP2 right for?

No track coolers, and no street tires. Hmmmmmmm......
Doing one lap around a track a little faster than the PP1 before limp mode?

Maybe the Mustang is designed for one lap of America. You know hit every track and only be able to complete one lap at each.

I really don't know.
Old 08-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #114
Boost Creep

We discuss camber settings and rock chip protection while the Mustang guys weigh the pros and cons of flat beds versus trailers.

Oh, well.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:54 AM   #115
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
I don't think a single person on this forum missed that point. What most are struggling with is what purpose is the PP2 right for?

This, right here. Exactly.

1. Track-specific focused components, 2. track-specific focused tuning, 3. track-specific focused development, but not recommended for the track... These are the facts that are being ignored by many people. And, yes, these are 100%, bonafide, facts.

All additons, every single one of them, in this package is completely track.

What’s not being ignored is that Ford states it’s not a car for the track and is just a car to improve enthusiastic driving. But for where? The [public] street? That simply makes zero sense. Autocross does, but that’s not stated by anyone anywhere.

Maybe there was a different direction early in the project that was abandoned. Who knows.

Nice car! Looks cool. Definitely a decent autocross car. Definitely a good basis to build a track car, but it’s not one outright - what’s the intent here? All I see is marketing performance numbers, as most tests by the media will be limited in duration and number of laps or won’t drive the car that hard.

As a performance enthusiast, Mustang fan and advocate of performance car competition, it’s disappointing to see Ford run towards the finish line, in a 5k, to decided to walk the last 100 meters.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:22 AM   #116
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
This, right here. Exactly.

1. Track-specific focused components, 2. track-specific focused tuning, 3. track-specific focused development, but not recommended for the track... These are the facts that are being ignored by many people. And, yes, these are 100%, bonafide, facts.

All additons, every single one of them, in this package is completely track.

What’s not being ignored is that Ford states it’s not a car for the track and is just a car to improve enthusiastic driving. But for where? The [public] street? That simply makes zero sense. Autocross does, but that’s not stated by anyone anywhere.

Maybe there was a different direction early in the project that was abandoned. Who knows.

Nice car! Looks cool. Definitely a decent autocross car. Definitely a good basis to build a track car, but it’s not one outright - what’s the intent here? All I see is marketing performance numbers, as most tests by the media will be limited in duration and number of laps or won’t drive the car that hard.

As a performance enthusiast, Mustang fan and advocate of performance car competition, it’s disappointing to see Ford run towards the finish line, in a 5k, to decided to walk the last 100 meters.
I shouldn’t add to this, because it says so much truth, but I’m in the back seat of an Acadia for the next hour and a half and the music the driver has chosen sucks, sooooo.....

When I get home, I’m gonna bake a cake. One of my kids has a birthday coming up. I think I’ll make it a yellow cake. Three layers, with buttercream between the layers. And then I’ll put some candles on it. Twenty-two of them. That oughta do it. By the way, I don’t intend to frost it, so it won’t be a birthday cake. It’ll just be a delicious yellow cake with buttercream between the layers, but it’s not a birthday cake. The candles? People like candles. Why can’t it have candles? Yeah, I’ll have some buttercream left after I spread it between the layers, but I don’t wanna use it to frost the top. There’s enough buttercream between the layers for the typical cake-eater. Don’t wanna be accused of promoting diabetes, so nope, no frosting. I have another cake, though, that has frosting but no candles. Want a slice?
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:44 AM   #117
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:

I guess for those that don't care about tracking but enjoy a higher level of handling on the street. That's exactly why I bought my 1LE, but it's great to know that mine is totally track capable.
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:47 AM   #118
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
Quote:
What most are struggling with is what purpose is the PP2 right for?
The newest way to impress 5-year-olds and bounce off curbs at the local Cars and Coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9rmal View Post
I guess for those that don't care about tracking but enjoy a higher level of handling on the street. That's exactly why I bought my 1LE, but it's great to know that mine is totally track capable.
Exactly right.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #119
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Well, then it would need street tires to fit that crowd. We are still at square one here.

Yes, the 1LE is more track capable and considering it has street tires, it is more street capable too.
Old 08-01-2018, 11:20 AM   #120
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I shouldn’t add to this, because it says so much truth, but I’m in the back seat of an Acadia for the next hour and a half and the music the driver has chosen sucks, sooooo.....

When I get home, I’m gonna bake a cake. One of my kids has a birthday coming up. I think I’ll make it a yellow cake. Three layers, with buttercream between the layers. And then I’ll put some candles on it. Twenty-two of them. That oughta do it. By the way, I don’t intend to frost it, so it won’t be a birthday cake. It’ll just be a delicious yellow cake with buttercream between the layers, but it’s not a birthday cake. The candles? People like candles. Why can’t it have candles? Yeah, I’ll have some buttercream left after I spread it between the layers, but I don’t wanna use it to frost the top. There’s enough buttercream between the layers for the typical cake-eater. Don’t wanna be accused of promoting diabetes, so nope, no frosting. I have another cake, though, that has frosting but no candles. Want a slice?
Are you going to sing “Happy Birthday” though?
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:43 AM   #121
zx9rmal

Drives: '20 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Well, then it would need street tires to fit that crowd. We are still at square one here.
The PP2 comes with Sport Cups, no? Why would it need street tires? Do they not work well on the street because of inadequate heat?
'22 Kawasaki ZX-14R
zx9rmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 09:46 AM   #122
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
The PP2 comes with Sport Cups, no? Why would it need street tires? Do they not work well on the street because of inadequate heat?
It has sport cup 2s. I think the point is that if the car isn't really designed to be a track car, then putting SC2s on it is kinda overkill. It doesn't need that kind of tire for cruising.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:00 AM   #123
50MileSmile

Drives: 2023 2SS, 2018 1SS 1LE, 1993 Z/28
But it needs the SC2s for bragging rights at the local Cars and Coffee ... today's version of "If it don't go, chrome it" from the '60s drive-in scene.
50MileSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:53 AM   #124
jpdaugherty

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
I'm really surprised they released that car knowing it couldn't handle extensive track use. If you want the ultimate street mustang I thought that was reserved for the Bullitt & PP1.

My theory is it was too close to the GT350R....
jpdaugherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:06 PM   #125
Boost Creep

My theory....
Old 08-02-2018, 12:06 PM   #126
AZ_1LE

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
I get the suspension and making it "more" track ready than a PP1, but here's one of the biggest WTF's to me:

Why put Sport Cup 2 tires on a car that will overheat before the tires get up to operating temp???????????????????????
AZ_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote