Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-15-2016, 08:16 PM   #15
sschons74

Drives: 16 Camaro 1SS & 82 Silverado C10
I got my 1SS for 39K OTD. No options, but I am an average joe with mortgage & kids. At first I was a little sticker shocked, but I have a LT1 with a Tremec TR-6060 on the Alpha chassis, it is definitely worth it to me. It's almost like a half priced C7.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:32 PM   #16
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
My 2SS, automatic, sunroof, nav, and dual mode exhaust was about $45,000 out the door. MSRP was around $46,000. My dealer was around $3,000 under MSRP.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:48 PM   #17
SSport16

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red Camaro 2SS
You get what you pay for...the interior, the performance, etc. is amazing in this car, it is handing a lot of competition their a**es! It is 99.9% of a Stingray, and costs $25k less, loaded to loaded.

1100 Status - 7/24/15 (Ordered)
3800 Status - 10/13/15 (Built)
6000 Status - 12/22/15 (Delivered)
SSport16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:50 PM   #18
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
For me the convertible is to high. $7000 increase over coupe is just to high. The Vette is 1/2 that price for a vert. There vert increase is crazy.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:51 PM   #19
dreamingat30fps

Drives: 2016 2SS
Let me start by saying I have no brand loyalty at all and this is my first American car. That being said I think people (in general) still see GM and American cars in general as being inferior to their counter parts in some way.

Like oh I was going to get an (Insert German or Japanese vehicle) but I could get the same features and more power for LESS $$ in the (Insert GM vehicle) so I went with that. Instead of both cars costs about the same but I went with the (Insert GM vehicle) because it is superior to the (Insert German or Japanese vehicle) in every way, performance, design, build quality, reliability etc.

I think that is something that Hyundai is doing successfully and although not there yet I think it will happen soon. Also from what little experience I have with GM and American cars in general I think they are trying to head that way and I will say the design and build quality has dramatically improved from what I remember.
dreamingat30fps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:54 PM   #20
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
Yes they are too high. The SS models anyway. I priced out a loaded 2SS 6th gen on Chevy.com. Brembo (front only brakes), ground effects, dual mode etc etc and the MSRP was over $50,000 before dealer markup.

I checked my local Chevy dealer and they have some bare bones SS 6th gens on the lot and the cheapest is around $46,000.
I don't care how much "better" the car is than the previous gen, Chevy has made it too expensive for a significant portion of Americans. Also there seem to be a lot of little issues with this being the first year of the 6th gen and all.

I ended up buying a 2015 1LE from my dealer last month instead of the 6th gen. It had 2SS, RS, Dual Mode etc and paid $39,000 out the door. I can't even imagine what the 2017 1LE is going to cost. My bet is 55-60 grand. Wait and see.
Huh????

Bare bones SS for 46k??? Lol. Your funny. You do realize 46k gets you a loaded (way more stuff than a 5th gen 2SS) 2SS and some options for that price. I bought my 1SS with npp and automatic for 38k, do don't feed us that nonsense.

Oh...and the 1LE will.come in around 42 to 44k.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:02 PM   #21
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Got mine AAA program 45k
2SS with all option except magnetic
Attached Images

mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:06 PM   #22
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Doesn't some of you posting these ridiculous statements about pricing realize that we all have the Internet? It's very easy to see where these cars are at. Wow! 46k for a bare bones SS hey? What plantet are you living on? Must be a huge shipping fee to get it there.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:27 PM   #23
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
You guys have some serious fanboyism going on in this 6th gen forum.

Since you have the Internet as you said, go to Chevy.com and build a 2016 2SS with NPP, Brembos, ground effects etc and come back and show me how affordable it is. The one I built was over $50,000. That's just silly,

And yes, the 2SS models at my dealership are mid 40's and they aren't anything special. They may have a few nice options, but aren't loaded by any means.

Also, regardless if the cars are worth the money or not mechanically speaking is irrelevant. They are marketed toward a demographic, many of which can't afford to buy anything other than the basic models.
So the market will decide whether they are priced too high or not and IMO they are, but time and numbers will tell.

PS: I'm taking my 1Le for its first service tomorrow.
Hopefully the dealer has some of these left on the lot which I suspect they will at the prices they are asking, and I'll take some picturee of some window stickers.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:41 PM   #24
motorhead

Quote:

Since you have the Internet as you said, go to Chevy.com and build a 2016 2SS with NPP, Brembos, ground effects etc and come back and show me how affordable it is. The one I built was over $50,000. That's just silly,

And yes, the 2SS models at my dealership are mid 40's and they aren't anything special. They may have a few nice options, but aren't loaded by any means.

Also, regardless if the cars are worth the money or not mechanically speaking is irrelevant. They are marketed toward a demographic, many of which can't afford to buy anything other than the basic models.
So the market will decide whether they are priced too high or not and IMO they are, but time and numbers will tell.

PS: I'm taking my 1Le for its first service tomorrow.
Hopefully the dealer has some of these left on the lot which I suspect they will at the prices they are asking, and I'll take some picturee of some window stickers.
Just using your very words. "Bare bones for 46k" which implies the very base model.
Here is the bare bones SS. Over 8k cheaper than what you are claiming.

Last edited by motorhead; 10-02-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:46 PM   #25
HogsFan75

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
Here you go.
Some at my local dealership.

Here is one like I built. Over 50 grand
http://mobile.landerschevrolet.com/d...-14658792.html

Here is a 2SS on the same lot with dual mode. Also has garbage looking "premium wheels".
It's $46,000

http://mobile.landerschevrolet.com/d...-14792504.html

And one more 2SS on the same lot. Again mid $40,000

http://mobile.landerschevrolet.com/d...-14680778.html

So after gap, any extended warranty tax, title and license, you we looking at close to or over 50 grand for these 2SS cars, which again I say, isn't affordable to a sizable part of the target demographic. Not being a hater here, just being honest.

Oh and when I see the 2017 V8 1Le at "41-42" like someone posted above, I'll eat crow. I'll bet it's much higher.
HogsFan75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:55 PM   #26
motorhead

Quote:
Here you go.
Some at my local dealership.

Here is one like I built. Over 50 grand
http://mobile.landerschevrolet.com/d...-14658792.html

Here is a 2SS on the same lot with dual mode. Also has garbage looking "premium wheels".
It's $46,000

http://mobile.landerschevrolet.com/d...-14792504.html

And one more 2SS on the same lot. Again mid $40,000

http://mobile.landerschevrolet.com/d...-14680778.html

So after gap, any extended warranty tax, title and license, you we looking at close to or over 50 grand for these 2SS cars, which again I say, isn't affordable to a sizable part of the target demographic. Not being a hater here, just being honest.

Oh and when I see the 2017 V8 1Le at "41-42" like someone posted above, I'll eat crow. I'll bet it's much higher.
And non of them are bare bone as you claim. And what does gap have to do with anything? That only matters to the guy that couldn't afford his first car and now is upside down. That isn't the Manufacturer's fault for people's poor decisions.
Old 03-15-2016, 10:02 PM   #27
DREWZ SS

Drives: 14 Camaro - 92 Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty McFlew View Post
I live in an area where there are about 5 chevy stores in a 20 mile radius. I looked at some Camaros almost 2 months ago and some of these same vehicles are sitting on the lot with reduced prices. I would have though they would have been sold a week after hitting the lot. I know the pricing is a bit high over the Mustang and 5th gen. Is it sticker shock after all that's keeping these cars from moving. When drove the first one there was still snow on the ground so I thought that's why they ere not moving, but the snow has been gone for almost 2 months now and some of the same cars are still there.
I'm +1, with you on this one...
My theory is that they got lazy on the overall design(exterior) and while it is quicker it doesn't have anywhere near the same WOW factor that the 5th gen had. When I first saw the 5th gen, I didn't care what the performance specs were because it had a presence, the 6th does not have this presence. I still can't get over how ugly the rear end is...
DREWZ SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #28
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:

This is not a logical argument, I'm sorry. All of this is based on basic mathematics, and has nothing to do with fanboyism, so the attempted insult rings a bit hollow; but thanks for trying.

Just because you CAN option up a car to the moon with accessories, doesn't mean the car in general, is expensive.

A 2SS starts at $41,300, and that's a loaded car with tech, appearance, comfort, and safety equipment. Put Mag Ride and NPP, and you've got an M4-beating car for less than 45 grand. Ground effects, 6-pistons, and "etc" are all fluff that is only needed based on preference by the buyer alone. In those cases, the buyer will WANT to spend that money...and so still...it wouldn't be "overpriced".

What you're proposing is akin to telling someone the 5th gen SS was too expensive because a 2SS plus the $4500 21" wheel package made it too pricey.

Furthermore,

The turbo four cylinder starts at $26,700, right in line with the rest of the competition (except it includes more stuff standard), and the SS models are expensive because they're heavily contented. Add a track pack to every Mustang GT that is compared to compensate for their lack of standard track cooling, and consider that each SS bears the costs of standard RS equipment.

The reality is, the Camaro line is not "overpriced."...

...The upper performance models are just heavily contented, and the price reflects that.

Please, let's try not to turn this into a 5th vs 6th, in any way...